“Near a lot of HISTORY in Morristown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Middletown, Rhode Island
“Near a lot of HISTORY in Morristown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you are into the Presidents etc Washington's winter stop over location in Morrostown is a WONDERFUL way to mix business and pleasure. Only looked at the outside this time - next time back will do the whole thing. Hotel is nice - may come back with family in the summer. Can't beat the Starwood beds.

Room Tip: Not downtown - so make sure you have a car and plan ahead as to where you will park in town to not h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Carmella S

You are right there is a lot of history in the immidiate area that is interesting to check out. Acorn Hall next door to the the hotel is a the Historical Society of Morristown. We also do offer a complimentary shuttle within 5 miles that includes shops, restaurant and historical sites.

Thanks for staying with us.

Be Well

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We recently held our 11/17/12 wedding at the Westin Governor Morris and could not have been more pleased with our entire experience. From the first time we met with Carrie, we immediately felt confident in selecting the Westin for our reception, as well as rehearsal dinner and Sunday farewell brunch. Carrie and the entire team made us feel so special throughout the planning process, as well as the weekend of our wedding. First class communication throughout the entire process, especially for all the "little questions" that come up during planning logistics. Carrie was a dream to work with throughout and was thoughtful, professional, and just a wonderful resource! Even though we came in under our guaranteed count, they worked with us to add more stations to cocktail hour and dessert so that we didn’t end up paying for food/service we weren’t getting. Our guests can’t stop talking about how amazing the food was – and how much of it there was at both cocktail hour, dinner and the Venetian dessert hour. Pedro and the service team were amazing throughout the entire weekend – they made us feel like royalty all weekend, always making sure we had whatever we wanted! I had purchased special linens and other personalized décor touches and they made sure the ballroom looked incredible – when they brought us in to show us the room before opening it up to our guests, I actually cried because they made my vision of our wedding come to life. Many of our guests stayed overnight and loved the hotel accommodations – we were lucky enough to stay in the Presidential suite all weekend and it is gorgeous. The Westin Governor Morris staff makes you feel so welcome - from the front desk staff, to the bellman, to the security team, to the wait staff - they are all wonderful! Virtually all of our guests have told us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to (including a few couples who just got married last year). Carrie and the rest of the Westin Governor Morris team went above and beyond to make our wedding so amazing – their slogan is “this is how it should feel” and we walked away feeling like royalty!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear RebeccaS893,

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and appreciate your comments on our food, customer service, lobby and accommodations. We are thrilled to have made your wedding so special for you. We hope that you would come and visit us again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Regards,
Colin Ankersen
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am a local but I frequent the local establishments in the area often. The westin has by far the best and nicest atmosphere around this area. The hotel itself is new, clean, and the best place to stay. The only downside is that it is not walking distance to the center of Morristown. It is worth it to stay farther away though. The bed was incredible.

Room Tip: Head to the bar for friend bartenders and great drinks.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at the Westin Governor Morris Hotel in Morristown, NJ. We hadn't been to the hotel in almost an entire year, yet many members of the staff remembered us and welcomed us warmly. I've traveled a lot in my life and this is the only hotel where I feel like I'm with family.

Of specific note - John greets us warmly and makes sure my needs our taken care of. My husband had a torn calf muscle and couldn't walk well. John grabbed a wheelchair and went to get him from our car without even being asked.

Richard, Yessy, Fabiola, Dario....The entire restaurant staff is outstanding - and not to mention the food. The chocolate brioche bread pudding is the best dessert I've eaten in my whole life.

Finally, hotel manager Tanzania is one of the kindest-hearted people I've met in a long time.

I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Away from rooms where weddings are held is a good idea.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sandi D

Thank you for your kind comments and for coming back to stay with us. Your positive comments on all the staff members are the very reason why we are in this business. We thrive on positive comments and exceeding our customers expectations.

We look forward to having you back with us soon again.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I definitely love the look of this hotel...so much charm! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by very friendly hotel staff. Everyone was so friendly throughout our entire stay so we have no complaints about service. The room and bathroom were on the smaller side but very clean. We were happy that the hotel had a bar/restaurant but disappointed that they closed right after a large group of guests arrived after a wedding. I wish the bar stayed open later. Also we had breakfast at the hotel and although it tasted ok, my husband found a long hair in his food which was a total turnoff.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Dapfunk187

Thanks for your kind comments and for staying with us. Unfortunately we have very specific requirements from our township regarding Bar and the hours of operations. I am really sorry about your breakfast and I would like to invite your to come back and have brunch on us for the inconvenience. You can reach me at cankersen@westinmorristown.com

New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I spent 1 evening at this Westin hotel since I had an early morning meeting just outside Morristown and didn't want to commute in from New York City even earlier the same day.

The Westin is in a suburban area (well, Morristown is basically a suburban city). There are no adjacent stores, etc. so you are relegated to what is on-site at the hotel. This was a bit of an issue as I had room service for dinner and ate at the buffet for breakfast. While I am the first to admit that room service is expensive to begin with and that my late check in prevented me from dining outside I still get annoyed with a $40 tab for a simple meal. Likewise the self-serve buffet breakfast, which I believe was close to $30 total. However, the service for both was just fine. I am not complaining about that aspect, just the cost of the food itself. Next time, for breakfast, I'll stick to the Starbucks counter that is present in the lobby for a coffee and scone.

Check in was quick and easy. The lobby is done in a modern-ish, understated decor as are the rooms. Mine was the last room at the end of the hall but the downside to that was that I was closest to the street, a somewhat main street, so street noise filtered into the room. The room itself was nice, quite large in space, with a flat screen TV, king bed, and a separate desk with outlet strip to power all of your accessories. The bathroom however was incredibly small. You had to step aside against the tub in order to close the door. There was no shelf upon which to put your toiletry kit either. I found this strange since the room itself was probably 40% larger than most average hotel rooms of similar construction.

The bed was comfortable, the TV worked, internet access was included in my rate (a bonus in my book, I can't stand hotel properties that charge for internet access), the HVAC was fine (via a widow unit, not "central"), it was clean, and everything was in working order. Overall the property is well maintained and run and, apart from the high cost of my meals, I believe it to be perfectly fine for my business needs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Blue Spinnaker

Thanks forstaying with us. We appreciate your comments and I will share your comments with the management team and take them into consideration.

We lookforward to having your back with us soon.

Broadlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have stayed here several times during the holidays over the past few years. We keep coming back because it is a fabulous hotel! The rooms are very clean and a great size to accommodate a family of 5. Can not miss with the heavenly beds and pillows! The staff is always polite. We had an awesome breakfast in the restaurant and the staff was very attentive. We will definitely be back! Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!