“Outstanding hotel forBusiness or Leisure!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Morristown

You added Hyatt Morristown to your Saves list
Hyatt Morristown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Speedwell Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07960 (Formerly Headquarters Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Outstanding hotel forBusiness or Leisure!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is spectacular!!! The lobby is very impressive. The food is extremely delicious & the presentation is exquisite. The guest rooms are very large and beautiful.
Tom Blundell, the General Manager, actually greets guests personally! Elaine Neugebauer, the Executive Assistant, is a great Ambassader for the hotel.Elaine insures that everthing is perfect.
Karen,at the Front Desk, goes out of her way to assist each guest.Karen is very hard working! Nancie,in the Lounge, is a dynamic, sweet, very energetic, kind person.Peter is an elegant, professional, charming Server. He presented our extraorinary dinner. Brian is extremely interesting! We love speaking to him in the Lounge.Pierre & Bruce, at breakfast, work very hard to please each guest.Kristy Karas, at the Front Desk is lovely.We enjoyed every moment of our weekend!

Room Tip: Ask the FRont Desk staff. They will try to give you a wonderful room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I used the Hyatt hotel for my guests to stay at for my wedding. From start to finish, Joanna DeLauro made the experience stress free. She was beyond helpful with all my planning, as well as miscellaneous questions I had about the area. I would recommend to anyone and everyone. I can't say kinder words about Joanna's help with everything.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We got this hotel at an amazing rate on travelocity.ca for a remarkable 107.00 a night. But i must say by the end of the stay the price made no difference because the incidentals ran up what we actually spent. They rooms do not have microwaves and in order to get one you have to pay $15 (includes your entire stay) and $11.99 a day for internet. Also i found is very disappointing that you have to pay $1.00 per local call! Also you have no way to know if the number you're calling is local or not (just because it has the same area code it doesn't mean its local). When we checked out our incidental bill was over $100. BUT the front desk saw that I was about to pass out and we very understanding that we didn't know or understand and brought our bill all the way down to $28!!!! EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I also had a serious issue with my room service (had a dietary requirement that was not followed) and when i reported it to the front desk manager (after the order taker was very rude) she apologized, insured me that she was going to personal go to the kitchen and insure it was taken care of and she comp'd my bill. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THE MANAGEMENT LEVEL. The room was nice, but i feel like the bed takes up much of the room, so if more than 2 people are staying try to get a huge room. The spa and gym is modern and not crowded at all. The parking is awesome because you dont have to go outside to get to you car. Also parking is free with your stay! because you have to rent the microwave and pay for internet and local calling, i dont think i would stay there again unless i got a really, really low rate. I just don't believe that you should pay for those things... in 2012...almost 2013 i feel such amenities should be standard.

Room Tip: Higher floor have better views. if you are having more than 2 people stay inthe room get a bigger ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I booked "the last room in New Jersey" after hurricane Sandy at the Hyatt for a business meeting in NJ. My room cost over $300. The hotel is nice, the room was stylish, and the staff was friendly. It was not $300+ nice. It was also hard to find off I-287. The parking garage is hard to find a spot in so I had to pay the attendent to park my car. Of course the internet was not free. If you get a good rate then stay there, but look for a better value.

• Stayed November 2012
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Morristown, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you did not find the value for your stay in line with your experience. We strive to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and believe that our facilities and services create a tremendous value. Our covered 3,000 space parking garage has 5 levels and 7 elevators available for our guests' convenience. We have 8 food and beverage options available to our guest within the Headquarters Plaza complex and over 35 options within walking distance should you choose to venture out. We have a Clearview Cinema's multiplex available in our complex along with a 40,000 sq ft fitness facility that our guests may enjoy complimentary. We hope that a return visit will allow you an opportunity to experience some more of these options and if I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to reach out.
Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Morristown, NJ Nov. 8 - 11th, 2012. This was an wonderful hotel. I loved the front lobby as it was a peaceful setting. The room 1103 was extremely nice with a really comfortable bed and nice layout. I have to agree with another reviewer there needs to be another chair in the room so that more than one person can sit and watch the TV instead of having to sit on the bed. The pool and fitness centre were great. I was upset that the business centre charges for internet access and was closed on the weekend. I think as a courtesy to hotel guests they should have free internet access 24/7. It's nice to get to your destination and be able to tell your family that you've arrived safely especially when traveling just after Hurricane Sandy. I do also have say that the walls are rather thin between rooms and some of the other guests were not as quiet as they should be. Banging doors and loud voices at 3:00 a.m. were not appreciated but were dealt with quickly by hotel security.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your kind comments and suggestions for how to enhance our guest's future experiences. It was a pleasure to be able to host your visit to Morristown and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a large Hyatt hotel in the centre of Morristown. The rooms are large, clean and well maintained. I found it however rather strange that there is only one (desk) chair in a 2 bed room so if you remain in your room you almost have to sit on the bed… The other odd thing about this hotel is that there are no bedside lights at all. The only option is a huge and very bright light that really wakes you up when you want to check the time or have a drink of water. Especially for overseas travellers with a jet lag this is rather inconvenient. It always surprises me that these very basic things are not better thought through by the hotel management. Apart from that, the hotel has all convenience with a fitness place, a little Starbucks coffee shop in the lobby and complementary parking facilities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Morristown, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for providing us your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay and will certainly look at incorporating your concerns with the design of the room in our future upgrades. This feedback is of great importance and helps us in developing a better guest room experience for the future. Thank you for allowing us to host your visit and if I may ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We headed here for a wedding! It happen to be the week of Sandy so we were 4 days with out power. We wanted to go early but knew we would be waiting around if we did until I got a wonderful email stating we can check in at 9am...Wonderful words to us!! From when we pull in to the front desk were super nice! Our room the same as the pictures. Nice room no dirt anywhere. Hungry we want to order room service and chill but the girl on the phone was rude about 1 hour wait and hung up on us. So we went to the dinning area. Nasty glass and dishes and crumbs all over. Wait staff was not friendly. After the wedding our friends went out, walked to bars(Huge plus) we came back to the hotel lobby/ bar area everyone was wonderful!
Our stay overall 4 stars! It would have been 5 stars if the dinning area was clean and pleasant. When we check out we told them about what happen at the dinning area and the took $12 off our bill! Awesome at that time anything help! Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed November 2012
It is terribly disappointing to hear that your experience in our dining room soured what otherwise sounds like an outstanding stay here at the Hyatt Morristown at Headquarters Plaza. We strive to exceed our guests expectations in every aspect of a visit and I apologize that we failed to do so. I assure you that we will redouble our efforts in our restaurant to eliminate any possibility of a recurrence of your encounter. Your experience is highly unusual and the positive encounters you had throughout the rest of the hotel are the standard we strive for on a daily basis. I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back soon so that we may provide you a flawless visit from start to finish. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Been to Hyatt Morristown? Share your experiences!