“would defo go again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mersoy Exclusive Aqua Resort

You added Mersoy Exclusive Aqua Resort to your Saves list
Mersoy Exclusive Aqua Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kayabal Cad No 60, Icmeler 48720, Turkey (Formerly Mersoy Exclusive)   |
Ranked #53 of 93 Hotels in Icmeler
midlands
“would defo go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I booked the mersoy after staying in june there. As i like to eat out aswell felt good value for money. When we arrived the man on reception recognised me and said he was sorry but we had been moved to the sister hotel the oriental. I was not happy as heard people complaining in june about it . I voiced my opinion and he assured me we could come back in the morning if we were not happy. Well I was expecting a room with just 3 beds in. My friend was allocated her room and my room was an appartment. two bedrooms and a lounge. Even better right by the pool and next to the bar.
The only problem we had was the aircontioning in lounge sometimes poured out with water but once we reported it they were straight there
There was a slide to entertain the kids but if you end up there make sure u dont sit next to it or opposite as that was entertainment in itself. Sunbeds were easy available by pool up to about ten o'clock.
The food was ok and the alcohol was not watered down
The staff up at the oriental were fab so friendly and helpful always got a smile even though worked long hours.
def recommend the turkish bath at the mersoy. Ive had a few over the years and this was the first time I felt not on a production line the girl and lad made it fun and they never stopped smiling
In the past have found the polish ignorant but not this time we had them next door and were a group of them and we had a great time with them also getting to know others.
I have stayed in quite a few places in icmeler over the years and would defo come back to the mersoy. there are many nice restaurants about and the beach 2 mins away. Kids enjoyed the midnight swims as they got to go on the inflateable for free

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Although a great location, dreadful hotel. I think after seeing reviews on here and talking to other people we met, we must have got the most awful room in the hotel. Our first allocated room was immediately above reception with a balcony looking onto the main street and as we arrived at 11.30 pm we did not really appreciate the competition from which bar could play their music the loudest, the second room (the only other one available) we were moved to was a quieter location overlooking the pool but unfortunately the room I can only describe as a seedy motel room. We had mould in our bathroom which smelt damp, a dripping air conditioning unit on to the bedside table, a leaning wardrobe which looked like it was about to fall over. An adjoining door into our very very noisy neighbours room (say no more!), a balcony which only one person at a time could go on to. On our first morning we were awoken by banging doors, cleaners, banging of cutlery and plates in the dining room, loud people shouting, not exactly relaxing!! The whole hotel needs a total refurbishment. The food was limited choice however acceptable, dining area could have been better though, OK if you like dirty table cloths and no air conditioning. There are some nice restraunts close by though. Do recommend the turkish massage in the Mersoy Bellavista, you could always dream for a while that you weren't staying in such a dreaful bedroom. Icmeler is a lovely place, however this hotel is not. We did eventually get moved to another hotel and were able to relax and enjoy the rest of our stay. If you are unlucky enough to stay at this hotel, do not accept room number 1113. We know you only get what you pay for and have never had reason to complain or move before, but we have paid the same or less to stay in much better quality hotels than this one.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
rersoy76, Owner at Mersoy Exclusive Aqua Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am sorry for your experience. If the management was let known by the fact that you are not fond of your room, we would be more than happy to change you to another room. As much as I respect your review, I should say that Mersoy Exclusive Hotel is renovated in Year 2008. It is one of the best hotels in this region in terms of location and the renovation. Unfortunately it seems that you were given a connect room- which we have only 2 of those rooms only in the hotel- and your neighbors happened to be quiet noisy. Sorry about that. I assure you that all aspects of the hotel and the rooms of Mersoy Exclusive are renovated in year 2008. And we really have very happy guests in Summer 2010 and I am hoping that we will improve the customer satisfaction even further next year in Summer 2011.

Thanks for your feedback.

