“Good service, quaint place, average food” 3 of 5 stars

973-889-8884
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marjan Persian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 132 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Persian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Transit: 5 minutes from train station. Bus stop across the street by the Hyatt Hotel on Speedwell Ave.
Walnut Creek, California
“Good service, quaint place, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had occasion to be in Morristown for three nights and consulted TA for places for dinner. The No. 1-ranked restaurant turned out to be across the street from my hotel, and since I love Persian food I had to give it a try. Just a handful of other diners -- okay, it;s the week before Christmas and people may not be dining out much. Helpful service from a lovely older woman, aided by a lovely younger woman. I asked her to identify the house's best dish; reluctantly (claiming all dishes are excellent) she steered me toward the Cornish hen. It was dry and overcooked and not really bursting with the flavor I expected -- an average dish I would like to thing I could have done better myself, I really enjoyed the people, but the food was just fine.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“RICE ?? NO THANKS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

$ 16.00 rice and they use minute maid or something similar. Nothing special. Someone can make better food at home without knowledge of Persian cuisine. Yogurt, a little cucumber, chopped mint and voila'. Stirred fried eggplants minute maid rice, little yogurt??? Where is the creativity? Expensive for this type of quality. Mall food at 4 star restaurant prices.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Enjoyed our meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

What a find. We were looking for a "new" restaurant in the area--and we were quite pleased with Marjan! The chicken kabobs, saffron rice, hummus, lamb chops etc., were terrific. Service efficient & friendly. Quite a pleasant experience. We will be back and bring more friends.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morristown, NJ
“Movie and Dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Following TA reviews (thank you reviewers) we (5 of us) decided to take in a movie at HQ 10 across the street and then have dinner at Marjan. First, we agree with the positive reviews already here, but diners need to know that if you park in the HQ garage, see a show, and get your parking ticket validated you will wind up with free, convenient and safe parking for dinner as well, or at least we did.

One thing to add - take advantage of the appetizer combo options. Very colorful and tasty and almost a meal in themselves.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morristown, New Jersey
“Great Food/Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have been to Marjan on a couple of occasions and the only issue I have with the place is the parking. The food is excellent and the service phenomenal. Marjan has become our new "go to" restaurant in a town of nearly 100 restaurants! Thanks Guys!

• Visited September 2012