“welcome” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cliff Avenue | Cromer, Cromer NR27 0AN, England   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cromer
“welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I booked my room for two nights. I had never stayed there before and i was on a business/social trip. I found the staff very warm, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent and served promptly. The hotel décor was of a good standard. My room a single was clean tidy and a good size.
Loads of off street parking tops 10 min walk to town centre.

if I had to find a fault the walls in my room were lacked sound proofing, having said that i only heard the couple in the next room once.

value for money very good.

would I stay their again, yes indeed I would

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Peter,

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay with us. I am glad that overall you enjoyed the experience and would return to us again and that you particularly enjoyed the breakfast and the friendly welcoming staff. Noise transference between hotel rooms is the bane of most hoteliers, especially as most of us are used to the routine of noises in our own homes. Thankfully on the whole our guests come for a quiet peaceful relaxing break and as you experienced it is rare to be aware of noise from an adjoining room.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another great value for money break soon.

Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed at the Virginia Court for the weekend it was excellent, the staff were very helpful, the food was superb the rooms were very clean and fresh, we would stay there again without a doubt.
Well done to all the staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at the weekend. Naturally we are all delighted you enjoyed the whole experience, please do tell all your friends as well as writing this review - word of mouth advertising is really important to us!

We hope to welcome you back again next time you fancy a visit to our stunning North Norfolk coast for a relaxing weekend break.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked this hotel purely on Trip advisor comments. My stay was excellent. The rooms lovely and clean, soft white linen, fluffy towels and lovely set of toiletries. The food was just as great, a calm restaurant that did not make a single dinner uncomfortable. A special thank you though to Naomi and Kiaya on reception, they both went above all expectations for me, catering for my whims and being so very kind and welcoming. I will be back for sure, what a gem this place is.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mary,

I am so pleased we lived up to your expectations following the reviews you have read here on Tripadvisor. I have made sure Naomi & Kiaya are aware of your kind feedback following the service they provided to both you and other guests.

Thank you for choosing us for this visit and we hope you will come back and see us again in the near future.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Just visited this hotel for the third time and couldn't fault a thing! Friendly, helpful staff supported family members with special requirements to enhance our stay and we were delighted. It certainly has been the holiday we wanted and needed, thank you!

• Stayed April 2014
VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for writing your recent review I am pleased that we still continue to provide friendly welcoming holidays to you and your family - we must be doing something right for you to join our growing band of repeat guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return for your 4th visit to Cromer1

take care

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We chose to stay in Cromer as we wanted to be reasonably close to Blakeney Point to take a boat trip to see the seals. We were pleasantly surprised to encounter the high standards at Virginia Court and upon arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome by the staff and made to feel that our custom is valued. Our room was very comfortable with nice crisp sheets. The menu for the restaurant was varied and when served was nicely presented. We would definitely return to Virginia Court as the location was perfect for walking to the beach or Town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your recent visit to North Norfolk to see the seals at Blakeney.I am glad you enjoyed the variety and quality of meals on offer in our restaurant as well as the comfortable bedrooms and welcoming attitude of the whole team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon, maybe for a spot of bird watching next time at Cley?

best wishes

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Even though the owners were away, the service from the staff was extraordinary. Beautiful bedrooms and stylish public areas. Was truly surprised by the excellence of the food!
If you want to impress a special person.. then book it as a surprise!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
What a lovely review to read, its always reassuring to know our team show the same attentive care to guests whether we are here or not! Many of the team have been here for several years including Dan our head chef with over 30 years service and Naomi our Assistant Manager who has been with us for 6 years so we know we leave the hotel and its guests, both new and returning, in excellent hands.

We look forward to your next return visit.

best wishes

Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

What an undiscovered gem! I was a bit filled with trepidation when I saw that it was on a residential road, as I am not that fond of "guest houses" as I find them a bit overpowering, but it has all the charm of a guest house but the professionalism and look of a proper hotel. The entrance and wide staircase was inviting and the welcome was really pleasant.

The decor is a cleaver mix of contemporary and traditional but none of it is dated or dirty. Everything was spotlessly clean with a lovely room and shiny bathroom.

Breakfast in a bright cheery room was a delight, especially the home made moussili (or however you spell it!)

Great wide car park with attractive lawn nearby and such an easy walk to the town or sea. They were happy for me to keep my car there after check out time.

I would have proffered a check out time 30 mins later, and scrambled eggs with breakfast, but that's just my personal taste.

I have a business meeting again in a few weeks. I will definitely be back, as it was so lovely I felt as if I were on holiday!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
VCHowner, Owner at Virginia Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent work trip to Cromer. I am delighted we exceeded your expectations and left you feeling really surprised! One of our biggest selling points is the relaxing atmosphere and peace and quiet of the neighbourhood away from the busy main road but just a short 2-3 minute walk to the town centre and the beach. Next time you are here just ask for the scrambled eggs with your breakfast, its not a problem - lots of our guests do!

Hope to see you back again soon

Martin

Been to Virginia Court Hotel? Share your experiences!