“Alinda blue Rainbow” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 92 Hotels in Icmeler
Scarboro
“Alinda blue Rainbow”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I went with a friend to the Alinda ex blue Rainbow in Sept. This must be the worst. Hotel I have stayed at. The room was not clean, broken furniture. Fridge black fungus in ice tray, towels dirty, bedding had holes. We helped p ourselves to cleaner towels from the cleaners trolley which was left in the hall way.We were suppose to be all inclusive. However had only 4 drinks in 8 days wine like cheap sherry vile, ran out of gin, told to go to Alinda beach across the road. Bar was closed. No room round the pool area. As same people took beds on either side and moved with the sun. We went to the beach on Alinda section to be charged 10 lira each. We could get a free bed and brolly at Coco Beach if you buy a drink, went there every day after that. Food poor same old thing most days. Dirty dining room. We had Turkish tummy for two days and heard others who were worse than us . My advise is don't go. Icmeler is fabulous lots of lovely hotels. We were unlucky!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have just come back from the Alinda, myself, 3 yr old son and my sister and mum. We had a fantastic holiday and have an open mind about the hotel. First of all the staff are lovely, especially Bilal in reception, he made such a fuss of my son and nothing was too much trouble and the same can be said for the other staff aswell. Our room was in the blue rainbow building and although the room was basic it was very clean and tidied daily, we were lucky as i had clean towels daily! The main building is very dated, and the resturant was often full which was annoying. The food was basic, presented lovely and tasty but not much choice at all. Chicken was served daily but in different ways! We ate out quite a bit which we didnt mind. We paid very little for the hotel so i think it was just about worth the money, the new part of the building is gorgeous!! Very modern and comfortable. Icmeler is amazing well worth a visit, i would stay at the hotel again but id like to be in the new building!

Room Tip: Go to the newer side of the hotel if you can
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Huddersfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Ok, this hotel is not as bad as everyone is saying however it's not great.
The all inclusive food is ok. The chefs do a great job with what they have. It's just very repetitive and the dining room isn't very clean. There also isn't enough places for everyone to sit. There's signs saying not to take food or drinks to your room but sometimes there's nowhere else to sit. We ate out a lot due to this.
Our room was spotless. We stayed for a week and had clean sheets and towels every other day.
The hotel is very dated and is in urgent need of refurbishment. But this is throughout the hotel not just the bedrooms. We paid pennies for the hotel so we didn't expect anything different.
Almost all of the staff are wonderful. Really helpful and friendly. Made a real effort to talk to us and others. Even to some of the incredibly rude and ignorant English people that seem to think if a Turkish person (in turkey!!) can't speak or understand good English then they're a moron. To be honest, some of my fellow English made me feel ashamed and embarrassed by the way they spoke to people and generally just moaned about things. Seemed happy to moan but not prepared to do anything positive to change anything.
I wouldn't go back to the alinda hotel, but I had a good time and I got what I paid for so I can't complain.

Stayed October 2013
Ebbw Vale, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We go away every year we have been to icemeler for the last 4 years stayed at the alinda / blue rainbow this September 2013 the room we were allocated had blood on the pillows and bed spread I think it was used by the staff really dirty we complained to the night staff and was told there was nothing he could do till the day management arrived the time now was 04.00am we slept on the sofa in the lobby till management arrived 08.00am we were given a room about 10.00am after someone checked out the only thing going for this room was the view overlooking the beach the food is mainly Turkish all rather on the cold side including the chips staff were unpleasant two hotels alinda and the alinda /blue rainbow every one eats in the rainbow and the two hotels share the rainbow pool as it's the only one with sunshine throughout the day there seems to be two different colour wrist bands orange if you are Turkish and blue for everyone else with orange you have free sun beds free burgers and chips and ice cream in between lunch and evening meal if you have a blue one you will have to pay 10 lira each for a beach sun bed also you will not be allowed burgers etc two tie system in place we were in a all inclusive hotel taking our duty free drink to the pool side to have a decent alcoholic drink to rate at 1 star It would be complimentary of me I am 63 years old I have been to hotels 2 star and upwards this was the lowest of them all icemeler is a lovely place just stay somewhere else beware before booking.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our room was basic, the air conditioning was awful in the room everytime I turned it on I thought it was going to explode. I was having a wee nosy behind the beds and stuff and it was minging, there was big wires coming out of walls etc and it was mouldy and to be fair I'm surprised my room wasn't bombarded with cockroaches. Shower was terrible, everytime I had one I thought I was back down at my local swimming pool. My room was cleaned 3/7 which I was so annoyed at. Manager was so rude. I was told from security to be quiet when I came in drunk but hey what do you expect, that was my fault.

