We stayed at the Moat House as a wind down after Christmas and New Year (it is 1/2 way between families!). Never stayed here before but is was excellent. The hotel is very well appointed and maintained and during our stay offered a feeling of calm not always found even in 4* establishments.
We dined one night on the Two AA Rosette restaurant which was again excellent. If I was to be picky the main course could have been a little hotter on arrival at the table.
Second night we eat in the bar and again the standard of food and service was excellent and for the quality of food very good value for money
- Also Known As:
- The Moat House Acton Trussell Hotel Acton Trussell
- The Moat House Acton Trussell Hotel
- Moat Hotel Acton Trussell
- The Moat House Acton Trussell, UK - Staffordshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moat House Staffordshire, an independent, family run hotel with four coveted AA stars....a unique and very special place. The luxury Moat House Hotel boasts a canal side location in the picturesque village of Acton Trussell. It extends a warm family welcome which guarantees industry leading professionalism and service. Whether your need is for accommodation, fine dining, a wedding venue or the best in corporate hospitality, our beautiful, historical buildings provide the perfect solution. Close to junction 13 of the M6 and within a short drive of Stafford, The Moat House combines a taste of history with leading-edge facilities and unrivaled service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Moat House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.