“A perfect weekend” 5 of 5 stars

5 New Street, Cromer NR279HP, England   |
Ranked #1 of 28 Cromer B&B and Inns
“A perfect weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We have just got home from two blissful nights at the Wellington. The room was beautiful; so peaceful and light, the bath was heavenly (I could have stayed there all day) the service was outstanding; literally everything I could ever want for breakfast on offer, and the most delicious homemade biscuits in our room to have with proper fresh coffee- divine! The location was perfect as well, two minutes from the beach and some lovely little places (my favourites being bookworms; the amazing second hand bookshop next door, and Mary jane's; incredible fish and chips, well worth queuing for) and even though it is so central it is so quiet and relaxing. I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have just left the Wellington House with the only sad feeling off 1... Having to leave .. And two .. The sun was out in full force :( But we leave behind two of the kindness couple who work well together in giving all guest's including myself the most care free relaxing time away without having to worry about anything :) I arrived on the Friday to be greeted by a smiley Karen who showed my husband and I our room that was spacious but was blown away by the huge bathroom and the size off the bath which was huge which I enjoyed the long soak after a long drive :) bed was really comfy street is quite as there is a pub next door but I must stress it doesn't join the Wellington house by wall does lovely food and please believe me when I say I didn't hear anyone as I would be the first one with my head out telling them to Sshhh it was peaceful. If you are thinking about staying at this Gem you really won't be disappointed and the breakfast is beautiful fresh and the sausages are to die for thanks Richard :) Karen can't do enough for you towels always fresh the little things like coffee tea always re- stocked and you will love all the little shops around the town as soon as you step outside the Wellington on a Sunny morin it has that I'm on holiday feeling !! And you will be staying at the best place I envy you already enjoy and once you stay you will understand what I'm talking about :)

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

All that you could want in a seaside B&B. Modern,well appointed and spotlessly clean rooms with added extras in your room including real coffee and homemade biscuits. Excellent choice of breakfast options all cooked freshly to order with loads of cereals, fruit juices and yogurts. The real star of the show though is Karen who is an exceptional host. Nothing seems to be too much trouble. I have already recommended to a friend who will be booking a couple of days soon. If you're looking for a high quality B&B in Cromer then look no further. I will definitely be returning.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Suffolk UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We wanted somewhere cosy & central, when selecting a B&B for our visit to Cromer. Having very limited  knowledge we checked the reviews against availability & took a chance with the "Wellington House B&B". "How we love it when a plan comes together". We cannot speak highly enough of Karen & Richard & their home Wellington House. Every aspect of our stay was as we would have wished & more. Warm friendly hosts, nothing was to much trouble. Room had a nice ambience & was warm, clean & comfortable, with excellent facilities. Breakfast was an excellent generous breakfast with a multitude of choices, guaranteed to set you up for the day ahead. We would love stay at Wellington House again, it was a perfect choice. "We'll be Back" :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stratford upon Avon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at Wellington House while we were working at the Folk On The Pier festival in May 2013.

This is an outstandingly good B&B. Firstly, the location is great, on a side street a few steps from the seafront. When you find the spotlessly clean rooms, the friendly proprietors, luxuriant bedding and epic breakfast, all at a very reasonable price, you start to think you have found a hidden gem.

But then the unexpected surprises start appearing - the extra little touches that make this place truly lovely. Proper chunky mugs, bottled water on each bedside table, complimentary cookies in a jar, and wine glasses and a corkscrew in the room. On this last point, we recently stayed in a B&B where we were greeted by a stern warning that customers drinking their own wine in the room would be charged £10. It didn't stop us, we merely hid the evidence. So, a welcome change to find a place that treats its guests like grown-ups. The Wellington's welcome booklet even includes written permission to use the dining room - including plates and cutlery - to eat your late night take away. Nice.

Can't recommend it highly enough. And the same goes for Cromer itself. It's a perfect English seaside resort, clean, friendly, unspoiled, with a charming pier. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
rushden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I have had another lovely stay at the Wellington b & b in Cromer. We stayed over the weekend of 26th to 29th April and had a really relaxing stay. This was our 2nd stay with Karen and Richard and once again we were not disappointed. We took our two dogs with us again and luckily this time the weather was great so we had two dry dogs all weekend not that they mind if the dogs are wet or sandy. The breakfasts were superb and we had fresh biscuit and supplies of coffee, tea etc in our room. Nothing is too much trouble for Karen and Richard and we look forward to having another stay with them soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wirral UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Not much to add that hasn't already been said. Lovely friendly hosts, great central location. Fab breakfasts which even catered for Gluten Free. Lovely period property. Thoroughly recommended and deserving of its high rankings. Only slight downside, doesn't have private parking, but when you see where it is you'll understand why. Free parking just up the road so no probs but maybe a problem for some.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wellington House B&B? Share your experiences!