Riza Ersoy
Managing Director- Owner
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We were transferred to the Mersoy at the last minute instead of the Litera deluxe. What a result. The Litera has possibly the most negative rated reviews on tripadvisor. Being transferred to the Mersoy was a great way to start our 11 day holiday. On first impressions it is pretty pleasing to the eyes. Not an ostentacious foyer by any means but just small and pleasant. The room itself was 3* and the bathroom definitely a 4*. The aircon was free for the duration which was bliss considering it is an absolute necessity to have on 24/7. You must pay for use of the room safe but we didn't bother. The food is adequately cooked and you really shouldn't go hungry but saying that ,it can get incredibly repetitive to the point of becoming boring. There is always more than enough though. Drinks are easily the best value on all inclusive. I rarely had to queue for more than 30 seconds to get any of my drinks.....even at the height of dinner time. Unfortunately Turkey has caught up with it's European cousins in regards to price. Where in the past you could walk into any restaurant and leave fully fed and watered for next to nothing this time we found ourselves weighing up prices at virtually every out side restaurant we went to. Because of the repetitiveness of the Mersoys food we had to go out to eat at least every 3 days.
I have one great recommendation the Asya restaurant situated ironically in front of the Litera deluxe. They do delicious soup like Keli Paca. Iskembe, lentil, etc as well as the Turkish pizzas such as Lacmahun (Lack Ma Shun) (very thin wrap, with lamb and herbs spread all over which costs approx £0.80pence. Or it's more substantial cousin Pide (Pid Deh) approx £2.10pence...along with the usual suspects of Lamb kebabs etc etc.....Every single person/family we recommended this restaurant to, were very grateful for the choice of being able to eat very good but cheap food as an alternative to the Mersoy.
The Mersoys location is incredibly handy for the beach. no more than a 2 minute walk away. As nice as the beach is it seems to be carved up among the hotels (Including the Mersoy) so if you accidently wander into another hotels sunbed area you will immediately be accosted by that hotels beach boys who will either charge you £2.00 for the privilege of sitting down on their sunbeds as well as insisting that you purchase all your food and drink through them. Even the mersoys boys tried to con me into paying for one of their sunbeds.
Icmeler has lost a lot of it's charm. It used to be a very pleasurable experience walking down the streets with no hassle from the shop owners........Eight years since I was last here it has unfortunately follwed the rest of Turkey in hassling you at literally every single shop/restaurant/bar/clothes outlet that you pass. I have a well practiced method in dealing with this: Walk with my head down. That at least avoids eye contact which they almost demand off you.
Saying though. I went to Marmaris for a couple of hours and was I relieved to come back to the relative sanity of Icmeler?

All in all I did really enjoy my time at the Mersoy....Met some great friends and had many laughs as well as chillouts and bookreading time. My daughter fell in love with the place and my Wife thoroughly relaxed throughout the entire holiday.(Something she rarely ever does)
The Mersoy is mainly Russian, along with Germans and Dutch as well as quite a few English....Not many childless couples, but there were a few. Nice little pool with a toddler area barred off in one corner.

Waiters and staff are very friendly...although the food servers looked as bored as it was possible to get.

In a nut shell definitely not a five star but perfectly comfortable with more than enough room to swing a cat in. Clean and functioning with little or no frills

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Went to this hotel last year with my mum and was disappointed. The actual location was good as it was close to the sea/shops etc. However, the hotel could have been better. Firstly, the food choices were very limited and could be better quality; there were very few vegetarian options. Both of us actually lost weight while we there as we basically just ate salad.
Also, there were never enough sun lounges on any of the days we were there, some people would claim them early on by putting on towels and leaving for the day which I found very selfish.
All in all it was a basic hotel and I'm sure there are better ones to choose.

P.S I personnally wouldn't recommend this part of Turkey as it is influenced a lot by tourists. It is better if you see the "real" Turkey as you can fully appreciate the culture.

• Stayed July 2009
sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

we booked this hotel before we read the reviews. after reading what other people thought we realised we had made a mistake. how wrong were we! the hotel was clean, friendly, and had a wonderful location. dining is quite informal, i have had better food in other hotels but it wasnt bad.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
West Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I dont normally write reviews but as this hotel has had mixed reviews, I thought I would put my opinion in.

The staff were helpful on arrival and we were shown to our room. I must admit, we were a little dissapointed at the room but it was very clean so we decided to stay put. I think they just need modernising as they are very dark.

Food - If you enjoy salads, you will love the variaty they offer. I lived on these where as my partnter struggled as he's not a salad muncher! I can somewhat understand that there are a few moans about the food as it does get very repeatative but it is edible. It probably isnt to the british taste but after all, you are in Turkey!! If you want egg and chips every day, stay at home!

I strongly disagree with the previous statement about the staff being rude. They were very friendly and always chatty. But maybe the cause of why they felt they were rude is because they are jusy bloomin shattered as most of them work 12hr shifts, 7 days a week!

Being British, I get extremely annoyed when people go abroad and expect things to be like it is at home..... the best thing to do is remember there will always be cultural differences but you its down to you too to try and blend... it shouldnt always be one sided.

Anyway rant over!!! One thing I would strongly recommend is that if you have pre-paid for a transfer to the airport, chase them like mad as they were a bit slow in letting us know when we would be picked uo. But again, reception helped us with this.

All in all - good location, food ok, rooms basic but cleaned every day. Would go back.

P.S get used to the badgering when walking about at night but if you say no thank you if you're not interested, they are fine

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
annmarie1946
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I have just returned from this hotel and was pleasantly surprised as we booked a late cheap deal and didnt expect too much. On arrival we were greated in a friendly manner and given 2 rooms on the third floor, one overlooking pool and the other the main road.
The hotel is situated yards from the sea front and within easy walking distance to all the resort attractions. The dolmus bus to neighbouring Marmaris can be flagged down outside the hotal and runs every 5 mins. We booked bed and breakfast and this consisted of cold meats and salads, toast, cereals fruit juice tea coffee and a omlette station near the pool. The staff were all very helpful and couldnt do enough. The safe in the room was charged at £15 per week but itwas worth it for peace of mind. The air conditioning was free. The rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels and bedding. In all this was a very good well situated although basic hotel. The bistro at the hotel was good and the staff fantastic. The pool area was small but nice and the views from the rooms fantastic of the mountains. We will certainly go again

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Mersoy Exclusive Aqua Resort? Share your experiences!