“Very good all inclusive experience” 4 of 5 stars

Aes Club Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   59 Sok No: 1 | Oludeniz Beldesi, Ovacik 48300, Turkey   |
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Ovacik
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Very good all inclusive experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have been to Turkey before and always all inclusive as well as AI in other regions. The AES was really very good. The staff were great particularly the bar staff (Murat and Sam) who were very friendly. Everyone from the reception staff to the cleaners were all smiles and friendliness and in particular Mat in the Spa club was very helpful and friendly with a great attitude.

We thought the food was excellent and very varied from day to day and we never had an opportunity to complain as it was always high quality.

The rooms were fine with great bathrooms.

All in all a really enjoyable holiday and one we would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wasnt sure whether to give this 2 or 3 marks out of 5. I decided on 3, but still not sure. Maybe should be 2 and a half.
Stayed here in August, arrived in the middle of the night.
We got up to our room, a loft room, and there was just a double bed for the 4 of us. Eventually, the bellboy made some other beds up from the sofas. We were in this room for 2 days before we got moved. This looks to be a tactic they use lots in the busy season, judging by other reviews. I banged my head on the low ceiling about 10 times in those 2 days. The room we eventually got moved to was spacious, modern and clean, only fault was balcony is tiny and it was positioned directly above the evening entertainment so quite loud if you wanted an early night.

We then got down to the pool in the morning. No sun beds. The sunbeds that were ther were very tightly packed. Also, about 4 parasols for the whole hotel ( the is a canopy which runs the whole length of the pool but if you position your sunbeds under that you spend just about the whole day in the shade). We spotted a few people who had sunbeds in the shade and also some in the sun. This would easily be solved by the hotel getting more parasols.
Pool was ok, busy at times. The daytime entertainment was ongoing , loud and repetitive at times. It meant half the pool was out of use for non participants for a lot of the day. It would have been nice to have some quiet days. For this we had to go out of the hotels. The sailing boat trips and Dalyan highly recommended and cheap ( a lot cheaper from town than rep in hotel). Be careful as a lot of these boat trips say you can't take your own drinks on these boats, they come round and ask you what you would like to drink, it's only at the end of the trip you realize that each can of drink works out at about £3 or £4 . Most prices are quoted in pounds and they prefer you to pay in pounds. This is also the case with the spa in the hotel which was very nice. I had a Turkish bath for £15 and an Indian head message for about £18. Both were really nice.
The food was excellent, good variety each day. The was one incident where my wife had a fig on a plate and saw a maggot burrowing out of it. We dug through the bowl of maggots on the counter and found a small family of maggots at the bottom of the bowl. This was an isolated incident and I think the restuarant staff wee genuinely shocked when I showed them.

Of an evening, it was also tricky getting a table at the bar area if you didn't finish dinner early. Evening entertainment was generally poor. When there wasn't bingo or karaoke, there were groups dancing. The only good entertainment in the 2 weeks we were there was the Turkish night and the Bellydancer.

The bar staff were generally good, although I did experience the bald headed bar man. He was one of the rudest people I have ever met. How the management let him keep his job for so long is amazing. I complained to management once and nothing done. One evening I had had enough and started filming the bar on my phone ( with him there not serving - just watching people as they queued and him letting the bar manager do all the work.) Really could have done without this on a holiday and can't believe it took the management so long to get rid of this man.

