“Improvements needed!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Ovacik
cambs
“Improvements needed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My sister and I, both in our mid forties, spent 2 weeks at the Ova, I spent months finding the right hotel that would suit us both and our 2 friends who joined us later on. We stayed from 6th September for 14 nights.
There are lots of positives about this hotel but unfortunately lots of negatives and huge room for improvements to!
Positives being the room was spacious and we were lucky enough to be on the ground floor so we had a decent sized balcony to enjoy the view from. We didn't have a refurbished room but this didn't matter as we were comfortable enough. The hotel grounds are immaculate and are tended to daily, the staff were usually friendly, the bar staff work long and hard hours. The location of the hotel is okay a 10-15 minute walk down to Hisaranou which is a lively party town full of clubs, restaurants and shops, great for the younger generation...lol even had a fun fair with a couple of rides that would turn ya tum well over! Bottom of small hill from the hotel there is a small selection of bars, restaurants and tut shops just about right for us. Ova so called private beach was lovely
Onto negatives and possible ideas for improvements. As mentioned in many reviews the sunbed situation was dreadful, there were plenty of broken ones and those that weren't broken were packed around the pool areas so you were like sardines, we always went to the quiet pool as there was more space however we were having to get up and have towels out before 7 as the beds would be gone, there are clear signs stating towels would be removed if out before 7.30 but the staff took no notice of this, also people were putting their towels out and then going off to the beach all day and coming back for the last hour of sunshine, hardly fair again 2 hour rule didn't apply!
The so called ' private beach' this is only private to anyone who comes along and pays the man 10 lira for beds! so not very private to our hotel at all as quite often by time the shuttle bus arrived to pick up at the hotel you'd hit the beach by 11 and if you was on the second run there were not many beds left as they had been sold! the shuttle again collected from other hotels and was often full, 1 pick up simply isn't good enough people want to be at the beach early not arriving just before lunchtime,to spend the day and have options to return throughout the day not at a set time that changed daily. Heaven knows what happens in the peak time should families want to take the kids to the beach they couldn't cope with 20 going!!!
Onto the main problem with this hotel... Food! All inclusive doesn't mean feed your guests crap it means giving a variety of food to suit all tastes, the jokes about chicken from previous reviews are spot on, however i'm not entirely sure we had chicken daily as it never resembled chicken as we know it, everything was in a sauce and was always tepid and very very bland, now don't get me wrong cos we never went hungry, why?? I hear you say well because we had chips for snack, lunch and dinner every day, give or take the odd wedge...lol we didn't starve but we didn't enjoy it either and trust me we not a very fussy bunch of people and we gave things a go.
People apparently go back here year after year, many of these we were talking to will not be going back again, for those that do I simply cannot see the appeal or attraction.
Would I recommend this hotel to my friends unfortunately not unless things improve particularly in the food stakes.

Room Tip: Ground floor towards the back.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Following a week's stay here in September 2013, I believe the staff at the Ova resort have achieved as close to perfection as possible. The entertainment team, I feel, should have the first mention as they work around the clock with a resort family dance and activities through the day for all ages, then bring a well varied itinerary for the evenings. They will bend over backwards to assist with any problems and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel itself is located in an ideal balance between the mountains and the town Hisaronu, and the 'dolmas' minibus route is on the doorstep, with 30p- 80p journeys to fetiye harbour (some excellent fish restaurants, including cafe genis), olu deniz beaches, watersports and famous blue lagoon. A high standard of cleanliness is constantly exceeded and although the bedrooms aren't enormous and made from gold, they come complete with tv, a/c, daily bed linen changes and towel changes and supplies replaced and re stocked. I thoroughly recommend this to families, couples, and groups of friends alike and hope that your stay was as fantastic as ours. Lawrence

• Stayed September 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Once again, the Ova Resort lived up to our expectations. The new management have changed things a little bit but, not for the worse.

We liked the new location of the pool bar; As always, the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful.

The food was up to it's usual high standard and, no matter what time we turned up at the "Quiet Pool", we always managed to get a sunbed.

The only thing we would like to see is the coffee and water machines being returned to the "Quiet Pool". Walking down to the bar with wet feet was a littlle scary :-(

The only slightly annoying bit was some of the guests not abiding by the Pool Rules. It quite clearly states on the steps up to the "Quiet Pool" - No Inflatibles and No Ball Games. A pity that some people cannot read, or just chose to ignore these rules.

But having said that, we had a fabulous holiday and many thanks to all the staff for making our holiday such a good one.

Drew & Bev Pope

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have to say was happy with the accommodation, the mattress and pillows were a bit hard but the room was kept spotless and clean sheets and towels most days. We had a problem with the hairdryer and it was fixed within half an hour with a new one installed. The Manager Niyat (I think ) was extremely polite and helpful and nothing was too much trouble the same said for reception and the night staff who saw us in on our 3am arrival.
The entertainment staff are just great and have so much energy, god knows how they keep going and smiling....the bar staff I had no problem with and the guys were great but maybe getting a bit tired as they do dead long shifts, and restaurant guys and Manager well done for dealing with us all.
As travel bird said if you want five star you pay for it believe me you do. This was a nice homely clean resort and there was a choice of food and no it was not chicken all the time but fish beef pork and chicken,
Like travel bird I have been in the industry and for value for money and the friendliness of the staff I would rate this as very good. I have paid mega bucks more and been very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from main block...rooms 300 plus good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

arrived home on tuesday after 2 weeks at the ova.on arrival we were given a small room where to get in bed we had to climb over each other.balcony door opened on to bed which was 2 singles pushed together so the next day we asked if we could have another room the manager then put us in a family room this was at no extra charge.the ova is set in a beautiful hill side location.
the food could have been better choice wise as the salads and main course were very much the same every day but there are plenty of cheap local places to eat in.
the 12 island boat trip is a good day out.
all the staff from management down to the gardens are all very friendly and helpful.we would go back to this hotel if the choice of food improved.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Cant wait for next year! The Ova Resort is a fantastic place and the Staff are by far some of the nicest most helpful people I have ever met. I stayed at the Ova in June and as soon as I got home I booked up to go straight back, my 2 holidays there this year have been the best holidays I have ever had without a doubt. I cant wait to book up for next year and start the countdown :)
The Resort is kept lovely and clean and the staff work so hard but are always happy and go out of their way to help if its needed.
There is no faulting the place. I would definitely recommend The Ova Resort to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
lowe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a 10 day stay here with my best friend was my first time and her second, she insisted in returning to this hotel and now I know why! We arrived and was given a room by the hotel manager which was lovely and big with a big balcony, the restaurant is very clean and is a huge selection of food which I've noticed people saying on here is just chips etc, maybe if people didn't turn there nose up at known "English" food whilst away they'd notice there was lots to choose from. The bar staff are polite and very hard working. The entertainment team are amazing aswell, met so many people there if your looking for a place where you feel at home relaxed and to meet people this is the place for you. See you next year ova :)

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Ova Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!