“great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Green Anatolia Club & Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Green Anatolia Club & Hotel to your Saves list
Green Anatolia Club & Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ovacik Koyu Babadag Yolu Gokceovacik Koyu, Ovacik 48380, Turkey   |
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Ovacik
Belfast, United Kingdom
“great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

my family are just back from staying in this hotel , we stayed 18 nights and we all had a great time , it just needs a few tweeks and it would be perfect but then again it probably be a alot more expensive . i really cant see what some people are complaining about it had great breakfasts in the morning where you could get freshly cooked pancakes, omelettes and fried eggs and at night there was always a bbq or kebab cooking along with the usual foods you would find in a hotel buffet. yes they charged more for the drinks but if you are discreet you can bring water etc in with you and not alot is said . as for rude staff we never had any problems it is a family run hotel with not that many employees which does make some problems like waiting on being served but they are trying their best , we meet up with some lovely people and all of us are going to try and book again for next year so we all cant be wrong about the place,

Room Tip: ask for block 6 its over the adult pool and is very quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Firstly I would like to mention the staff here, they are fantastic despite previous reveiws I had read before going away, do not let them put you off! I can only assume most reveiws about "rude" staff have been from people who have been rude themselves as me and my friend had no problems atall... infact one morning when our pick-up for an excursion didn't arrive they sorted it out quickly and re-arranged it for the next day so the whole thing was rather painless and stress free when it could have been awful. Added to this the maids are lovely and always say hi when passing, as other reports mention they do not change sheets everyday, ours were changed twice during our 1 week stay but let's face it, who changes their bed everyday at home? They still come in and make the bed, clean, change towels etc plus I'm sure if you asked they would change the sheets more often. The food is FANTASTIC theres a pancake chef in the mornings and every night they cook on a BBQ or fry fresh fish and even do traditional turkish flatbread/pancake things! Every night was different and when things ran out they were replaced, they always have chips and pastas and salads etc for any fussy eaters which is fab. Water seems to be complained about a lot on here too, don't drink the water out of the tap only bottled water, the big bottles of water from the shop (1ltr) are 1.90TL which based on currency exchange currently at 2.80 means the water cost about 50p....for those who are complaining about not being able to bring water from outside I get that, but I challenge you to find a 1ltr bottle of water in the UK for 50p.... doesn't seem all that big a deal to me to be fair. The bar is FANTASTIC! Ibrahim, the barman, really went to town on cocktails, and the milkshakes made with ice-cream are far too good when staying by the pool all day =) We met some lovely people here too all of which were sorry to leave and some of them had been staying at this hotel year after year which is a testament to them. Location is stunning, staff and locals are amazing and the food/ rooms are good what more could you want... the only advice I would give to anyone going is to make an effort with the people, staff and locals and you will have a fantastic trip =) and keep an open mind! I also recommend the jeep safari excursion...funniest day out ever! Oh and a turkish bath, when in Turkey!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Absolutely shocking 10 days in this hotel!! I have never been so pleased to leave a hotel!! The staff (apart from the barman Ibrahim) are without a doubt the rudest people I have ever met!! Where to start! The one mark for this hotel is for the temperature of the pool and the view of the hotel. Outwardly this hotel looks beautiful. Looks can be deceptive. They spend more time on the upkeep of the flowers than they do on the basics of cleaning. Our sheets were not changed in 10 days. My daughter accidently spilt suntan lotion on hers on the 2nd day! It remained there until we left! The staff are incredibly rude. We were charged several times for the mini bar. We didn't use the mini bar! If you want to take any of your own food back to the hotel get yourself a decent bag (not a see through carrier bag as they will confiscate this on your way through reception). We needed to fill up on snacks as the meals were so poor. The breakfast was ok for toast (although if you want white bread its gone quickly and not replaced). The evening meals I wouldn't feed to my dogs! We didn't meet one person around the poolside that enjoyed staying here. I only wish they had all left their comments here on trip advisor!! How people rate this awful place as excellent I'll never know....My daughter was blue lighted to hospital with severe vomiting and collapse after her evening meal here. The staff knew we were leaving by ambulance thanks to the lovely doctor from the next village. When we returned to the hotel after a scary time in hospital the staff deliberately ignored us on our return to the hotel!! Shocking and appalling manners to not ask if your child is ok. The icing on the cake was the addition to our bill on the last day. We had a family room with a door separating both rooms. On the last day we asked if we could pay to keep the room as we had a night flight. No problem!! Until we paid the bill! They paid us for two rooms as we had a family room!! When we queried this the awful receptionist smiled smugly telling us our room had two keys, therefore we pay twice!!! She smirked as she took our money. On leaving the hotel everyone we met in reception had stories to tell about how awful this place was. I will return to Turkey again but never ever to this awful excuse of a hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

First of all i would like to start by saying that this hotel upon first glance is lovely. The buildings are nice, the scenery is amazing as well as the pool area. However unfortunately this were it all stops. I would like to state that i'm one of the most easily pleased people you could meet but this was a prime example of myself being very unpleased.

