“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

(973) 998-8333
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 132 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cattano Ave
NJ, USA
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Two colleagues raved about this place, so decided to check it out. It did not disappoint. Easily got a reservation on Open Table and it was ready when we arrived. All staff was friendly and welcoming and the place has a very NYC lounge, high-energy vibe. BYOB

Our server, Juan, was a delight. Warm, funny and happy to share his recommendations when we asked. He was attentive and provided excellent service.

We had the Muscles Portuguese Style in a salsa verde with a kick. The muscles were tender and melted in your mouth. For entree had the Stuffed Polo Francesco, which was amazing. Portion seemed small but was stuffed with very rich ingredients that were filling--savory and sweet flavors. Suggest a potato or bean side instead of just julienned vegetables that were pretty, but sparse. The chicken was cooked perfectly and quite delicious. Topped off with the meal with warm, chocolate lava cake which was fabulous.

I saw some reviewers said that the water was not refilled. I found the opposite. The guy was constantly refilling our glasses.

I really enjoyed it here and plan to return.

Didn't give it 5 stars because there is no liquor license and the ladies' room only has one stall despite having room for 2. Check it out!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Morristown, New Jersey
“Excellent service & ambiance, food didn't hit the mark for me.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went last night for a friends birthday, we were a group of 20, service was excellent, shout out to our waiter Gabriel. Ambiance was lovely, its a beautiful restaurant. The hosts pre-ordered apps so we had lobster mac & cheese which was a little watery, calamari a bit bland and spicy mussels that were way to spicy, meatball app was good. I had stuffed long pepper which was great. We didn't order desert so I can't comment as to that.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Nice decor...food not so much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

When I heard this restaurant was an Italian and Portuguese infusion I was immedialtly excited. Both cuisines are known for their bold favors. However, the dishes we ordered were bland. I chose the black ink pasta with chorizo, clams and fennel. I couldn't taste the chorizo or the fennel. One of my sisters ordered the chicken dish same thing bland and a bit dry. My other sister ordered the braised short ribs. We expected fall off the bone yumminess and instead we experienced slightly tough and yes once again bland, bland and bland. Our first visit will be our last.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Get the short rib ravioli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Been there twice recently. Short rib ravioli is a must. Also like the shrimp sliders and the mussel appetizer. If you get the meatball appetizer don't order dinner - it's enough even for a teenager. Not wild about the lobster mac; my friend picked out the lobster, and the rest looked like something I'd make at home (not why I go out). Service is pretty good and the ambiance is nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Whippany, NJ
“Third time not a charm...wont' be back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Last night was my third night at this restaurant and probably my last. The first time we went, I loved the decor (although the acoustics in the restaurant are not good and it is very loud) and the food was good. I was a little turned off by the fact that the manager was drinking a glass of wine and socializing with guests. Not sure how good a job he was doing of actually managing the place with a glass of wine in his hand! And this is only a few weeks after the restaurant opened.

Last night, my husband and I were there with another couple and we ordered 3 appetizers to share. It took a really long time for them to come out and the waitress apologized for the wait. We didn't mind since we were chatting a lot, but when the appetizers did finally come out, they were luke warm. Mac and cheese and tamales were good...meatballs in my opinion were hard and did not taste good. Most likely, the waitress forgot to put our order in, or had left them sitting waiting to be brought to our table. Three of us ordered the "scallops fra diavalo" for entree. The waitress warned us that the scallops weren't really spicy as the name would indicate, and she was right. I think it's time for them to change the name of the entree on their menus as it is definitely not an accurate description! The risotto was OK albeit a little too creamy, but the scallops were nothing compared to what I had over the weekend at Grato in Morris Plains. All 3 times we have been to Olive & Lucy's, they don't give you glasses of water. What restaurant doesn't automatically bring you water or at least ask if you want one? Last night we asked for water which they brought, but never refilled them even after the server asked if we needed anything else and we said "more water please!" Our glasses were never refilled after 45 minute of being empty, so we finished up our wine and left thirsty.

Overall, it's a beautiful place and the menu is a welcome change from the standard Italian fare that you find all over Morristown, but the food quality and service doesn't justify the prices in my opinion. We won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food