“Great meal!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Montville, New Jersey
“Great meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went to this restaurant Monday (Labor Day) and right off the bat I was impressed with the service. Very professional and polite. Like the waiter actually enjoyed his job. You don't see that very much these days. I started with Lobster Bisque. I wasn't impressed. Tasted just like Clam Chowder. Should have had the French onion soup which everyone else raved about. I then got my Main course which was 24 Oz Prime rib Rare, Like I like it. It was amazing!! Cooked perfect with Right amount of seasoning. Just Fabulous. I will not Lie, it was a pretty pricey restaurant, so don't get shocked when you open the menu. Everyone else had the 10 and 12 Oz Fillet which was also cooked perfect. Wait staff was perfect. Every time my ice in my water glass or Diet Coke hit the bottom, it was refilled immediately! The atmosphere was very nice. Beautiful woodwork throughout. And very clean. I would go back again for sure.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Clubby Atomosphere and Good Steaks and Salads - An almost perfect lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The atmosphere is that of an upscale club's grill room. The prices are high as steak house prices are wont to be. The service is professional and knowing. The steaks are delicious and satisfying but not of the caliber of a Peter Luger's or Pine Room. The salads are thoughtfully prepared and tasty. So, why isn't this the perfect place for lunch in New Jersey's most charming of county seats? I don't know. Something, though, was definitely missing. Maybe its was the size of the space which seems to lend the dining experience an impersonal air. Maybe it was me. Putting that aside, it is hard to go wrong lunching or (dining) here. Go an enjoy.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Excellent if you like steaks!! Service was perfect, my only couple of small criticisms is that it gets very busy in the evenings, even mid-week, and it was a little dark - great if you're there for a romantic siore I guess (which I wasn't)

Visited August 2012
West New York, New Jersey
“Awful. Bad service rude condescending not what they think they are.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I went in with my fiance as he surprised me for my birthday. I was dressed but as we went early he didnt expect to need a polo. Minute i walked in the hostess talked down to me when i asked for a table she continued to talk down to me stating they had a dress code so my fiance wasnt allowed and checked three times before she sat us. We sat down and waited over 10 minutes with not one person coming to greet us. For such a "high end" place with dress code i expected five star five diamond service. Though the hostess stand didnt meet any service standardsand required figured the staff would be better especiallyy for a place thats so dress code driven. Nope i was wrong. So we got up and left and the hostess offered us a dull condescending andnot sarcastic apology stating everyone was in a meeting and talked down to me again with no genuine apology. Stating i couldnt afford the restaurant. Now for me i eat at all the top restaurants in nyc who arent nearly as condecending in tone or attitude even when informing guests about dress code and aware that how a person is dressed doesnt dictate their wealth. I was wearing a $2000 necklace and carrying a $4000 purse that most people who see that type of money would of picked up on but the hostess assumed we couldnt afford it and purposely left us hanging and talked down to us. Left negative taste in my mouth and will never go back or recommend to anyone. Food only talks so much and i can always find another place with great food. Its service that distinguishes restaurant. The hostess they lost a big check that night as we were planning on a long dinner with bottles of wine. Dont go not worth the aaggravation. Below poor service with bad hostess stand. Just because you have a dress code doesnt make you five star five diamond restaurant. Its your service and ability to put out perfect dish after dish. Providing chain restaurant applebees service in what you want to be a high end restaurant doesnt work and doesnt make a restaurant comporable. If service is this bad food cant be that great.

Want a good place take the time and go to the city where at least service will be decent.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong
“Great steaks and good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I visited this restaurant with the wife as we were staying with some friends who lived in nearby Convent Station. As we live in HK, its difficult to get good fresh steaks so we were looking forward to having a traditional US steak meal.
I must admit the service was good and the waiter did not mind spending time detailing every steak on the menu and how it was cut and cooked. A rather nice novelty, is that they dont serve bread......they serve very large hot "Yorkshire Puddings" (if you are a Brit) and a "popover" (if you are USA). These were yummy and a pleasant surprise for the wife who has never had this before.
The steaks were enormous and you do need to order a side dish. Desserts were equally large but very enjoyable.
Prices are a bit on the high side (wines are reasonable) however, it was a great steak dining experience.

• Visited July 2012