My girlfriend and i were made to sleep in separate beds upon arrival which was 3am, I rang reception and was told can do nothing but will fix the issue in the morning, fair enough assumed a simple mix up. Following day the beds were pushed together by staff, which i could of done myself and one bed was higher than the other!!!

After that we were then charged for drinks from the minibar which we never had, this happened on 3 separate occasions, when i approached staff i was welcomed by an arrogant uninterested attitude, after much deliberation the charges were dropped off our tab.

The entertainment was abysmal Michael Jackson and his boys turned up with one pop sock on and danced to a CD that skipped, complete utter joke, funny like but all for the wrong reasons. We waited 2 hours for this dude to turn up and in all fairness should of gone to bed.

All this was mild and to be honest could of excepted until we were both food poisoned by the dirty food that was served in this place by waiters that i physically watched spit on the tables, that's right spat on the tables that people ate from then wiped it with a cloth as though it was cleaning the table. Now my poisoning wasn't on par with my girlfriend who only just came off a drip yesterday after being told she had contracted e-coli. That's correct E-COLI!!! now were adults and received medical attention but imagine a small child contracted this, were talking something that could become life threatening!!!!

Once again, approached reception explained people who work here spit on tables, guess what??? no apologies, no offer of resolution, no "i'll have a word and sort this out". Zilch.

Finally we came to leave which was a joyous occasion and I've never had that feeling on a holiday, so we rings the reception to ask what time the coach is due to pick us up for transfer and was told its on the board, when i ask were is the board?? i'm told "in the reception" so i say "which is were your sitting, can you tell me"??? and i'm told no check yourself.

GREEN ANATOLIA CLUB & HOTEL - YOU ARE GRIM!!!!

P.S the sheets were not changed once in 10 days but wouldn't expect much more from people who spit on things to clean. Yes the cleaners your guilty too, spitting on windows and wiping it. Take the anti-bacterial hand gel if you feel you really must go here.

And for the record i know people on here can be moaners, but this is all completely factual so please please please avoid this place like the absolute plague, and to be honest if you can avoid turkey as it appears to be the people that ruined the place not the hotel or its surroundings.

Room Tip: Just give this place a miss
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

WOW! Just got back from a week here and I have not good a bad thing to say about it here.

Everything was brilliant and if it wasn't the staff would ensure they would help you. Where to start?!

Food - i found the breakfast brilliant. A massive range of different things from cereal to local food such as meats, even pancakes!! The evening meals were even better with huge ranges again and always plenty to choose from. Always something for everyone, and of course eat as much as you can being Half Board.

Cleanliness - Really not an issue in my eyes and experience. Room cleaned everyday by a lovely cleaner so cannot fault the cleanliness.

Prices - Of course, with every Hotel which is Half board or above it can be pricey. This is also the case here but I would recommend taking a short trip to Hisaronu and buying what you want/need there just down to price. We spent 2 nights at the pool bar and with the credit card it builds up.... But nothing i didn't really expect.

Hotel Credit card - This is a really good idea as it allows you not to worry about money until your last day if you so wish. We found paying it off every 2 days works out a lot better and allows you to keep an eye on what you are spending. However, completely up to you.

Really do not have a bad thing to say. Pools clean (if you are a couple go to the adult pool as a lot quieter). Also be careful of the fridge in your room, can be expensive.

Fantastic holiday - Bring on Turkey 2014!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

First look this place looks lovely it has great potential. I thought the food was nice once you get used to what you like. The guy that does the turkish bath under reception area was absolutley brilliant would highly reccommend!
However my 1yr old and 2yr old both cut their feet in the baby/toddler pool within half an hour of each other, we informed reception they sent a man down who walked about in the pool looking for glass or whatever, he couldnt find anything so shrugged his shoulders and never came back. We then found out that talking to other guests a few other children had cut their feet in there too and nothing had been done.
Next issue was the umbrellas - Absolutley terrible ! The bottom stand bits kept leaking water so they kept blowing over but these arent normal sun umbrellas . These umbrellas have rusty metal spikes sticking out of them , they were blowing over all over the place. Really dangerous !
The evening entertainment really needs to be updated theres absolutley nothing to do but listen to the pool bar same cd over and over again every night. We went to the strip when we could but it would of been nice if the hotel had maybe a little dance area for the kids and a bit of music/ disco lights. Anything really. ?!
Anyway hotel does have potential but some time needs to be spent in making it safer for people and maybe a upgrade but i do understand it was cheap so im not arguing that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rossendale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

All I can say is this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in ,if you are on an 18 to 30 holiday you could say its ok.For anybody over that age group it was bad bad bad.
My bed sheets were full of holes and I would not use them for dust sheets and it took some complaining to get clean sheets changed,and we stayed there for 2 weeks.
My husband is Dutch and the Turkish staff asked him why the Dutch do not come to that part of Turkey,I said they have more sence.
This hotel does not know the first thing about how to clean rooms and public arears,the food was not replaced when its gone its gone.
That is all I can say I read the reviews and said it sounds ok little did I know it was terrible

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Green Anatolia Club & Hotel? Share your experiences!