“Second to none” 5 of 5 stars

Kenan Evren Bulv. 67 Sok. No:4, Icmeler, Turkey   |
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Icmeler
“Second to none”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Returned home 2 weeks ago from Icmeler. We have been visiting Icmeler twice a year for the past 10 years. Visited many restaurants in the resort but Bonjour is always my favourite. The food, service and cleanliness is second to none. Special mention to the staff, Jerry (Celal), Ben, Bayram and others whose names I don't know. See you again in July guys x

• Stayed May 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is not too busy, unlike the self catering ones I have been to in the last few years.This means you get a more personalised service throughout your stay.The food & accommodation are excellent,as is Icmeler itself.I don't think I should give it to good a review as I might not get a vacancy next time I book.Honestly this is such good value for money, I will be returning twice a year

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have just returned from a beautiful wk at the Bonjour the hotel is really lovely and the staff are excellent especially Jill who couldn't be more helpful. The food and the cleanliness of the Bonjour are second to none highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

16th May to 25th May 2013 - We had actually booked the sister hotel Ida but on arrival, due to our late booking, was told the Ida was full and we would be staying at 'Hotel Bonjour'. We arrived in a private taxi at night to be greeted by hotel staff to take our luggage from the taxi and show us to reception. 'Jill' the Receptionist kindly showed me two rooms, a twin and a double to choose from. The Bonjour is actually more expensive than the Ida with larger balconies and a kettle with coffee and tea provided which is replenished daily. Our room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and bed linen. Dined at both Bonjour and Ida which the service and quality of food was excellent. I have to say we did venture to eat elsewhere on several occasions and soon realised these two restaurants offered a high standard. The staff at both hotels were very welcoming and friendly, they should always be treated with the greatest of respect as they work so hard and especially long hours. One morning I did not go with my husband for breakfast, we had just woken and I was not hungry, probably from eating out late the night before! My husband returned to our room with a Turkish breakfast sent by the restaurant staff, Bennie', very thoughtful. The pool area is lovely with ample amount of sun beds, 'Nico' looks after you here and is very cheerful and helpful and will take your orders from your sunbed, if not too busy.
A few tips:-
change sterling to Lira at the supermarket opposite the Bonjour, much better rate than changing in UK.
If you are prone to mosquito bites ensure to wear protective spray before going near the canal strip.
We took a boat trip from the nearby harbour which cost £9 per person, you leave at 10am return approx 4.30pm, lunch is provided, you have various stops to swim etc. very good value for money.
(Our overall experience was very enjoyable. Will no doubt visit again. Thank you staff at Bonjour for a fabulous stay! )

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've just come back from a a 2 week stay at this hotel. I was a bit worried as we've always gone all inclusive before and mostly stayed at the Aqua, but my worries were quickly put to rest on arrival. Friendly staff to great us at 1.30am and drinks and food were available to us if we wanted them.
The rooms were sparkling clean and of a good size. We had the 2 bedroom apartment for the first week, which was very spacious for 4 of us and my granddaughter (18 months) to run around. The second week we had decided to move to a room as me and my husband were staying for the second week. I have problems walking but with everything within easy reach of each other it wasn't a problem getting around. It's quiet there, away from the loud bars by the canal, which is a bonus, if like me you need your sleep.
The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. They interacted with all of us and were brilliant with my granddaughter.
We had bed and breakfast the second week and it was a choice of English or Turkish, we sampled both and they were great. We also ate In the restaurant every other night and were never disappointed. Fantastic food and I'm very fussy when it comes to my food.
Overall a superb place to stay, outshone the Aqua Hotel in many areas. We loved it so much that have booked 5 rooms already for October when more of the family will be coming out with us.
The Bonjour and its sister Ida are really worth a visit, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Have stayed in the Hotel Bonjour for the last 10 years and it just keeps getting better. We wouldnt dream of staying anywhere else. The welcoming staff and service are the best. The position right in the centre of Icmeler close to bars restaurants and shops with a few minutes to the beach is excellent. The restaurant serves fabulous food at very reasonable prices we ate here nearly every night. All the rooms and apartments have pool views so cant go wrong there. The private transfer was brilliant got us there in no time so worth having the peace of mind with that especially when you hear stories about transfers not turning up. Thanks to everyone there we will continue to have our holidays at the Bonjour for many more years to come.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I agree with most things other people have said about this hotel, but there a few exceptions.
1, Booked to stay in the sister hotel next door,due to the owner having spare rooms in the Bonjour he closed the Ida hotel. We had no advanced notification of this.
2. The rooms are small (404) ie wardrobe, 2ft gap then 1x single bed, then a small bedside cabinet, then 1x single bed then less than a foot to the balcony window.
3.The views are restricted due to the hotels side by side, it is possible to look across to the other hotels balcony. On the bottom floor of the Ida there are two rooms/balconies that restaurant customers walk past to use the toilets.
4. We ate mainly in the Ida as we liked the staff,but both hotels share the same kitchen.
5. There are no pool depth markings around the pool.
6. On settling our bill there was none of the usual Turkish thank you from the owner that we have had in our other visits to Turkey.
7. Finally,as other people have already said, the food,cleanliness,location were very good.
8. We would not use this hotel again due to the size of the rooms and the friendliness of the owner even though the food,staff, cleanliness of hotel were very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bonjour? Share your experiences!