Food was disgusting. I ate melon from the fruit table for the whole week I was there & maybe the occasional plate of chips which were quite nice, I enjoyed the bar because obviously it was all inclusive, not a lot of choice though but that didn't stop me from having my vodka and lemonades constantly.

I loved most of the staff like rocky Harry Omer mehmet Salem! They were my favourite especially rocky and Harry they were always up for having a laugh which put you at ease. Mehmet works at the bar mostly and he's such a wee peanut always smiling. Omer was good looking and so was Salem but they couldn't hardly speak English. Gutted.

But yeh this hotel is not so great only thing good about it was strong vodkas, my view of the beach and the waiters!! Room 216 was the best woooooo

Room Tip: Take your own mop
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We arrived at 1:30 am, the receptionist never spoke to us or gave us any info on meal times, or that we had to cross the road for our meals. The room was nice but after 2 days it began to smell of poo. Spent 10 days at the hotel, room wasn't cleaned, had to ask for clean towels 3 times and toilet roll was a no no. The hair dryer got that hot my advice would be to take an oven mitt with you to hold it. Their is 2 standards of all inclusive, Turkish and the rest of the world. The Turkish got icecreams when they wanted, the rest of us were not allowed them. The Turkish got to order food at 4 o'clock, the rest of us had stale cake. The food was diabolical and cold so spent most of my holiday money eating out. Would i go back, not even if the holiday was free

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brentwood, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We arrived at 2.00am and the first room we went in we came straight out, it was damp and dingy and there were used towels left in the bathroom. The beds looked awful three cramped next to each other. We were moved to another which was only slightly better and we stayed the night because of the hour and they said they would find another room for us the next day, even though they said the hotel was full! Stock answer obviously. We were found another room, two days later which had a bigger bathroom and a double and single bed so slightly more room. The bathroom was just as filthy, mould on the shower head and around the shower, broken tiles and gaps in the ceiling where the tiles hadnt been fitted properly. There were cleaners who did wash the floor most days and left a couple of small towels and made the beds, but that was it, the rooms were shabby and uncared for, we left our clothes in the suitcases as we knew they were clean. The only good thing was the view from the balcony which was of the bay and you have Icmeler to thank for that. Outside the pool had mould around the edge of the pool and the cleaner just threw the chlorine mix in and left it all over the edges of the pool for people to walk on. They obviously didnt use enough as it was black and mouldy around the inside. As you walked down the side of the hotel towards the beach there was a gate with steps leading up to the outside dining area, this was closed because they had dumped old chairs and tables and general rubbish there, there was even a plastic pipe attached to some water overflow just resting on the fence which you had to walk around to avoid hitting it! The whole hotel was shabby, no reception in our building so no one on duty unless you went across the road to the other hotel. The toilets were in the basement of the foyer and stank and the ones by the pool side were disgusting. We went up to our rooms to use the toilet each time at least we had cleaned that!. The drinks were constantly running out, the beer barrels especially and they would take ages to get a replacement, then vodka ran out, then the brandy, even the childrens slush drink ran out most days and then took hours to freeze again, we had to go over the road to the sister hotel half the time just to get a drink. There was hardly any milk for coffee you had to ask all the time as the machine wasnt filled up. You were lucky if you got one glass of wine in the evening with dinner as it normally ran out by lunchtime. The serving staff were friendly and extremely patient but they could do nothing about the chaos and lack of commitment by the management, who took no notice of our complaints I asked to see the manager one day and was told he would be in at a certain time, but then fobbed off when I went back to reception and told that he hadnt arrived yet. The whole exerience was awful and I felt sorry for my children and I should have moved hotel the day I arrived as the hotels promises meant nothing. There is no representative as other familys found so no one to complain to either but I complained as soon as I got back from the place.
~We spent far more money than we had anticipated because we had to go out most evenings, to bars in the town of Icmeler, which is friendly and buzzing and we found some lovely hotels along the front overlooking the beach also and if you want to go to Icmeler go to one of them instead. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone, in 30 years of travelling I have never stayed in a hotel as bad as this was, and I cant believe that "on the beach" would even have it on their website as a holiday resort, the description goes against the Trade Desciptions Act surely?

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in the hotel we stayed in. The view from the back of the hotel was lovely...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Alinda Hotel? Share your experiences!