“Lovely relaxing stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Acton Trussell
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxing stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We needed an overnight stop on our trip North. This hotel is only just off the M6, not near enough to be bothered by traffic. We had a standard room with a king size bed, flat screen tv with free view channels. Room was a bit chilly when we arrived but soon warmed up when we turned the heating up ( it was extremely cold outside ) . Room was nice and clean, good order, lovely cotton sheets, comfortable bed and also plenty of hot water. There was a wedding celebration with lots of guests but we had a view over the carpark and pond and were not bothered by noise at all. Breakfast was great. Cooked traditional breakfast, coffee, toast, fruit juices, cereals, fresh fruit and Danishes. Enjoyed our stay and if we are ever in that part of the world would love to go back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Stafford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We visited the Moat House on 26th January to celebrate our friends' wedding. The service was perfect. Food arrived, and was cleared, quickly and efficiently and all glasses were kept topped up constantly which is no mean feat on a table of 32! Our meals were delicious. I did hear that the soup lacked flavour but that was the only mild complaint. All staff were friendly and personable. A good night was had by all.
While I would happily recommend the Moat House for its staff, food, and quality of service I also feel that this is very much reflected in the price of everything - EXPENSIVE! In this case you get what you pay for.

Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Got a late deal on a room at the Moat House Hotel. Got a nice room which considering how close it is to the motorway was lovely and quiet. The hotel itself is lovely and in a great setting. The convenience of being so close to the motorway means its ideal for days in an around the area. Would recommend to anyone. The restaurant served reasonably priced food and was reasonably good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
penkridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have visited The Moat House on several occasions for various functions and it never fails to please It is a beautiful house in a wonderful setting The food has always been excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly I was delighted that my daughter and future son in law chose this venue for their wedding reception I knew that they would not be disappointed as the hotel has a good reputation locally in the neighbouring village of Penkridge The theme for the wedding was "Winter Wonderland" the decorations in the dining were excellent and in keeping with the occasion The lovely grounds were perfect for taking photographs with the snow still carpeting the lawns and ice still on the lake
This time I was fortunate to have an overnight stay I had a lovely large bedroom over looking the moat with views out to the canal The room was immaculate and the huge bed was clean and so comfortable The ensuite was spotless
The Wedding reception meal was good I had Sea Bass couldnt fault it... .excellent!.. ...
At breakfast the next morning the table was beautilully laid for twenty people the breakfast was also good I normally only have cereal and fruit but this time I was tempted to bacon and scrambled egg and it was perfect
I would like to express my thanks to the manager and staff who made my daughter and new son in law 's day so perfect and enjoyable I will continue to recommend you in the future

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Congleton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Since our visit to this hotel on the occasion of my sons wedding reception I have recommended it to everyone.My daughter and I found the room we were in comfortable and spotlessly clean with plenty of toiletries,tissues,soft white towels,tea ,coffee,biscuits and bottled water.The view from our window was wonderful and the grounds very pretty.The reception in the library before the meal was nice and we were served canapes by a pleasant girl who engaged in chat with everyone, and steadfastly holding the heavy tray refusing to put it on the table because that was what was expected of her! The evening meal was served in an oak- beamed room beautifully set up with an almost christmassy effect with good lighting effects.The table was set out with white linen, candles and sparkling glasses.About 32 guests were served by 3 waiters. The only complaint that I heard was from those who had opted for soup all saying it was rather bland. I can honestly say that we enjoyed a hot and tasty meal,our main course was chicken.The wine waiter came round on at least 5 occasions to top up our glasses if needed.After the meal we went to the library for the rest of the evening where a waiter came to ask for drink orders.The next morning 16 of the guests who had stayed over sat together for a lovely hot breafast. May I say that all staff were pleasant and helpful . I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms as stated by those who stayed with us could be recommeded.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband & I attended our dear friends wedding on the 26 th Jan 2013. It was a beautiful snowy day at The gorgeous Acton Trussell Moathouse. The room we had the meal in was just amazing with it's oak beams, crisp white linen and twinkly lights, it looked like a winter wonderland with white christmas trees candles and beautifully decorated. The staff were very professional, friendly & efficient. Gorgeous food very well presented & great timing between courses. My glass was never empty! Always topped up with out having to ask :-) the style is stylish & in keeping with the 14th century character, warm & cosy.
After the meal we retired to have a go on the casino table in a lovely private area, the library, which i believe the hotel offered free which was perfect to relax with Neil & dawns family & friends and have fun.
Although we were not staying over night we were lucky enough to join them, in the morning, for a gorgeous breakfast, which our taxi driver recommended!! & it didn't disappoint! I have worked in a wide range of hotels over 28 years and appreciate good service, good food & beautiful surroundings & this hotel has it all!! It was a pleasure to be a guest here & I'm sure the bride & groom will have wonderful memories of their special day :-) thank you!

Room Tip: We didn't stay as we only attended the wedding meal & breakfast, so that is why i can't...
northwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Mini reunion with friends for evening meal and overnight stay. No complaint whatsoever about the atmospheric restaurant, good food and faultless service. Groundlloor room was quiet and peaceful. Room was too hot overnight but windows opened easily to let in fresh air. Well situated from exit 13 on M6 for those wanting a comfortable overnight break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Moat House? Share your experiences!