“A delicious change of pace” 4 of 5 stars

973-889-8884
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marjan Persian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 132 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Persian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cattano Avenue
Transit: 5 minutes from train station. Bus stop across the street by the Hyatt Hotel on Speedwell Ave.
Hanover Township, New Jersey
“A delicious change of pace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Six of us ate at Marjan on a Tuesday night, all newbies to Persian food. It is a small, charming restaurant. Parking was a bit of a challenge, but we all managed to find spots on side streets (there is a public parking lot a short walk away that may be your best bet). The waitress was attentive but not bothersome. We started with an appetizer combo that let us pick three different types of appetizers that we all shared. This is definitely the way to go - we were given 3 huge portions of flat bread to dip into the generous portions of appetizers. We went with hummus (yummy), an eggplant dish (also yummy), and some rolled appetizer that was not really anyone's favorite. Five out of the 6 of us ordered kabobs. I ordered a filet mignon kabob and then split it with one of my friends who had ordered the lamb kabob. The filet was solidly good - very thinly sliced, but tender. The lamb was AMAZING - so tender and the spices on it were wonderful. I also tasted the chicken (good, a little dry) and a ground meat (also tasty). One of our group was a vegetarian and she ordered a rice dish that included things like lentils and raisins - also very good. And her portion (for just about 10.00) was HUGE. That would make a great side dish to share for a big group. The single kabob dishes were served with a large serving of rice and were satisfying. But if you are a bigger eater, I would definitely go for one of the combos that offer two kabobs, that is a lot more food. Just make sure that someone gets the lamb - it is so so good!! I would definitely comeback again - and it is right across the street from the movies, so it would be a great place to go before or after a flick!!

Visited August 2012

New Jersey
“Loved it, again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Again, we returned to Marjan and loved it. It took a little convincing, but I got my dad and brothers to join us. Armed with a bottle of wine (who doesn't love BYO?), we started with the sample appetizers and again, we loved them all. The new choice for us was the potatoe one, and that was a good choice as well. Next, three people ordered the lamb kabob- they RAVED about. Meat eaters- take note- the meat falls off the bone, and it is a lot of meat. All I could see was their bones at the end. My choice was the shrimp kabob- it was a great choice- big shrimp in a lemony-like sauce- different, but I really enjoyed it. I will say, though, I think I still like the pomegranate chicken entree the best. We also had the Turkish espresso- it is really sweet and I loved it, but you gotta like the sweetness. This place is great-the service & food- so don't hesitate to try it out.

• Visited July 2012
Morristown, NJ
“Something different and delicious; exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I tried Marjan for dinner on the strength of the recommendations here, and we will definitely be returning. While Persian food is similar to other cuisines we'd tried before, it was different enough to feel exotic and adventurous, with flavor combinations that were new to us. We started with an appetizer of yogurt flavored with mint (refreshing!) and the stuffed grape leaves (served warm, with a sour, citrusy sauce I would gladly have eaten with a spoon). My lamb kebab was well seasoned and cooked perfectly. My husband's entree was perhaps the highlight of the meal, and his experience ordering reflects the excellent service at this restaurant. When he ordered a stew with sweet-and-sour pomegranate sauce, the very helpful waitress asked if he'd had it before. When he said he hadn't, she told him it had an unusual flavor and offered him a taste. Minutes later, a she brought him a beautiful tasting plate; we both loved it and he ordered the dish (which is truly one of the most wonderful stews I've ever eaten). This marvelous bit of service makes Marjan stand out and has earned our loyalty - we will return, and we will bring family and friends.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morristown, New Jersey
“Can't Wait to Return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was looking for a new restaurant to try in Morristown so of course I checked on TA. I checked and at the time, the #1 restaurant in Morristown was Marjan. I was curious to see what this restaurant had to offer so we grabbed a nice bottle of wine out of the wine fridge, and walked into town to Marjan. Well, we were not disappointed. My Fiancé and I started off with the Sharazi salad which is diced cucumber, tomatoes, and onions and it was very refreshing and delicious. A must have is the Hummus Appetizer. It comes with a warm, huge toasted pita. De-Lis-IOUS! For our entrees we got the Chicken Sultani..it's a combination of one skewer of ground sirloin/lamb combination and the other skewer is chicken. I got this dish with the Basmati Rice. I loved it! My Fiancé got the Maheeche Polo which is the braised lamb chop. This dish was full of flavors and just melted in your mouth. Also we got the grilled tomatoes as a side and is the best $1.99 you will spend. I am looking forward to going back next week to try something else out on their menu:)

• Visited August 2012
Morristown, New Jersey
“Back again, will return soon...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had dinner at Marjan Saturday night. This was our fourth time to this establishment and will return again in the future. My GF and I shared the Kashk-e-Bademjan, I had the Kabob-e-Bakhtiyary and the filet mignon and chicken were cooked to perfection. My GF had the Maheeche polo she thought it was a little bland, I thought it tasted good. Finished the night with some Turkish coffee, too full for anything else. Previous time we shared some Baklava which was good. This is a BYOB, liqour store two doors down. We would return and plan on doing so soon.

• Visited July 2012