“Oh dear!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Ovacik
sheffield
“Oh dear!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Oh dear, let me begin by saying that you get what you pay for and if a deal looks too good to be true - it probably is.
A new hotel with possible potential in a fairly good location to explore the area but we will not be trying it again. No more than 3*.
Arrived sometime between too late 'n' too early. First impressions were good as the receptionist was awake and quick to check us in. There was a hot drink dispenser in the comfortable reception area although it needed filling.
En route to the room all was extremely clean and fresh. Escorted up three floors I recalled TA review saying 'avoid top floor' but was pleasantly suprised with nice fresh room -- until I looked for the balcony behind the curtains (which neither opened or closed fully in either sitting room or bedroom). No balcony and anyone under 5ft wouldn't be able to see out of the window, however under 4ft would help to avoid the limbo dance needed to get in and out of the unmade bed under the eves.
Impressive bathroom with bath but missing bulbs in vanity mirror. TV in lounge area also missing. Mini bar contained three bottles of water.
My husband braced himself for the awaited cry - 'Don't unpack!' - and I headed of to reception who pleasantly informed me that they would of course give us another room following breakfast.
Exhausted from the journey we settled down accompanied by the loud drone of AC units somewhere beneath us. We were woken shortly after by the kitchen springing to life followed by the rattlings and scrapings of the dining room. It turned out that our 'suite' was above both!
Reception were very accomodating and sent us of to another room (along with the most charming of the hotel staff who is the day porter and who deserves the best employee vote). The problem with this groundfloor room was immediately apparent - plaster was bursting off the wall due to damp.
A third room was found later in the day and although it meant single beds it was ok in every other way - second floor and not over the pool, bar or restaurant.
Entertainment was poor. Bar was limited to local 'gin' 'vodka' lager and wine (white well chilled was acceptable) along with basic soft drinks. Staff blew hot and cold. Food blew mostly luke warm, overcooked, tasteless but with a good range of salads which is great if you can be sure of how they are washed.
Even at the beginning of service the wonderful produce seen in the locality was completely ruined. They could stick with fewer dishes that they can cook well, or even to order. It was pitiful to see how much was left at the end of service, particularly the cremated fish.
The sauna is free to residents - as we found out on our last day. A full session of turkish bath, exfoliation, soap wash down, mud facial and aromatherapy massage was very good and excellent value at £20.

Room Tip: second or third floor, not facing pool and pool bar, not over restaurant. The first block below rece...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I'm going to try and be positive with my review however I feel that's going to be difficult. We arrived, after an 8 hour delay on our flight, at 0100 and were met by a rather surly, unhelpful and certainly untalkative receptionist. Our first impression of the hotel was therefore not great.

Our room was OK. Guess it had everything we wanted apart from a view. The smell when it rained was awful from the drains running at the back of our terrace. Bathroom was nice. Had to make our own bed at 0130 before we could get into it. No information in our room about the hotel, eg. bus times, restaurant times. Nothing.

Staff in the bar totally miserable. Apparently the hotel is shutting in a couple of weeks and we thought that they couldn't wait to get rid of us all so that they could go home. Staff in the restaurant were pleasant enough.

Food? Food is basic. Really basic. Lacking in any sort of inspiration and I got the idea that it was being done on the tightest budget.

Noisiest hotel we've ever stayed in. Entertainment started late at night and went on too late. If your room overlooks the pool and bar area, don't expect an early night because there's no chance. Cleaning staff start early and boy do they love waking everyone up at 0700 with their shouting and laughing to each other.

Pool? If you fancy feeling like a sardine, this is the place for you.

Drinks are fine. Plenty of them and good enough quality.

Because we met nice people to sit and talk to and I was with my wonderful boyfriend, I had a lovely week but would absolutely definitely not go back for another stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Newport South Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Difficult not to be impressed initially as this is a new Hotel. The rooms are well decorated, fresh and clean with plenty of storage. Some are obviously better positioned than others we were happy with our room which was facing the roadside but looking out onto the mountains. nice and quiet. Beautiful shower room with clean towels everyday.

