“Ok food poor service” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
New Jersey
“Ok food poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Food good service was poor slow and details for the cost were missed. Appetizers were great but napkins and forks are essential s all were missed

Morristown, New Jersey
“Favorite Date Night Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I eat at Aikou frequently. We generally sit in our corner at the Sushi bar and are graciously greeted by name each time we visit by the friendly staff, especially Andy, our favorite. We get great service and consistently good sushi rolls. The menu items are a bit pricey so we ususally stick to sushi, however we've brought our teens there for good dinners as well. It's a fun atmosphere and I highly recommend. Also, don't miss Taro for dessert after!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Morristown, New Jersey
“Inedible Takeout; appalling service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife ordered takeout for me "Yakisoba noodles with chicken". The woman who took the order was incomprehensible and ended up sending Soba soup as well as Lo Mein noodles with chicken. Both were inedible even worse than those 50 cent packets of Ramen noodles you make with hot water. I called the place and the woman who took the order told me they WERE soba noodles (they were neigther soba noodles not were they sauteed with yakisoba sauce) and send both dishes (at our expense) because she couldn't understand my wife. She said she would "look in the kitchen" and find soba noodles and redeliver the order. After an hour, when - SURPRISE! - there was no redelivery, I called and got another guy working the phone. He gave me the same spiel as the other woman and promised to send a replacement order of Pad Thai instead. That never showed up either. I had to call the credit card company and file a chargeback. If you want Sushi in Morristown, try Sushi Lounge; Chinese, Cottage II; Thai, Malay. Avoid this jack of all cuisines and master of none at all costs.

Visited March 2014
“Great Asian Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I go to Aikou at least once a week for sit down dining and take out. The food is excellent and always well presented. The monster roll, dynamite and sweetheart rolls are especailly good and the avocado salad is amazing. Pad Thai is delicious and a huge portion - enough for lunch the next day. Some have noted that the staff is unfriendly, but I disagree. All the staff are Asian, and they tend to be abit more formal. Because we dine there often, they are so friendly with us, and even gave us a lovely bottle of sake at Christmas. Our experience is you get as good as you give in a restaurant environment. If you are polite and not demanding, your service will generally be good. The atmosphere is very nice, although the chairs are a little stiff. The only criticism I would have, is they tend to rush you between courses. This is not a leisurely dining out. The fact that it is BYOB makes it a nice meal out at a reasonable price. They offer large wine glasses and will chill white wine at your table. Definitely worth a try if you like fusion Asian food

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
warren, nj
“Food was delicious;unfriendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had been to a different location of Aikou many many times and it had become a favorite- part of the charm was the friendly, smiling staff. We dined at the Morristown location a few days ago. We were greeted by an unsmiling hostess; we had an unfriendly waiter. Having said that, it's a very nicely decorated restaurant and we really enjoyed our food. We'll return, but with the expectation that we will not be welcomed the way we would like and the service will just be acceptable, nothing special.