“Good reliable hotel for business in Morristown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Morristown, New Jersey
“Good reliable hotel for business in Morristown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed here many times. Management is committed to improvement. Most rooms are nicely renovated. The rooms are large with "heavenly" bed. Hallway noise sometimes a problem but generally quiet. The air-conditioning units in the rooms are a bit nosy when running. The bathrooms are a bit small with shower heads in need of work. The restaurant Blue Morel in the hotel is excellent with large wine list (also many choices by the glass). The new fitness center (now located off the lobby) is a big improvement with new aerobic machines and adequate assortment of free weights. Newspapers are all free. The internet worked very well across many devices. The shuttle service is great for local trips (to downtown Morristown). The staff from reception to bell hop were all very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Johnanddon1,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the renovated guestrooms, new Westin Workout Facility, and the Blue Morel restaurant. I am sorry to hear about shower head and the noise from the AC/ Heating unit in the room. We are in the process of changing over to the new Westin Heavenly shower heads. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Colin Ankersen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We recently experience an overnight stay for a wedding we attended and were very pleased from check-in to check-out. Our request for a late check-out and early check-in made our stay much less rushed and more pleasant. It also enabled us to spend more time with friends also attending the wedding.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Dale S,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your requests for your early check-in and your extended check-out time. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris during your next visit to Morristown, NJ.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding that was happing here so I did not choose the place. The hotel was nice enough but our room had several issues. The toilet had a leak in the tank so it ran every few minutes. The shower leaked onto the floor. The ceiling had water damage and the paint was peeling. The beds were awesome! From what I was told this hotel has been in place for a long time and it was renovated in the past few years. The staff was alright. They kicked us out of the bar and into the lobby at 1:30am even though the bar didn’t close until 2am. I was later told it was because the city was trying to shut them down. Two mixed drinks were $27 plus, but I guess I should expect that at a Hotel bar right. I only stayed one night and informed them of the problems with the room. The guy at the desk was like “ok I notify engineering, bye.”

Dear Dkuz,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. I do apologize about the inconveniences you received during your say with us. Please contact me directly to speak further about your stay. I can be reached at 973-539-7300.

Pelham Manor, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed overnight at the Westin Governor Morris to make the early start of the Gran Fondo New Jersey -- a wonderful, challenging bike event thanks to the hills and beauty of the area. But I also enjoyed the proximity to the historic sites connected to the American Revolution, including the statue of George Washington I encountered along my walk to/from the hotel into "downtown" Morristown.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, so I got a good night's sleep prior to my bike ride. It is conveniently located close to the highway and reasonable close to downtown. Most folks would drive, but I prefer walking and was able to do so, although sidewalks are not available in some places. It also was a short, easy bike ride from the start of the ride, making it convenient to leave one's car in the lot to do the Fondo.

My only complaint was when I had lunch in the hotel restaurant. I ordered the lobster roll and, while it was tasty, I felt cheated on the amount of lobster. The waitstaff was helpful and responsive, but the answer they procured felt more like an excuse (the chef measures a specific amount and that had been provided). I suggested they might want to reduce the size of the brioche roll, which was much larger than needed for the amount of lobster meat included or in general considering how folks are watching their carb intake these days. My sense is my mistake was in the item I ordered, not in the quality of the food overall. And certainly the waitstaff was professional and courteous.

Overall, I was happy with my accommodations and would return to the hotel again. (Even with a wedding going on, I did not encounter noise problems, which was important because of my early event the next morning.) And they let you keep your bike in the room, which was an added convenience as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear KGTraveler_13,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Westin Governor Morris on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the guestrooms, Blue Morel restaurant, and the local historical sites. I have passed along your suggesting to the kitchen in regards to the Lobster Roll. We hope the Gran Fondo went well this year and we can't wait to be apart of the event again next year. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family stayed at the Westin Governor Morris hotel for one night. The gentleman who checked us in was warm and friendly. He made sure that there was a crib in the room for my toddler and was generally attentive.

The lobby and guest room were clean and comfortable. The double shower head was great though the bathroom could use some updating.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Westin Governor was a very nice property. The customer service was excellent and it started at check in. Our room wasn’t ready, but the employee assisting us & the mgr. quickly had that fixed and even upgraded our room. The doorman was very friendly and gave great directions.
Our room itself was very large, two queen size beds, a couch, a chair & end table. Each room had refrigerator, large TV and a good size desk. The bathroom was quite spacious, all though I would have liked more counter room for my toiletries. The beds were very comfortable along with the pillows. The shower was nice with two shower heads.
The cleaning staff was friendly and did a great job. I requested extra pillows and extra glasses and our needs were always met and were exceeded.
I would stay at the hotel again as the staff was great and the location was right off the fwy and convenient.
My only complaint was a bartender at the wedding I attended at the hotel. He wasn’t very polite or nice. His job is to serve guests and be pleasant while doing so. I wasn’t the only one who had this complaint.
The bar area is nice and the restaurant in the hotel is also very good. Downtown Morristown is very cute and has many choices if you’re looking for lunch or dinner.

Dear Gobluegirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased that my Front Office team was able to assist you during your check-in process. I am pleased to hear all the positive feedback in regards to the hotel; the upgraded guest room, the Heavenly beds, and the Heavenly dual shower head. I do apologize about the inconvenience you had at the bar. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris.

Red Bank, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I attended a board meeting and stayed over night. The room was excellent, large king bed with very nice comforter, room clean and while bath room a bit tiny the shower was excellent. The service at our meeting was excellent as well as the food. The staff were pleasant and the check in very professional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Travelingman1212,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Westin Governor Morris. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while attending a business meeting. We hope to see you again at the Westin Governor Morris during your next visit to Morristown, NJ.

Colin Ankersen

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!