Ovacik good location for beaches of Olu Deniz, Restaurants, Bars and shops @ Hisaranu and the fab market @ Fethiye

Managed with the food but would agree with 2 previous reviews that it could have been better. I think it was end of season and and they were basically cutting back

Bar definitely limited! No white rum?? you don't expect Bacardi but certainly a local equivalent. However they do serve Schweppes tonic which was a pleasant surprise! Would agree that barmen came over miserable, with a slight warming up as they got to know you towards the end of week...but too late to act friendly then.

However did find most other staff warm friendly and helpful. Especially Turkish Bath run by "magic hands" Hikmet. Definitely worth a visit very good value and really relaxing experience.

Unfortunately we fell fowl of the unusually wet weather but really appreciated the sun when it did grace us with its presence.

Would recommend they sort out menus. the salads I loved but agree with previous reviewer about the variety etc

Really surprised that some women (thankfully only the odd few) decided to go topless at the poolside!! Odd choice in a Muslim country? Culturally unacceptable or what...Unfortunately not always the ones that probably would have been able to carry it off. We get a chance to review their service. I'm sure a few people at that Hotel would have strong opinions about how we conduct ourselves abroad.

All n all a good holiday. Jazz up the menu's and get the white rum in and I'll be back

Room Tip: Take teabags!!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Well what can I say ? Lots is the answer , some good but more bad I'm afraid !

So on arrival I was very impressed with the decor , the modern approach of chrome glass and canvas was very contemporary . The reception staff got us on the way to our room in lightening speed and on arrival at our rooms we were pleasantly surprised. Very much a boutique style , plenty of melamine wood effect , walk in shower (no bath) which was great and enough storage space for clothes and luggage. Any where you are in the hotel you are steps away from the pool and bar area so all in all a great start !

Our week started and finished with awful weather which has no bearing on this review obviously , there is little to when the weather is bad but again that's not the hotels fault .

I'm not sure about you but food for me whilst holidaying makes the holiday ? Some reviews of the food at the hotel suggesting it was great I find bewildering , I am an ex chef and I understand bulk catering , make allowances for different cultures and tastes, however given that I found the food uninspiring and without any imagination at all ! Probably I have been spoilt by European hotels that seem to have nailed the all inclusive concept !

So what was wrong ? A pizza oven with a chef occasionally making some folded wraps to put into a chaffer , without any extra costs pizza's to order would have made a massive difference !

Three Chefs stood doing nothing behind the counter were really annoying as if they had offered a pasta station with a choice of already cooked pasta's and sauces ,it would have been at no extra cost and more choice. The 3 tip boxes strategically placed as it see were cheeky and certainly not worthy of the service supplied, I dared to ask for cheese (Grommit) on one evening , the Chef looked over at the place where 4 choices had been placed at breakfast , noticed they weren't there and said NO ! Very helpful !

The Bread was great, and to be honest it had to be , the choices on offer were things such as macaroni, breaded fish, soup, chips (at breakfast) chicken thighs, limited vegetables, limited salad , just ALL very limited and quite obviously done on a budget. If you like food , know food and expect to eat something nice don't book this hotel !

Right off to the bar ! The hotel is very intimate and I challenge you not make friends , Dangerous Dougie was the highlight of our holiday he was such a laugh ! The drinks at the bar were as with the food uninspiring unless you wanted to pay 15 Lira (around £5) for something decent ! Red / White wine ( not bad but not great ) Beer which was good quality of Gin / Vodka, by the end of the week I was utterly sick of the lot as all local brands !

The pool was cold , I suppose because we had bad weather it made it seem worse, had the sun been out it may have been just the cooling agent needed , why they didn't use a solar panel of two , even a run of black piping on a roof and a pump would have heated it !

