“Worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

(973) 998-8333
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 129 restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cattano Ave
Wayne, New Jersey
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A group of us tried Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table on a Sunday night. As you enter, it's hard not to smile at the clever name and the simple, tasteful retro decor. The menu offers a number of interesting options--many of which have Italian or Portuguese influences. Our very capable and personable server, Vicky, also advised us of some specials and was happy to offer her opinion on personal favorites. Appetizers included Lucy's meatballs, the short rib ravioli and the calamari--the latter being the table favorite. The short rib ravioli are fried and were simply ok; that said, the mushrooms and leeks that they were served with were excellent. I wish you could order them as an appetizer. The entrees were all excellent with the short ribs being the star. The pork chop was also excellent as were two chicken dishes-a stuffed breast on the menu and the other a special, braised chicken over a "stew" of vegetables and white beans. All in all, good food in a nice setting, wtih, in our case, great service. BYOB. Given the interesting menu, we'll definitely be back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Sparta, New Jersey
“Nice evening with friends!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Our 5:45 reservation on a Saturday evening was a good choice for a delicious dinner at Olive Lucy Kitchen Table. Our wine was quickly chilled shortly after we were seated, while the wait staff wasted no time in providing warm rolls and tap water on the table. We ordered the calamari and shrimp as appetizers, which we shared among the four of us. Each were tasty and provided enough for all of us. Two of us enjoyed the pork chops, which was served over a sweet potato purée and fresh vegetables. My husband enjoyed the short ribs while our friend's wife was pleased with her chicken selection. We opted to skip dessert. While the decor of this restaurant is pleasing to the eye, the acoustics need to be revisited. We were happy to have had an early setting where we could enjoy each other's conversation. As we were leaving, it was obvious that the noise level increased with increase of patrons. We will put it on our return list.

Visited November 2013
sw
“Great decor, tasty food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

For a change to the typical American food, head to Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table. The menu is of good size with a variety of options to suit every taste. Its nicely decorated with great music and the staff are all very friendly.

Visited October 2013
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Won't be back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My friend and I were walking by the restaurant and were completely drawn in by the charmingly decorated and clever name.
We were seated by the window and given menus right away. There was a party of about 6 business men in the back corner and a party of two women about 4 tables over from us. So, the place was not crowded.
We waited a very long time for the waiter to come take our order. I had the crab cake BLT sandwich and she had a chicken salad.
I ordered an ice tea and she ordered a ginger ale. The waiter brought me a Diet Pepsi, instead. He did offer to exchange it for the tea, but I was afraid it would take too long.
After a long wait, our food arrived. My crab cake was small, but actually very tasty. Lots of crab meat. But the bun was HUGE. Way to much bread for this size sandwich. The advertised "avocado mousse" was smeared onto the bun to make the bread very soggy and unappetizing. I discarded the bread and just ate the crab cake. The bacon was rubbery and cold. It did not seem freshly fried and crisp. My fries were cold.
My friends salad was not impressive. The sliced chicken breast seemed like it was boiled then quickly grilled. Not good.
I was never offered a refill of my drink until I was done with my meal. The restaurant was never busy.
When our bill came, my friends total was $15.52. She paid $20 cash. The waiter brought her money back but shorted her the .48. I guess he assumed she would leave that as a tip, anyway. Very unclassy.
I will not eat at this restaurant again. The pleasant decorations and ambiance are nice, but good service and high quality food is where it matters.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chatham, New Jersey, USA
“Poor acoustics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Food and service were okay. Nothing special but not bad either. Big complaint is the poor acoustics making it difficult to have a conversation. Disappointing since the decor is quite nice, so they just needed to pay more attention to the sound.

• Visited September 2013