“Another great time at the Palm Garden” 5 of 5 stars

You added Palm Garden Apartments to your Saves list
Palm Garden Apartments
Golenye Mahallesi Golenye | caddesi No:7, Icmeler 48720, Turkey   |
Angus
“Another great time at the Palm Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just back from another excellent holiday at the Palm Garden Apartments. There appears to be a very small minority of the reviewers have a chip on their shoulder and if they do not get "molly coddled" they write a bad review. From our experience we found the Owners and their staff very friendly and would come over and have a chat with you when relaxing in the restaurant area even when not ordering drinks or food. Our room was well kept with towels being changed daily and I certainly did not see or smell (as I have a very sensitive nose as far as cigarette smoke is concerned) any sign of any of the cleaners smoking as they did their work. We were never pushed into eating in the restaurant and when we did we found that the quality and value of the food was excellent and hot meals were always piping hot. The pool area and slides are great and secure for children. This was our 5th visit to Icmeler and the second year running at the Palm Garden and of the four apartments we have stayed in this is by far the very best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Angus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at Palm Gardens, in total there were 15 of us travelling together this year ages ranging from 5 to 65. Ali and Sebastian are very lovely brothers who will help make your holiday special ! We had a few late nights up chatting with Sebastian who always had lots of interesting stories to tell (my Turkish dad lol !! ) The staff, hats off to them for all the long hours they put in, young Ali what an amazing friendly guy who always had a smile for you, Memhet was great with the kids, Mertcan lovely flower, love heart shapes cut out of fruit on our lunch plates, Shane great entertainment guy, wish you all the best for the army !!! Semih so sad you left during our stay, what a lovely guy!! Kazim great bar tender who also left us and then Yusuf also nice boy. During our stay we went to all the party nights mainly because the kids enjoyed them and if they are happy it makes for any easy life, the entertainment at the hotel was much superior to any entertainment we seen out and about as most of it was dancing bar men! On the last party night we opted for food off the main menu other than the set menu. We also ate lunches every 2nd day, breakfast twice and dinner a couple of times, we had no problems at all with any if the food, I loved the tuna salad at lunch times !! Prices for food were very reasonable. The apartments were swept, floor washed and surfaces cleaned every day, also clean towels everyday. The pool side and pool were also cleaned every day all areas were spotless ! The sun loungers were plentiful as well as the umbrellas. We found the apartments very safe especially with having kids as there was only one small gate out and in which was in eye of reception and the bar. Ali tells me that there will be some changes to the attic studio apartments for next year with a new balcony so they are like the other floors so you can sit and admire the lovely views and not a solid wall !! The apartments are closely situated to the main street, and only a 5min walk to the beach, once you walk onto the main street you can flag down a bus to take you to marmaris 2.5ltr each if a child sits on your knee they are free. We will be booking to come again to this hotel next October as The schools in Angus Scotland have a 2 week break then and totally love everything about these apartments ! I really cannot understand people who give these apartments very negative comments, firstly I think it would be courteous to speak to Ali at the time instead of waiting to get home and write on trip advisor, if you want a one bedroom apartment then pay the extra when booking !!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cardiff south wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

hi me and my hubby and 2 kids stayed here in oct once we arrived at the palm gardens we were shown to our rooms which were very bright clean and modern we arrived late at night and we just crashed out and went to sleep after travelling most of the day , the kids loved the pool and slides was very clean indeed , we tried the food havin breakfasts sunday lunch and trying the bbq night on the saturday evening ,and 2 other evenings we were asked to go to the bbq night on the wed but i explained that we had already booked a table else where as we were goin home the next night and planned to have one more meal out and and then have the last meal at palm garden when we didnt book the wed meal i felt that we were ignored and wasent spoken to which really didnt bother us we just had meals out then but in all fairness we did spend quite alot of money on breakfasts lunches and 2 evening meals so i really didnt see what the problem was, i would however reccommend this place to ppl the rooms are spotless the maids come in every day are very friendly the pool is amazing and the slides we did have a good time and would return to icmeler again alos to mention when eating out at night go and have a meal at amigoes we went here all the time the staff were amazing the food was outstanding and its got a free kids area we spent most days here .