Would I go back? Yes, I would to the area. But to another hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wakefield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is my 1st trip to Turkey so I did not know what to expect and I can only say I was not disappointed. I think this is a great hotel and I really enjoyed my stay, our room was on the second floor quite near to the lift and had a small balcony over looking the pool. The rooms are serviced every day and towels and bedding changed 3 times a week. The restaurant is upstairs by the pool and I found there was always somehting to enjoy each day and I have never seen so many desserts at each meal time. Frest fruit is also available meal time. The staff are friendly and I did see that people had trouble with the bar staff earlier in the year but all those people were got rid of and the replacement staff were excellent. The entertaiment staff do a good job and arrange a number of games etc. for those interested.
Free WiFi is available and there is a laptop for people to use in Reception, also a phone to use to ring and confirm transfers. There is a free bus to Billy's beach every dat at 10.30 or you can use the local transport at the end of the road that costs very little, if fact it's a great way to get round.
All arround are bars where you can watch football, rugby etc., the hotel is a short to most of them. The shops are about a 15 min walk or you can jump on the bus. There is a market every Tuesday in Ovacik that is worth a visit.
My only problem with this hotel is that the sunbeds are very cramped together and like a lot of other people I was fed up with people putting their towels on the beds and then not using them untill late afternoon, (you cannot blame any other nation as it was the Brit's doing this). In the end we gave up and went to the beach. All in all a great time shame about the sunbeds.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a 13 night holiday at this hotel which we absolutely loved. We arrived at 5am in the morning and the porter took our bags to our room which was an attic room which after reading the reviews we were dreading but there was more than enough room so not sure what the issue was, the roof slopes yeah but be aware if it and don't stand underneath that part...simple!! We read through every review on trip advisor before booking and after visiting this hotel and reading the reviews some people are just super fussy and if your looking for a lovely, friendly hotel to stay in a perfect location this is the place to book. 15 minute walk into hisaronu where there is plenty of lovely places to eat and night clubs for those that like to party ( we did 1 night and it was a magic night)The entertainment at the hotel was good at nights and the animation team( can't remember how to spell his name) went out of his way to make you feel welcome, our first day he shook our hands and remembered our names for the rest of the holiday, personal touch which makes a difference to your holiday.

The food was good plenty to choose from, my only grumble is I like my food hot and it was always warm, more frustrating when people left the lids open, couldn't fault the restaurant spotless clean and the waiters friendly. If the food was hot we would have no complaints, Turkish night in the restaurant was amazing :-) brilliant food

The bar staff downstairs were absolutely Brilliant, our favourites MURAT and SAM, super lads and made our holiday what is was. Remembered your drink without even asking which is always a plus :-) hope to return to this hotel next year we enjoyed so much.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise don't choose a pool facing as it will be noisy with the entertainmen...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have returned to the AES Club Hotel now for the past 2 years and anyone who is a returning guess will laugh at the above. The hotel staff are friendly and welcoming on arrival. The rooms are spacious and clean i have no reason to complain. Food is varied and enough choice to accommodate all. Staff are very friendly and I have only praise for the work put into the food served daily. Entertainment.....plenty to keep all ages occupied aqua aerobics, water polo, darts and table tennis, the staff Cihan, Sophie & Sarp were great and as a family we look forward to seeing them all again next year.

Rachelle

Room Tip: We have stayed in a Family Room over looking the pool which can be alittle noisy with young children...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Clean hotel, friendly staff, good food, hardworking entertainment team and fantastic large swimming pool.
Rooms cleaned daily with towels left in shape of a swan. The salads available lunchtime and evening were the best I have had for ages.
Good breakfast selection, omelettes are made with too much oil however you only have to say less oil (Az ya) and they were happy to oblige.
Meat selections limited at dinner but there was always plenty of choice. Baked fish covered in salt was delicious.
Bar staff and animation team worked hard. Getting a bit cold to sit out at the beginning of October so could do with some canopy cover or some gas heaters!
Buses available to beach but it was small and the water looked uninspiring. So we shopped and went back to the Hotel. Not the place for beach lovers to stay but if you like a large pool and your inclusive drinks on tap then no problem at all. Clean pool towels available each day.
Booked a private taxi transfer from airport with a Turkish taxi firm and it cost £58 return.40 minutes transfer with speedy driver or an hour at a more leisurely pace.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are fine and our room on 3rd floor was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

just returned from aes club wonderfull holiday rooms nice and cleaned everyday cannot fault cleaners , restaurant food average could have been warmer i also agree with crockery poor quality and not replenished frequently enough , restaurant needs a good clean areas around floor edges never cleaned and windows etc dont know last time they where cleaned , local drinks very limited selection from bar , various areas of grounds could do with good cleaning , reception staff ilhan could not do enough for you very helpful and friendly , overall shoud be 3 star + ..

Room Tip: block at back of reception very quiet if youn want to be away from noisey pool area .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aes Club Hotel? Share your experiences!