Staff ? The staff in general were lovely , the entertainment team worked so hard I felt sorry for them when they started work in the morning bleary eyed , One of the guys is so Borat and a great guy ! The bar staff were great if you engage them , although I can see why previous reviews would suggest they were miserable , smile and chat with them and it will be returned ! The reception staff I found ok although some guests found otherwise !

Would I go back ? NO ! There's a lot better quality and value closer to home. They just don't seemed to have grasped the customer service thing as yet , I wondered if this was just a cultural thing but having been to other Muslim countries such as Egypt many times I think not .
It really smacks to me that holiday companies have screwed them down so far it leaves the little budget left to give holiday makers what they have come to expect of an all inclusive holiday , I would have gladly paid and extra £100 there and then to have better quality, choice and service !

Hope this helps .

The Holiday Sleuth

Little choice

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011 via mobile

Hotel is a lovely clean friendly place, the highlight for me is the Turkish Bath which is truly amazing and can't be beaten for value for money! We had 3 days of rain so went and had 2 sessions, the manager runs a great team! Entertainment could be better but was ok, food was filling however the lack of ice cream facilities and no english tea was greatly missed!! The surrounding area of the complex can be off putting as no where seems to be finished however, if you ignore that you will have a lovely time at the complex will look at booking for next year but not October due to horrific rain (makes England look good) but will look at September at the latest!

• Stayed October 2011
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

On arriving at the Hotel we were pleasantly impressed by the reception area. The staff were polite and efficient we were taken to our rooms very quickly. The rooms were of a boutique style and always cleaned and presented well. As it's not a particularly big hotel, they have tried to pack in as many sun beds as possible around the pool area, meaning that you are packed in like sardines around the pool. The pool itself was freezing. The hotel uses solar heating panels for its hot water supply, it's a shame the use of these isn't extended to warm the pool. The drinks selection was limited to beer, red and white wine (served in plastic cups), gin and vodka. Anything else requires payment, as not part of the 'all inclusive' deal. The majority of the staff were friendly. although reception staff should be more informed of what is available to guests in the surrounding areas. We found out most things by accident from other guests. The food was very disappointing, and I'm not a fussy eater but chips for breakfast and other strange choices meant that often we were all just eating an awful lot of bread and eggs for the entire week. We were very very unlucky with the weather as there was torrential rain throughout most of our stay, which served to highlight the lack of amenities within the hotel. There are only so many times you can watch BBC World News on a rainy day! The Turkish Bath is a worthwhile experience and would I recommend this. On the whole a good hotel, but the food needs drastic improvement and the pool needs to be heated.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top of the hotel have sloping ceilings and very limited head space.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed at the AES club hotel In the first 2 weeks of september, with my boyfriend ( both 22).
We were very nervous about Turkey as heard mixed reviews but am pleased to say we were made up !! .. you never know what to book when reading mixed reviews on here so i will be as honest as possible.

Staff-
On arrival staff were very pleasent and hotel had a lovely atmosphere, taken straight to our room to settle in and were in time for late night soup! The staff couldnt have been better here, and really made the trip special. They really made the effort to get to know everyone and would call you by your name which was a nice touch. Sometimes their english was a struggle but it never caused an issue and we found they were teaching us new words too!!
All staff work very hard and are always smiling!! always ready to help and have a joke at the same time. The owner remembered our names and where we were from and come and chat away.

Entertainment-
There was something different every single night - and we found ourselves arranging our night around what the hotel was offering. It got everyone in a good mood and there were even very interactive nights. music quiz- shows - bingo - kareoke. The entertainment team Cihan, Ronaldo and hande were brill - again knew the activites everyone wanted to play ans wouldnt push you into partaking if you didnt wish. They would greet you at the top of the stairs before dinner and come and socialise with you. Every morning when they started you heard - 'good morning' which made everyone without doubt smile. Nearly forgot water polo - the time of the day where for an hour all the men played and got very competative - giving the women that hour of peace as we sat, watched and - laughed !!

