“'Romance' in Morristown” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Morristown
Edison, New Jersey
“'Romance' in Morristown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just returned from an overnight stay at the Madison Hotel. We booked the 'Romance' package and were very happy with the additional amenities. The champagne arrived at our room chilled in an ice bucket and was accompanied by a long stem rose and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. Needless to say, this combination of goodies set the tone for a fabulous evening at the hotel.
We dined at Rod's which is accessible from the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed not only the meal but the superb service (thanks John P.!) and classic steak house ambience.
I would suggest scrolling through the photo gallery on the hotel's website. Each photo is an accurate representation of what you can expect to see and experience at the hotel. The Madison Hotel has its own personality which can be felt from the minute you step into the lobby.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
What a thrill to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again whenever you need to get away or need a place to stay in northern NJ. The Romance Package is really a great value with the chocolate covered strawberries, champagne and $70 towards dinner in either room service or Rod's Steak & Seafood Grille all included in the room rate. I will be sure to let John know you enjoyed the service he provided to you during dinner. He will appreciate the mention. Thanks again and hopefully we will see you again soon.

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed over Xmass holiday. Very well decorated. It was busy, but the staff was first class.
Haven't stayed here since my wedding 19 years ago. The hotel was spotless. Great stay, Good people. Very helpful. Breakfast was terrific. ( no charge)
Rooms were clean, smelled nice too. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was nice and clean
Big parking lot and the hotel is steps away from train into New York City (takes about 55 minutes)
Rate was fair. Value was there.. Its about 2 miles off highway so its very easy to access.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us (welcome back - 19 years is too long to be away) and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and we are glad you had a great stay and found the staff first class, helpful and good, the bed comfortable, the room and rest of the hotel spotless and the breakfast terrific. We hope you will stay with us again whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC and this time please do not wait another 19 years.

southern new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay at The Madison. Went for a wedding and the venue was perfect for the event. The Conservatory is a beautiful spot and the staff was outstanding. Room was great - very comfortable bed and love the shower head!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you found the hotel staff outstanding, the guestroom great with a very comfortable bed and that you loved the shower head. We hope that you will stay at the Madison Hotel whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ. Happy New Year.

Cosmopolis, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My family and I stayed at The Madison Hotel in November. I have stayed here four times and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly, the rooms comfortable and clean, the breakfast tasty and the hotel lobby is simply amazing. You can not go wrong by booking your reservation at THe Madison Hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us four times we all really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and hope you will continue to stay with us again and again. It was a pleasure reading that you found the staff friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, the breakfast tasty and the lobby amazing. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you return soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was referred to this Hotel based on my friends recommendation. It started shaky but ended up being a perfect weekend. We encountered a slight problem with the pool area being to cold. After visiting the front desk and explaining the situation I returned back to the pool expecting my complaint to fall on deaf ears. This was so not the case! within minutes the maintenance team sent over a technician to work on the problem. 5 minutes after that the GM Scott came over and offered his apology. He couldn't do enough for us. I have never received customer service like this in any hotel or restaurant I have ever been to. This general manager defines hospitality at its best. I am in the restaurant food service business myself and was truly impressed with the service and class of this establishment. He couldn't do enough for us, he saw in the reservation book that it was our anniversary so he went over and above in taking care of us. He was a true professional in every respect. Other resorts and hotels could learn from his customer service approach. Thank you Scott for your amazing treatment of my family. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. I cant forget to include the amazing restaurant Rod's steak house. Great food and flawless service led by the GM Jerry. Kudos to the entire staff at the Madison and Rod's. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Any room works. This is a small boutique hotel that is easily accessible.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Happy Anniversary!!! I cannot thank you enough for the kind words. Jerry and I really appreciate it. I am thrilled things worked out for you and we all look forward to having you as a guest again. Please feel free to either email or call me if I can help you with any future arrangements.

Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I cannot say enough about the quality of this hotel. I have stayed here several times and continue to be amazed at the high standards this hotel has maintained over the years. They have recently renovated the guest rooms and they have done an outstanding job. The decor is beautiful, the bed is very comfortable and the shower head in the bathroom is fabulous. Commuting into Manhattan is so convenient because the train station is directly across the parking lot from the hotel. The complimentary breakfast is amazing with a great variety of items to choose from. The staff is very friendly and they could not be more accommodating. If you have an opportunity to eat in one of the two restaurants you will have a great dining experience. I would highly recommend staying at this property. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room at this hotel. The suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for the kind words, we are thrilled to hear you found the décor in the rooms beautiful, bed comfortable, shower head fabulous, complimentary breakfast amazing and the staff friendly. We appreciate you highly recommending us and hope you will stay with us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ. As you said we are located adjacent to a train that quickly and at a reasonable cost delivers you into the heart of NYC. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I never heard of this hotel until the day I was arriving and I must say that this is one of the finest hotels I have ever been in (and I've been in many). The lobby itself is a beautiful romantic place with a fireplace. Actually, it has 2 of them. One in lobby and one outside in the back.

They really make you feel at home here with free complimentary breakfast for everyone and coffee, tea, hot water available 24/7. Aside from that, they also give cookies to you when you check in (I think Cookie Monster lurks here) however because I keep Kosher I couldn't have any. Suffice it to say, this is a service I have yet to see in other hotels even the well known ones.

The rooms are clean and nice. My room had some furniture in it (closets, draws) which I didn't expect and the AC/Heat worked a bit to well. The one caveat I have though is when I took a shower, the shower head fell off hitting me in the head. Not sure how that happened.

Also, the hotel had 2 weddings on the same day and yet they were still very accommodating to my needs which I appreciated I also liked the fact that when you get to the room, they have chocolate waiting for you on the pillows. (or Hershey's stuff in a basket if you get a suite)...

The outside of the hotel looks like it was designed during Colonial times which may explain the classy look but it is designed with that in mind while still keeping up with the times.

I would recommend this to anyone needing a quick place to stay. This hotel cares about you and really goes out of it's way to make you feel like you belong and aside from my one incident, I give kudos to a very well trained staff and management.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post comments about your stay on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your business and we hope you will stay us whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Scott McArthur

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!