Room Tip: we were on the 3 rd floor had a great view of over the pool .
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hitchin, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

this is our 5th visit to icmeler and the best of all. the apartments are beautiful and exceptionally clean. great size and everything u need . the food in the resturant is wonderful and the staff are accomidating and friendly, they have even gone out of their way to provide english breakfast and sunday roast to our liking its just like being at home. . the manager and his family are WARM and FRIENDLY and make u feel like u are part of them, he takes GREAT PRIDE in EVERY aspect of his business and some of these other comments on reviews are spiteful and faulse !!! it ANGERS me to see this man and his business slated as he is a lovely GENTLEMAN and the apartments are wonderful. the cleaning staff visit every day clean bedding every other day and ur property is respected and safe. the pool is great with shallower end and deeper, the two flumes are great fun and the kids love it. this is a family orientated apartment but several older couples return every year so it is a tranqual setting for all. we will be returning again and again this is by far the best quality and service and most wonderful family run hotel we have ever stayed as frequent travellers and now im home i miss it so much already! so many people /new friends we have met while staying here and i haven't heard so much as a whisper of anything negative. you are encouraged to go out and explore the town life and all its charm and culture and the trips we had an amazing two weeks visiting turtle beach, meeting the dolphins and a kiss too. the turkish bath and massage inc facial i had pampered from head to toe is out of this world. i look forward to all year round a real must do. i have one each week while im on holiday. im a big fan. overall this resort and apartments are exqusite! serene atmosphere and to see the turkish dancers, acts, breakdancers, belly dancers etc is great entertainment. the food is amazing and good value too. nice quiet resort and apartments is just off from main street of shops and bars so u don't suffer much noise in evenings. ali and his team are wonderful and if u want the best most relaxing holiday come stay at this appartment you wont regret it! i may even see u by the pool myself.

Room Tip: STUDIO apartments are on top floor so if u are with a disability you would be better going for a 1 B...
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The overall experience of this hotel was not good for me and my parents who have frequented Icmeler holidays and hotels for the last 6 years. I was assured by them that this was an exception to the rule as they normally have a wonderful experience with their previous visits, but this being my first time I cant compare.
Our room was described as a studio which was basically a bedroom and kitchenette in one room and toilet and bathroom in the other, not suitable for three adults especially when my fold-out chair bed at the foot of my parents bed was really only suitable for a ten year old, not a grown man.
We chose to spend our day on the beach where it was quieter followed by a rest at the hotel, then out for a different restaurant meal each night, followed by the many bars Icmeler has to offer.
This did not sit well with the owner Ali who was described by the tour rep as being 'possessive about his guests'. This manifested itself during our stay by initially encouraging us to stay and eat in the hotel grounds for various activities, so we did endure 2 average meals that were cold and not as good as the local restaurants. The second occasion's entertainment involved poorly organised activities followed by the humilliation of an unfortunate teenage man who had ice water poured down his shorts followed by being thrown in the pool, subsequently flooding his phone he had in his pocket.
I was pestered twice by one of the sons who works there as to why I wasn't buying alcohol (I don't drink for health reasons) and left to go to my room due to this unwanted attention I as am sensitive about this attitude to alcohol that I frequently endure back home so not wanting to make a fuss I retired early to my bed.
For the rest of the stay the owner refused to engage in conversation taking opportunities to look at us distainfully before walking away, usually after throwing the room key across the desk. We did try on a daily basis to talk to him but he seemed uncomfortable, distracted and annoyed in our presence.
This was followed through by the staged disappearance he and his staff demonstrated when we were collected from the hotel on our departure. During the week we observed them all waving goodbye and helping with cases when guests left, however we were left alone while the staff and manager hid behind reception in a back room. On making a comment to the tour rep about this she looked through us making absolutely no aknowledgement of our comments, rustled her agenda, then hurried us onto the coach. I would problably do the same if I worked for a typically pedestrian tour company like hers!
The hotel grounds were relatively clean, the towels were changed every day, the bed sheets were turned more than they were changed (apparent by my ever-present footprints on the sheets due to me having to climb over the bed to get about our room). The bathroom was not cleaned at all in the second week and the staff cleaning the room smoked while they did so.
The pool area was invaded early morning by the endless families that frequented the hotel dragging sun loungers around at about 7 in the morning keeping everyone else awake. The hotel is ideal for young families, there were many there who spent all day at the hotel shouting, smoking, and generally ensuring they personally got their own needs met regardless of other people around them. The children had a great time throwing missiles, walking up the water slide, throwing water at everyone and generally tearing up and down the corridors all day and night banging on doors and screaming. Each to their own, and this is exactly why we choose to take ourselves away from this situation and go to the beach and to the many wonderful restaurants and bars in Icmeler. We came away to unwind and relax and for my parents to get some well earned respite and not to be treated unfairly.
The manager's attitude is appalling as I choose to spend my well-earned money, (that I have saved up all year for) where I want to and don't appreciate the emotional 'racketteering' demonstrated by this man and his team. This hotel is ideal for couples and families who spend all holiday sat in the hotel, you will be treated like royalty, however, for the rest of us that are not taken in by the illusion of the 'false friendship' that appears to be fuelled by greed and money, I suggest you give it some thought before booking in here, you really need to be thick skinned (or maybe just plain thick will do!)