Food-
I am a fussy eater and i always found something i liked. There was an egg/pancake station in the morning and the expected breckfast foods. Lunch was good aways fresh salad/fruit and pastas soup rice and main dishes. If you were not hungry at lunch or didnt find something there was a snack bar right by the pool serving burgers,toasties,pizza, chips and freshly made bread ( the women made it in front of you). at 5 tea ans cake was served again a nice touch after a long day by the pool. Dinner there was always a main dish being freshly cooked and enough choice to happily find something you enjoyed. There was a range of desserts also. overall cant complain!

Drinks-
This is the only part i would suggest may be improved, there was wine, beer, vodka and a few other spirits - which after 2 weeks got a little samey - more variety would have been good but im sure they will at some stage.

Room-
room very clean and very modern - good size with a sweet little balcony - perfect for hanging towels and playing cards in the evening. There was a television and really good air con. We really liked that the water in our fridge was refilled every day and we never had to ask for it. cleaning staff very good.

Grounds-
No doubt this is a beautiful hotel - new clean modern and set in a lovely location - you can see the hills around you from all angles it really is beautiful! - there is a kids club there a smaller pool and the main pool. The main pool was a good size and plenty of sun loungers even when busy. They provide clean towels every day if you like. My partner being fair did struggle at times to keep shaded as the sun moves around alot but after a few days we got into a pattern. There is a poolside shower, and lie lows provided which we all had fun with. Bar is right by the pool so getting drinks was easy.

Location-
at the end of the road there is a road full of shops and a 10 min walk to a big 'azda'. There is a good english pub/resturant at the end of the road of the hotel called mirage- showing football for the boys. There is a nice beauty salon next door for the ladies which is so cheap - £5 for a pedicure!! and £3 for a foot massage. I went several times. You can get little shuttle buses to the main town which is about a 15 minute walk again for 2 people it cost about £1.50 - or £3 in a private taxi. There was lots to do there - camel riding, portrait paintings - cocktails everywhere!! and resturants galore!! Costellos was a nice choice and good mix of food for the price of a maccy ds. The fakes there are everywhere in every shop- make sure you get them down on the price or they will have you!! .. There is a big market on a tuesday and again a little bus goes from the top of the road. There is a bus that leaves from the hotel everyday at 10.30- returns at 4.30 to billys beach - which was a lovely day out. There are so many day trips available all for rather cheap. We paid about £20 each for a day trip which picked us up at 8.30 from the hotel and came home at 7.30. we were on a boat all day and went to turtle beach and fed turtles - swam in the med - went to mud baths and a thermal spa and it included lunch !! brill value!!..

Extra info -
Take english as they accpet english most places and they get a better exchange rate. Always lower the prices or just go to someone that will !! .. go for evening walks up to the town as there is so much to see and do and the atmosphere is lovely. If your not happy with something at the hotel just ask they are happy to help!!

Turkish Bath-
There is a lovely spa which my boyfriend and i went to for our anniversary and the man who runs it is so so so lovely!! It was £20 each and it incuded a traditional turkish bath and scrub and mini massage - sauna - face masks - then full body massage. It was such a lovely treat and takes around an hour we were so relxed after and its a really romantic thing to do while your there. There is a lady who comes in to do hair/ nails and facials most days again very resonable - they all make you feel very safe and not concious at all. This def gave the hotel an added quality.

Right i think thats most of it. We both agreed we will be back this year we loved it so much and the people we spoke to in the hotel all said they would return! we met a lovely set of welsh couples some lovely brummies and made very good friends with Hannah and Jamie our essex couple !! .. which made the holiday even better!! We want to say a huge huge thankyou to all at Aes Club - good luck (hopefully see you all next year)

All our Love Charlotte and Sam xxx

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Aes Club Hotel? Share your experiences!