“Peace and relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 28 Cromer B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Peace and relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I booked into one of The Grove's well-appointed self-catering units (The Coach House) for a long weekend break recently. The location was lovely: very quiet, yet within a short walk to the town centre and with access to clifftop and beachside walks via the nearby woods.
The accommodation was comfortable and cosy. While it is not luxury (and not priced at that level), it offers everything needed. Management and staff are approachable and professional, and guests are made very welcome - nothing seems too much trouble, and the attitude is friendly and 'can-do'.
There are play areas for children, and all guests are invited to use the dining and sitting rooms in the main house. The heated indoor swimming pool, also part of the offer, is a terrific bonus!
On a later trip into Cromer and in need of a cup of coffee, I dropped into The Grove where the busy duty manager happily interrupted his work to make and serve an individual cafetière: top marks for service!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello Philippa

It was lovely to have you with us and it is very kind of you to leave us a nice review, so thank you.

We do try to continue to offer the feeling of the family home which the Grove is, so I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best wishes

Richard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Saxmundham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed for one night in one of the new lodges and it was great , minutes from the Sea Front. Amazing to feel so peaceful and yet close to everything.
Accommodation and staff were excellent and they couldn't do enough to make everything perfect. It has that rare quality of being relaxed yet efficient.

Room Tip: The Orchard Rooms would be my pick. Close to the house but just far enough away.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello from the Grove

A big thank you for finding the time to leave us such a lovely review; I do say it a lot but my staff are sincerely thrilled whenever we have people kind enough to compliment us on what we do. I have a great team here and every five-star review means the world to them.

I am pleased you enjoyed the Orchard Rooms. They have proved very popular since we opened them in 2013 and we are expecting a very busy summer and autumn throughout the house.

Very best wishes and we look forward to seeing you again.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My family and I (group of 9) had afternoon tea at The Grove a few weeks back and i have to pass compliments to the chef/team. We were provided with a lovely reception room (just for our group), and the sandwiches, cakes and scones were very tasty and presented nicely.
Another added bonus is that you can park your car and walk through the fields to Cromer beach.
I would definately recommend making a booking at the Grove for afternoon tea, its a shame we didnt have enough time to have dinner there too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello from the Grove

Many thanks for such a nice review; it was lovely to see you and your party here at the Grove.

Our afternoon teas are run in conjunction with a superb local Charity - About with Friends - who work with people with learning disabilities; we very much enjoy having them as part of the team and the food they produce is excellent.

We do look forward to seeing you back here for dinner next time!

Best wishes

Gosport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Everything about my stay was wonderful

The location is very quaint and beautiful, the staff friendly and helpful, the rooms were fantastic

The underfloor heating was very ambient!

The decor in the rooms very modern and astheticly pleasing

The swimming pool was perfect

And the food and beer was excellent - I recommend the lamb

Stayed March 2014
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hello from the Grove

It's always nice to get a review with the first line of 'everything was wonderful'! and I can assure you that all the staff are delighted.

One of our duty managers (and part of the Graveling family) Jo designed the interiors of the Orchard Rooms and so I am particularly happy that you enjoyed staying there.

It would be lovely to see you again when you are next in the area.

best wishes

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Found this in hotel advertised in a Cambridge Magazine and gave it a try for an Anniversary break.
It proved very successful with good accommodation in a wooden cabin built to a high spec with all
Facilities. We particularly enjoyed a walk from the orchard through the woods to the Seafront at Cromer.

Dinner proved to be of good quality and having a gluten free diet was impressed that the chef came and talked me through the menu.
I would ask that information regarding breakfast and use of the Swimming pool be placed in the room. I tried to use the swimming pool at 7.30 am but was told it did not open until 8am

Room Tip: Go for a wooden cabin in the grounds.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hello from the Grove

Many thanks for finding the time to leave such a lovely review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your food; we do try to cater for all dietary requirements including gluten free / coeliac.

Do come back and see us again if you are in the area.

best wishes

Bishops Stortford, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I cannot recommend The Grove highly enough ......I was lucky to have stayed in one of the Orchard rooms with a friend......The facilities were excellent we made use of the swimming pool, dinner was amazing and breakfast lovely ...a great start to our day. It was lovely to walk from the private access through the woods to the cliff top walk. Nothing was too much trouble the owners and staff made us feel so welcome and were very attentive ensuring we had a relaxed and enjoyable stay. Will definately be returning Thank you so much

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello from the Grove

Well thank you for such a glowing review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and all the staff were thrilled to read your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Very best wishes

Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed at the Grove 19th March 2014. This place is amazing, not only is the accomodation spacious, modern and clean - the food is to die for! The pool is also warm and inviting, great addition to this perfect hotel. There is also a small walkway through the woodlands to the coastal path leading into Cromer. We stayed here for just one evening in the Orchard rooms, and loved everyminute of it. What I should also say is that I'm a mum of a very beautiful disabled daughter who has complex life threatening problems who stays at East Anglia Childrens Hospice (EACH) and the proprietors of this hotel had very kindly offered families whose children stay there a completely free stay at their hotel for the night. Can you believe that! Their generosity is overwhelming. Not only did they very thoughtfully leave a card in our room welcoming us, with a bottle of something fizzy, they also made us pots of tea and a three course meal in the evening. After a very pleasant nights sleep, we also had breakfast which might i add was probably the most delicious homeproduced and locally produced that I have ever tasted. Richard and Charlie have so very much restored my faith in mankind. We were completed overwhelmed at their generosity and kindness. Their hospitality and attentiveness was just second to none! We will definitely be going back there with all of our friends and everyone else who we've told about the Grove.

Thank you Richard and Charlie, you and your staff were completely amazing. I came away feeling very energised, restored and calm - you enabled that to happen - and for me to go back to my very ordinary life juggling the caring and working for my beautiful child. Words are not simply enough! Thank you from the bottom of my heart - You are very extraordinary people!

Room Tip: We only saw the Orchard rooms, but they were outstanding, spacious, luxurious and welcoming. They a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
thegrovecromer, Owner at The Grove, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello Jane

Many thanks for your lovely review; it was a privilege to welcome you here and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. The staff were all delighted to see you and for your kind words, so thank you again.

The Grove has always been a family home and we decided that we were lucky enough to be in a position to offer a very small amount of help to parents who have children in the EACH programme. You all do an amazing job and we are very much in awe of the sacrifices that you all make, so we are very happy to do the little that we can.

It was great to have you with us and please do pop in again when you have the chance.

Very best wishes

Richard

Been to The Grove? Share your experiences!