Room Tip: Rooms at the lower ground are cooler, the upper floors are like a bread oven, however, the lower flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Leeds
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have just got back having spent two weeks at the Palm Garden Apartments and we will not go back to this place for a number of reasons . Firstly we were given a small room on the ground floor for me, my wife and my adult son, there was no bedroom all of us in just one small triangle. Secondly because we chose not to eat in the restaurant, having had two evening meals at the start of our stay we found the food was of poor quality as well as being surrounded by other guests smoking throughout evening. We did not use the pool facilities during the day because all the sunbeds had been taken by daylight however we preferred to walk to the beach which was our choice. The owner Ali soon began to totally ignore us, for example when we went for our room key he never spoke or looked us in the face just threw the key on the counter, despite trying to hold some kind of conversation with him and his staff we were totally ignored. I think he is a rude and very ignorant individual and Thomson’s should give him a guide on how to treat guests. The rep was not interested and said he was a little possessive about his guests which I find totally unacceptable . On the cleanliness side the towels were changed every day and the bed linen every other day which was good however the sink, bath and floor were never cleaned in two weeks. Having said all that we did not allow it to spoil the holiday, Icmeler is a beautiful place.

orpington kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

kenny and I stayed in the aparts this year with our 13 year grand daughter brittannie we all had a brilliant time there, food was outstanding (britt tells me best chips in icemeler). Linen and towels changed dailey, we had room 307 over looking pool with a balcony, all staff are hand picked by owner Ali who we have know for 8 year plus , little ali bar manager is always polite and helpful and been there since the begining, cheeky shane lovely, memhet what can you say english not as good as other members of staff but he was still very helpfull, bar man cousion (strong man) britts big brother new how to mix a virgin cocktail for her with sparklers. Food wise you have got to have the chateau briand Ali cooks it at the table beautifull. pasta dishes are beautifull there as well . other restaurant i would recommend are florida, karem (down by majestic) only small but home cooked food and again beautill , lighthouse and love boat. we stayed at apartments 17th sept till 01 oct 2012 weather still hot, hot. we normally travel as a couple this year we had brit with us,but there seemed to be a lot more smaller children dont know if thats because school holidays have changed. draw back of going to icemeler is the transfer time from the airport thompsons says 2hrs but its anything between 2 and half hrs and 4hrs it took us longer to get from dalaman airport to the apartments than it did from gatwick to dalaman we were on the coach at 1pm and arrived at 5pm which completley put a dampner on our holiday and speaking to other people they also had the same experiance (so beware)

Room Tip: if you can climb stairs i would say go for 307 and ask for a view of the pool if not lower levels bu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Palm Garden Apartments? Share your experiences!