“Bloody Brilliant!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Selen 2 Hotel

You added Selen 2 Hotel to your Saves list
Selen 2 Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cumhuriyet Mahallesi Menderes Caddesi 16, Icmeler 48720, Turkey   |
Ranked #60 of 92 Hotels in Icmeler
Bangor, Northern Ireland
“Bloody Brilliant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

This was our 3rd visit to the Selen2, and as always it lived up to its name! Clean, polite and very friendly staff. Rooms cleaned every day and fresh towels. Hotel is situated in perfect surroundings away from lively restaurants/bars but close enough for all amenities. Hotel is under new management who know the hotel well and have made many excellent changes and have more to make, we look forward to seeing these on our 4th time staying here, which is already booked. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I loved this hotel, I was a bit apprehensive about this hotel after reading the reviews as I went alone and didn't want any hassle. However when I got there I had no hassle about eating or drinking at the hotel and was free to come and go as a please. The rooms are basic but cleaned everyday and towels/bedding changed every third day or so. To me the hotel rooms seemed to be bigger compared to other hotels I've stayed in and there is plenty or storage space and even had a fridge which is a huge bonus. The reception staff were excellent and remembered which room I was staying in when I returned to collect my key.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I have already booked to stay here again next year!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Hull E Yorks U.k.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My partner and i stayed at the Selen 2 between 28th Sept and 11th Oct 2010, having read several reviews we didn't expect the Ritz and to be fair we didn't get it. What we did get was a good hotel which lived up to some of the better reviews I had read. It is a well run basic hotel which tries very hard to please it's guests. The rooms are quite small but we didn't plan on doing much more than sleeping in them anyway, The maids came every day and the rooms were kept clean and tidy, The reception area is ok and does the job, the reception staff never stopped smiling and were keen to help in any way they could.The pool area is kept clean and staff again very helpful, more so for the ladies but this seems to be common in Turkey.The restaurant is very basic and you can expect to queue for toast as there is only one two slice toaster available and it's not fast ! Breakfast is again basic but when a full English only costs £2.20 who cares.
Hot water can be a bit of a problem , especially in the mornings but staff tried to sort this problem , sadly to o avail.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and cannot understand what some other reviwers expected for their money, you do, after all get what you pay for!

Ardrossan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Went to this hotel for the first time this year. Was a bit dubious after reading some comments but couldn't have been happier. The hotel is a bit dated in the rooms but this is Mehmet's first year in the hotel and he concentrated on the pool and outside areas first.
Rooms cleaned every day by a lovely lady. All the staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Food in the restaurant was reasonably priced with special offers on every night.
Enjoyed it so much that we are going back again next year. Well done Mehmet and staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Aberdeen,Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

we went to the selen 2 for 10 days,the staff were really friendly and could not do enough for you as nothing was too much for them ,the rooms were cleaned on a daily basis ,and the food in the restuarant was first class and well priced,the hotel was ideally placed in icmeler for the seafront and the eateries,only problem was the hotel although clean is in need of refurbishment as it looks a bit dated

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Our first time in Turkey Icmeler on July 2010 we loved it all the guys were really helpful , the rooms are cramped but my holiday is out all day an just wash and sleep in your room ,cleaners were in everyday leaving ur bed looking really nice with petals over it an Heart shaped Towels .....Me and my wife enjoyed ourselves that much we went back 2 the same hotel on September 2010 it was a lot warmer this time but good and in the hotel there was a tattooist which i payed him a visit and got a few tattoo's which were good and reasonable , we enjoyed eating in the Lighthouse ...we r planning in going bk to the same otel nxt year on May ( do u think they hav given the rooms a lick of paint ? )

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
derbyshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

The public areas are good, clean and well maintained. The problems are the rooms, very small and cramped and in desperate need of updating, my heart sank upon seeing the room, (actually we were not allowed in to our first room, we were quickly ushered away to a different room)! I would say the location is good and this would be a good hotel if they got their act together and did some decorating and updating. Ignore the lovely brochure pics as these are probably the elite rooms on the fourth floor that us lesser mortals will never see! Had a cold shower nearly every morning, but as it was so hot I didn't really mind, was accosted on the second day by a cleaning lady who wanted a tip but was clear to point out that she wanted sterling and not lira! After that I left a small tip each day on the pillow and was rewarded by a nice note of thanks.
You have to pay for the aircon which is a must, but another expense. The pool appeared clean but parents of small children be aware that there is no shallow end, I am 5"1 and couldn't touch the bottom, also WHY don't they serve the pool drinks in plastic glasses! The amount of times we heard drinks go flying is untrue, so beware of broken glass around the pool as there was never a hurry to clean up. As a base (which is all we required) it was ok but very dissapointing, take your earplugs as it is very loud until 12.30 in fairness they do wind down at that time (parents with young children may prefer somewhere quieter) I found the staff friendly and very hardworking, but it wasn't really for me.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Selen 2 Hotel? Share your experiences!