“wedding room block” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Morristown

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Morristown to your Saves list
Hyatt Morristown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Speedwell Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07960 (Formerly Headquarters Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Morristown
Hoboken, New Jersey
“wedding room block”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I hosted my wedding guests at the Hyatt Morristown in mid august. We chose this hotel over others that were closer to our venue because of it's price (most affordable room block for our friends and fmily) and ideal location on the main street in downtown Morristown. There is also a large open bar in the lobby, which our guests gravitated to. It was the perfect meeting place for everyone before and after all of our wedding events. Our wedding coordinator from the hyatt, Joanna, was beyond amazing. She was like a hired staff to keep us sane! Joanna helped with every single detail, including helping us make a hyatt website for our guests to make online reservations and giving us printing us accommodations cards (free of charge) to include in our invitations. Joanna made sure she knew every detail of our wedding so she could assist guests who had questions when checking in, and she was quick to respond to every question i had (including printing me a fitness schedule for pre-wedding bridal party yoga - which, by the way, is free of charge) We had champagne and cheese/crackers in our room upon arrival - which was just the icing on the cake. Thank you, Hyatt Morristown and Joanna, for an amazing experience at your hotel! We will be back :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Morristown, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
We are excited to hear such great feedback from your very specal event here at the Hyatt Morristown. I will certainly share your comments with Joanna and our entire team. We realize what a special moment in your life a wedding is and that is why we have dedicated staff like Joanna available to work with you on every detail. Joanna is a fine example of our team here and I appreciate you providing me with the opportunity to recognize her for her outstanding efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back for the many special moments to come and hope that you will allow us the priviledge of creating even more fine memories for the future! Congratulations and all the best from our entire team here at the Hyatt Morristown.

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Amazing staff. Doormen were great. Front-end staff were great. Location is great. Both inside and outside were very clean. Housekeeping staff were very attentive and friendly. I would definately return.

Room Tip: 15th floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Morristown, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hyatt Morristown very soon. We appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay with us and if there is anything we may do to make your next visit even more successful please do not hesitate to reach out to any member of our team.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt during a recent convention. The lobby was nice and contemporary. The rooms were also modern contemporary and spacious. It was a great room (1209) with nice views and a desk for working on my laptop.

Hotel staff was helpful and friendly. There is a little hidden General store, as well as 10 screen movie theater and gym. I used the gym 2 times while I was there. It isn't your typical "hotel gym". It is a Full size gym that people in town pay a membership to belong to called "The Club". Very nice gym (free for hotel guests) newer equipment.

Definitely would recommend staying here. The small town fell of Morristown is good too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. We agree that our central location is perfect for enjoying all the great attractions that Morristown has to offer. Park your car in our covered parking garage and you will have no need for it the remainder of your stay. We will certainly share your kind comments regarding our partner The Club at Morristown. It is an amazing facility that we are so proud to offer our guests complimentary.

We appreciate having had the opportunity to host you and all the attendees of your event. We hope to welcome you back to Morristown very soon and until then if I may be of assistance in any way please do not hesitate to reach out.
Garden City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here as part of a wedding party. Really nice....especially for the price (low 100s). Definitely try to stay on an upper floor...the views are fantastic....the town is under you....followed by trees in a few blocks...then the hills. Also, its right in the middle of town with fun restaurants and bars across the street. The lobby bar/restaurant was nice too, except the servers seemed a little too overwhelmed even though the crowd was not that big. The hotel is also attached to a small urban mall with a movie theater. I had never really been in this area of NJ before....very nice, super green still in the very early fall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Morristown, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to post your experience here on TripAdvisor. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all that Morristown has to offer. We hope you will return as the seasons change as the color explosion is particularly beautiful from our View rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This was my first trip to New Jersey. The trip from the airport wasn't too bad. My co-workers and I arrived at the hotel around 9pm and we were promptly greeted by the front desk staff. Our check in process went smoothly and with ease. My room was spacious and well maintained. The room was crisp and clean. The bed was very comfortable. I typically do not sleep well away from home but I was able to get a good night's sleep all four nights of my stay. Very important as I had meetings everyday, all day. We had a catered dinner one evening and the chef and his team prepared an amazing meal. The banquet staff provided exceptional service.

