“Two nights at Tahoma Vista” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jasmer's Fireplace Rooms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashford
Jasmer's Fireplace Rooms
30005 SR 706 E, Ashford, WA 98304   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Ashford
A TripAdvisor Member
“Two nights at Tahoma Vista”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

Staying at the Tahoma Vista cabin was a wonderful change from a motel or hotel. Our family consists of two parents and two children (20 and 16 yrs). Our schedule allowed us to stay only two nights, but we would have liked to stay longer so that we could play more of the games in the cupboard. Fortunately, the weather was very good during our visit, but that meant that we did not spend much more than evenings/nights at Tahoma Vista. The cabin was spotlessly clean, and Tanna and Luke are gracious innkeepers. Keep in mind that the loft area with the king bed is truly a loft, that is, it has no doors and is open to the living area below.

Stayed June 2006

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

My wife and I were looking for a quiet, relaxing place to stay near the Mt Rainier gate and we found Jasmers. It was a very relaxing and peaceful weekend. The songbird suite is a perfect cozy gettaway for two people to just enjoy each other. I highly recommend the Songbird to anyone who wants a relaxing weekend, or week.

• Stayed March 2006
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2006

Hospitable, accomodating and communicative owners.
Clean and cozy accomodations. Private, quiet, meditative (the birds were talkative :). Sitting in a hot tub under the stars and beneath falling snow is mesmerizing.
Close to the Mt. Rainier National Park southwest entrance (~5). The mountain is beautiful as well as the entirety of the area.
I want to come back!

• Stayed February 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2006

As a single traveler, I stayed at the Bird's Nest suite this past weekend - a lovely, charming cozy room perfect for one or two persons. I loved the gas fireplace, and all the extra touches which made my stay so memorable - like a coffeemaker with ground coffee ready to go, an alarm clock, a DVD player, CD and audiocassette player, microwave, refrigerator, and a supply of dishes and condiments. A queen-size very comfy bed, along with exquisite silence, made for a very restful stay. One gets the feeling that one is staying at a charming, cozy country inn in the middle of wilderness, with only a short drive to the Longmire entrance of Mount Rainier National Park.

The availability of an outdoor hot tub was also a nice amenity, and (being a birder) I appreciated the bird feeders right outside my window. The llamas on the property were also fun to meet and observe, and it was obvious that they were well taken care of as loved pets.

I recommend this place unequivocally, and I would absolutely go back for another stay (again, being a birder, I loved the names of their suites: Bird's Nest - the smallest suite, Songbird, and Wild Bird). The hosts are attentive, kind and very nice folks, and the room rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2005

My sister and I have stayed at Jasmer's Big Creek Cabin and the Hudson Bay Cabin and we loved them both. The cabins are set off in the woods and very cozy. Unlike the preceding review, my sister and I (2 females) felt very safe in both cabins.

The cabins have awesome wood burning stoves and plenty of good burning fire wood. The kitchens are stocked with everything you need.

I have stayed at many rental cabins from the Smokey Mountains to Mt. Ranier and Jasmer's cabins can't be beat!

• Stayed October 2005
Rowlett, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2005

... if you are thinking of staying at the Big Creek cabin (obviously I can't comment on the other "cabins" ... they may be just fine), there are some things that you should know before you take the advice of the previous trip advisor comments.

Everything is fine until you get into the neighborhood where the "cabin" is located. Yes, it is located in a neighborhood. When we first drove in, there were a bunch of teenagers on 3-wheelers screwing around. This was not as secluded as I was left to believe by their website.

Secondly, this neighborhood is a little underwhelming. The lots are very small and there is a lot of rusted out cars and winnebagos, dillapidated houses, garbage on the front lawns, etc. Sorry to sound a little elitist here, but it was scary.

The "cabin" is just a house with a lot of wood-like paneling. This should be obvious from the pictures on their website. But when I think of "cabin" I think of "log cabin". Perhaps our expectations were set higher by previous cabin experiences in the Smokie Mountains, which were well managed, beautifully appointed, REAL cabins.

To its credit, the house itself seemed clean. The lady at the Jasmers office was very nice.

The biggest problem is that it is very close to two other houses. There is one "next door" which is actually not very noticeable. The other is directly within view of the back porch and the hot tub. It doesn't seem to be occupied ... YET! (At least, it appears to be a REAL cabin.) So yes -- you are within a few yards from the creek which is peaceful and all that -- but the problem is that so is the other cabin which ruins the "peaceful" and "secluded" nature of the cabin experience.

Along those lines, the hot tub is in perfect working order, but the deck is easly accessible from the rest of the property. In other words, the elevation of the land is not steep, so the deck sits just barely above ground level. Not knowing the neighborhood any more than what we could see as we first entered, we were a little concerned about our safety. Anyone could have walked from the street to the hot tub while we were in it. Perhaps we were a little paranoid, but we felt too vulnerable to relax and enjoy ourselves.

The bright spot was the racoon. He'll knock on the back door if you don't leave food out. We had fun watching him.

So my advice would be to avoid this "cabin". Also, if you are planning on staying at another cabin with Jasmers I would recommend asking A LOT of questions before you book your reservation.

• Stayed September 2005
, Owner at Jasmer's Fireplace Rooms, responded to this review, November 2, 2005
This is not the Smoky Mountains - it is Ashford, Mt Rainier. Jasmer's is well established, honorable business and not here to over sell, but to provide you with the best, clean, comfortable accommodations around. Our website provides interior and exterior photos as to not mis - lead. Big Creek cabin is a private cabin with hot tub, designed and accommodates the vast majority of people who appreciate quiet, clean, private and comfortable accommodations on the water. Not to mention all that we provide including the firewood, racoon food and bird seed. Yes a home away from home, but without distractions!
All of our cabins are in vacation cabin areas - and other people come to recreate and enjoy too. We are truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations, (lord knows we can not please everyone, even though we try), but if you would have read any of the thousands of comments in the guest books at the cabin since 1992 you would have found out how very peaceful and relaxing the cabin is! Big Creek cabin sits on 150 feet of creek frontage with towering trees all around you and we sell it as Soul - Soothing not secluded.
Generally speaking anyone of those "scary" cabin owners you spoke about would have stopped to help you in a heart beat. Luke and I or anyone would have reassured you of your safety here in rural america, if it was announced.
I do not understand what you are saying about the deck being too low as it has like 6 steps or more with a hand rail and is on the creekside of the cabin far away from the street.
To experience life and enjoy, we must live in the present, for the past is history.
Luke, Tanna and Alexi Osterhaus - Jasmer's Lodging at Mt Rainier and Rainier Cabins
Happy to accommodate, anyone who can appreciate high quality, clean, private accommodations since 1987!

Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2005

The best thing about Jasmers is the wonderful, friendly hosts. They are so welcoming. We stayed one night in the Wildbird suite. It was great. They provided us with oatmeal and popcorn. There's a nice gas stove that heats the place. We watched one of the movies in our room, and settled in for a nice sleep before seeing Rainier the next day. Very nice place.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Jasmer's Fireplace Rooms? Share your experiences!