“Nice Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
George and Martha's American Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 129 restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: George & Martha's - American Grille
South Orange, New Jersey
“Nice Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We decided on George and Martha before a NJ Shakespeare show and had a good dinner and a very pleasant experience. I started with the lobster spring rolls with kimchee and while there was a good amount of lobster, the kimchee overwhelmed the delicate flavor somewhat. They were OK but not great. My daughter had the mango crab tower which was delicious and my husband had the crab cake app which was also great. I had the tuna with 3 sauces and it was good, cooked rare and served with 3 japanese style dipping sauces and rice. I liked it but wasn't blown away by it. My daughters chicken under a brick was awesome and it came with potato blue cheese au gratin which was spectacular. The golden bass was clearly the winner. so well cooked with the caper lemon butter and the spinach and fantastic crispy potato on the side. Drinks were good if a bit pricey. All in all, a great meal!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Needham, MA
“Better than a highway lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped while driving through and met some family for a lunch on a Friday around noon. I had a chicken roll up with guacamole which was tasty with a side of waffle fries that were well seasoned. My daughter ate a club sandwich which was eagerly anticipated but was a little disappointing. The bacon was not cooked well enough. The menu was varied to please. Better than a rest stop and only a few minutes off the pike.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Not the office”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We came to Morristown for the 4th of July activities. We wanted to stop at tbe Office for a beer and pretzel appetizer. The office was closed for rennovations so we decided to check their sister location out.
The waitress never checked on us once we received our beers. We would have ordered another had we been asked. The pretzel bites were extremely overcooked and tasteless. Maybe they were short staffed...but we will not be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Morristown, New Jersey
“Glad we gave this place another chance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We had pretty much written this place after a not so great experience a few years ago but after hearing some folks we know sounding really happy with their experience, we opted to return and we were very happily surprised. The service was incredible, food rocked, and as has never changed, decor is perfect. We WILL go back again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nutley, New Jersey
“The rumors were true”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Having dined here satisfactorily in the past, but not in about a year, I ignored several bad reports I heard recently about poor experiences friends had here. I should have listened. We arrived and were properly seated, given menus, and then completely forgotten. No water, no drink orders taken, nothing. After 5 minutes an attempt was made to make eye contact with a waitress who seemed to be working our section, but this was without success. She then went into the back from which she did not return for several minutes. After 10 minutes, the hostess escorted another couple past our table and walked right past us, avoiding eye contact and my call of "Miss." After 15 minutes, there was still no indication anyone knew we were there. Of course, the couple seated 5 minutes earlier had been served water and had there drink orders taken. I suppose I could have gotten up and walked out to the hostess' desk and begged for service but we decided it was better to leave and go somewhere else. We won't be back.

Visited June 2013