“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Governor Morris over Easter. The lobby is beautiful and has a wonderful clean aroma when you walk in. It is spacious and very comforting. It's spotlessly clean as well. The staff was prompt and extremely courteous. The front desk was a breeze and he made a pleasant conversation. It was quite lovely to check in, which is something you usually can't say.
The room was gorgeous. Typically, I have a difficult time sleeping in a bed that isn't mine but I had the most restful sleep at the Governor Morris. Their beds are magnificent and their bedding is even better. The room was spotlessly clean and the tv worked flawlessly. The bathroom was very clean, with plenty of towels for all three of us.
The gym was also very clean and was easy to access. I enjoyed using the facility.
We very much enjoyed our stay, and will be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear dinosars,
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the positive comments on our rooms, lobby, staff and workout facilities. We really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Please let me know if I maybe of any further assistance.
Colin Ankersen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Canada, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We booked a 4 star hotel in Morristown on Hotwire for a long weekend stay. For only $48 a night, I felt that this Westin delivered an outstanding value.

We asked for a quiet room, and as SPG members, got onto the 6th floor, which is reserved for Starwood frequent sleepers. Each of the big hotel chains handles their loyalty program differently when it comes to blind third party bookings (e.g., Hotwire and Priceline). Starwood has the most accommodating policy - no points, but access to SPG floor(s) and loyalty program services. By contrast, the Hyatt in Jersey City wouldn't even look at my 'Gold Passport' card when checking in last summer. Hilton and Marriott fall somewhere in between.

Our room was as quiet and comfortable as any Westin I've stayed at. Since we were visiting family in the area, we didn't use the restaurant or other hotel services, but our room provided a great base camp during this visit.

I'd happily return to the Westin Governor Morris.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and everything it has to offer. We appreciate your SPG loyalty and will be glad to host you again in the near future. Please let me know if I maybe of any further assistance.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed at The Westin Governor Morris over a holiday weekend and it was simply lovely. My expectations were definitely exceeded by the warm, welcoming staff, the elegant ambiance, and the spacious rooms. There is a great dining room/bar if you wanted to get a nightcap and the beautiful landscaping made it enjoyable to take a walk outside. I've stayed in a lot of hotels in Morristown and this is the best one by far! Highly recommended on all accounts.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Stefinitely,
Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you loved our hotel, staff, rooms and restaurant and would recommend it to your friends. We would love to host you again in the near future. Please let me know if I may be of any further service.
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I recently had a one-night stay at the Westin Governor Morris on a short business trip. Upon learning our travel planners had booked me there, I looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor, and almost cancelled to be rebooked elsewhere. In the end, I didn't, and am I glad that I stayed at the Governor Morris. It was a great experience from start to finish, beginning with the welcome at the front desk to my check out the next day. My room was completely renovated, clean and modern; the bath room was small, but very functional and also recently renovated; the "HeavenlyBed" truly lived up to its name; the restaurant was very good; service throughout the hotel was top-notch; and I experienced none of the wireless access problems noted by some other reviewers on this site. I was very impressed and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again-- and I may have call to do so soon, for business reasons. Highly recommend this hotel to other travelers!

Room Tip: Junior suites have a nice sized separate sitting room, with desk, sofa and lounge chair. Baths ma...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear MisterTravelFella,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad you chose our hotel to stay in this area in spite of some unfortunate reviews from the past. We strive to provide top notch and friendly service to all our guests and make sure they leave completely satisfied and renewed. I am glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay- rooms, our heavenly bed and service. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers as well. Please let me know if I may be of any further service and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Colin Ankernsen.
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I gotta tell ya... This hotel is fantastic. If you are looking for a clean upscale hotel to stay at in Morristown.. This is the place to stay. The hotel is located just outside the heart of Morrristown. If you are looking to spend a night partying in Morristown this is not the place... however if you are on business. looking for a place to plan a wedding or a mature couple looking for a night away. I highly suggest staying here. I will tell you.. I was staying on the 5th floor and there weren't any noise issues at all. Actually the floor smelled like a delicious Steak... I don't know why... I notice the hallways to be extremey clean.. Front desk staff was extremely friendly.. and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TIDK143,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review us on Trip advisor. We are delighted to hear the positive comments on our hotel- rooms, staff and cleanliness. We strive to provide high quality service for our guests and an encouraging review like yours validate our efforts. Thank you again for your kind comments. Please let me know if I maybe of any further assistance. We hope to host you again in the near future.
Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of days mid April 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was so surprised to learn how nice an area Morristown really is - totally different from the numerous dark, rainy and cold memories I have had when getting on a plane back home from Newark. This is a hidden jewel - this is a place I want to get back to and bring my family as well.

The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood with lots of parking facilities and large and comfortable rooms. Although I did not take full advantage of the bar or the restaurant, the breakfast there was excellent.

Only downside I can think of is that the gym is really just a small room without windows and not as inviting as I would have thought. On the other hand, the friendly staff provided me with a laminated mini map and I had a great running experience on the bicycle path along the nearby railroad.

Totally recommendable!

Dear Torben B,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip advisor. It was a pleasure reading your review and we sincerely appreciate your positive comments on our rooms, parking space and friendly staff. We are working on updating and revamping our Westin Workout facility- our gym in the near future. Please let me know if I may be of any further service and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel soon.
Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We arrive at the hotel at midnight and we change 5 times of room... the rooms were noisy or a bathroom like in Manhattan....
We took a Deluxe Suite and for that price we had a bathroom for just one person and even thought.

I DON'T Recommend AT ALL this hotel. The front desk was not empathic... I was sick and they told me they don't have other room available...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
colinankersen, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Stefy G.
Thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor. Please accept my sincerest apologies that our accommodations esp. the bathroom size was not to your satisfaction. I understand our Front Office Manager did contact you and offer you option to an upgraded suite and you took that offer. I hope everything worked out well for you. I did follow through with her on this. Let me know if I may be of any further service. We hope you would give us another chance in the near future and visit us again.
Regards,
Colin Ankersen.

Been to The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown? Share your experiences!