During my stay, I had dinner in the bar area with two of my co-workers. Mr. Blahle, our bartender was very entertaining. He provided us with some history of the area, with some local must see, must do's as well as the best way to get into the city. He was great and his food and beverage recommendations were perfect.

Overall I had a fabulous stay and even did a little shopping at the discount department store, Century 21 which was within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again and would also recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012
It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Hyatt Morristown. We greatly appreciated the opportunity to host you and your colleagues for your event. We are excited to hear that you really enjoyed the comfort of our Grand Bed and that you were able to get the rest that you needed to make your conference a success! I will be certain to share your comments with our culinary team and Pete so they understand what a positive impact they were able to make for your visit. We understand there are many hotels to choose from in the Morristown area and we thank you for choosing the Hyatt Morristown. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The HYATT MORRISTOWN hotel is likely to be overlooked by Manhattan-bound travelers destined for Big Apple excitement. A natural oversight, but an excusable mistake nonetheless. The Hyatt Morristown is situated in Morris County in northern New Jersey and provides easy access to New York City by road, rail and bus. When viewed as an overnight way station on the way to NYC, the choice would be quite logical. And, as a base of operations for trips into Manhattan, it also makes good sense.

However, the Hyatt Morristown provides easy access to a plethora of historic, cultural and recreational attractions and fine dining located in Morris County. There is in fact a scaled-down cosmopolitan ambience when staying in Morristown at the Hyatt.

The facility is newly renovated according to the literature, boasts ample meeting space under approximately 31,000 square feet. Video conferencing capabilities and in house audio-visual services are par for the course. But if you’re a regular traveler and not intentionally there for business meeting purposes, the hotel is still a great find.

There is ample underground parking with easy access to the hotel proper. Parking tickets are validated at the front desk thus making extended stays for your vehicle free. Validate your tickets on all your comings and goings. Still free. Compare that to parking in NYC and the conclusion is obvious.

The room I stayed in was nicely sized, attractively furnished with touches of contemporary décor. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was modern, clean and very functional. All the amenities that guests come to expect in a larger hotel were provided in the room.

The function dinner buffet I attended was held in the Concord Room and professionally and attentively overseen by banquet staff. The buffet menu was fairly basic but attractively presented. The food fare for the occasion was quite good.

Samplings of the breakfast buffet in the downstairs restaurant on two successive mornings rounded out my culinary experience at the Hyatt Morristown. The buffet provided a generous bounty of hot and cold selections as well as an omelette station. Wait staff was extremely attentive to diners and to the appearance of the dining area. The lifespan of any wayward food dropping under a table or on the floor was brief! Gone in a nanosecond. That attention to aesthetics and cleanliness made the dining experience most enjoyable.

On Sunday morning, there appeared to be a very active and boisterous Kid Care on the lower level. Staff and parents attended to the play of what appeared to be a sizeable number of youngsters. A nice touch for parents perhaps seeking a few free moments of respite from their rambunctious offspring.

Travelers should not be in a pall-mall rush to get into Manhattan. Consider staying at the Hyatt Morristown to sample an alternative universe and a nice slice of the Big Apple located in Morris County itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We are so appreciative of your kind review of your stay with us here at the Hyatt Morristown. It is a pleasure to hear how you enjoyed the many amenities the hotel and the town of Morristown have to offer. We hope that the TripAdvisor readers will take your advice and join us to enjoy all that this beautiful destination has to offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may ever be of assistance.
Allendale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Unfortunately I was only here for one night, but look forward to coming back soon. The front desk staff was friendly, nice, and very accommodating. The rooms were SUPER clean, spacious, and very modern. I had no problem with the walls, and didn't hear anybody which is good lol. Keep up the great work guys! :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MorristownHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Morristown, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
We greatly appreciate you sharing such positive comments here on TripAdvisor! We too are disappointed you were only with us for one evening. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and if I may ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Been to Hyatt Morristown? Share your experiences!