“Would not stay again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Selen 2 Hotel

You added Selen 2 Hotel to your Saves list
Selen 2 Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cumhuriyet Mahallesi Menderes Caddesi 16, Icmeler 48720, Turkey   |
Ranked #60 of 92 Hotels in Icmeler
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Would not stay again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have just returned from staying at The Selen 2 Hotel. We have been to Icmeler twice a year for the last 3 years and normally stay at a friends apartment, this was not available so booked this hotel.
If you like the sound of constant adjacent room doors slamming and other guests allowed no make noise until the early hours, this is the hotel for you.
If you like hot water for a 1/4 of your stay, this is the hotel for you, even though we complained this made no difference.
Also if you don't spend time in the hotel for drinks and food, the staff just completely ignore you. At the end of the day we paid for the room so a good morning would of been nice.
On a plus note the rooms are clean but basic.

I personally wouldn't stay again, there are better hotels in Icmeler with nicer staff for he same cost and most likely provide hot water.

Room Tip: A room in another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We donated at a charity event last year and originally the holiday was for our daughter. As she could not go we went. We upgraded from room only to half board. Never again would I go to this hotel, we did not get it cheap because we donated in fact we had paid more than the guests staying had booking direct, our half board had brought us to over what they had paid, so the hotel offering a room for auction at the charity night still made sure they got the money back!!l. If you want noisy and prepared to spend spend at the bar and join in 18 - 30 style noise each night its for you, If not do not go. The rooms were basic but clean. We had no running cold water in the bathroom sink , and even though reported it was never fixed. The half board menu was very poor , very limited choice and lots of chicken,with each dish tasting the same, having said that it tasted ok and was edible, but the staff kept pushing for us to buy off their other menu. After three nights of us refusing and not spending at the hotel bar, the staff simply stopped speaking to us, no enjoy your meal, they didn't even ask if we had enjoyed our stay on leaving, possibly they knew the answer. However a customer is a customer whatever they spend!!! I do not go on holiday to spend all my time at the hotel and pay over the odds for drinks. They allowed guests to consume masses of drink and become louder and louder whilst their children were running around corridors shouting and screaming. Very irresponsible. We were going to take our grandson with us, he wouldn't have got any rest with the noise if we had most nights it went on until well after 2am. The holiday bar down the road is lovely and staff so friendly, but we couldn't hear in there one night with the noise from the Selen. The staff were falling over themselves when we bought the room at the event and even when we arrived, just when your spending in the hotel all the time do they take a dislike. Had it not have been so noisy we probably would have had a drink at the bar. It was as thought the intention was rink drink drink on you room tab, too drunk to realise what your spending, not good at all. Others in the hotel were enjoying but really not for us. Ichmeler is lovely and the beach very nice. Personally prefer Marmaris as a resort to stay but again that's personal choice. I would not recommend this hotel for families. The pool is deep and no children pool was available even though we were told last year there would be a Childs pool. The room was cleaned everyday and the cleaning staff were lovely. Although tree star more like two star with maybe a plus. Been to much better 3 star for same or even less price.Glad we had only booked a week or I would have checked out, in fact I would have checked out on the Wednesday ( arrived Monday ) but the hotels of our choice to move to were fully booked!! The guys in the supermarket shop across the road were fantastic, really friendly and good prices, great rate of exchange on your money as well, no commission taken. Don forget to go to Holiday bar if you visit ichmeler.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
N.IRELAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks in August 2012 (family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 teenagers). We had an enjoyable holiday. Must recommend the Turkish Night - fantastic food and good entertainment but be prepared to have plenty of small notes for tips as the hat is passed round after every act, belly dancer, magician, dancers etc. The staff are very friendly but do tend to whisk your empty glass away very quickly in an attempt to get you to buy more drinks. They also tend to hover when your drink is running low and keep asking if you want another drink. My daughter and I were persuaded to visit the hair salon at the end of our holiday and we were both pretty impressed with the results (probably one of the best hair cuts I have had in years). We both had colour, highlights, cut and blowdry. We had originally been persuaded to go in for cuty and colour but as usual they managed to get us to go for more and ended up having facial and waxing. Should also mention that you are charged a daily rate for air con (essential in August as temperatures reached the high 40's). I think that this added around £150 for two rooms (but only one safety box). All in all an enjoyable holiday - so much that we are returning this August. Oh - and we never had any problems getting a sun bed!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool - this was noisy at night but not a big problem as music stops at...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
stockport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

staff were helpful & friendly throughout our stay, rooms were nice, a bit on the small side but great value for money,
rooms were kept clean throughout our stay, breakfast was great, usual turkish breakfast, they even made menemen a couple of times during our stay which was lovely
in a good location, a short walk to the beach and restarants just around the corner

Room Tip: go to the prince restaurant, amazing food and great family entertainment
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Arrived late on 1st of May to a very nice welcome from the bar staff.Because it was quiet we were offered an upgrade to the hotel opposite.We declined the offer and requested an apart.The apart.was spotless .The rooms were cleaned every day during our stay.the towels and bed linen were also changed every few days.What we liked was to be able to go out at night with out being hastled to eat in their restaurant.The staff are very friendly and always there to help.We will certainly be going back to the selen aparts for future holidays.The location is central to every were
Thanks for a super holiday.[ room 606 ]

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have just come back from Icmeler in Turkey. I stayed at the Selen 2 Hotel. I was booked in to the Selen Apartments but it was April and not too busy so there was no one in the apartments. I was given a room at the Hotel. They said to compensate me for disappointment I would get a kettle in my room plus free breakfasts every morning. I loved having that kettle as I drink a lot of tea. April 2013 was the first time I had stayed at the Selen and I loved all the staff and management. That I'm going back in two weeks to see them all again. This time I did get one of the apartments which are situated just across the road from the hotel. I've hardly had time to repack my case but that's how much I love Icmeler. I have also booked holidays to Icmeler in September 2013 and May 2014. That will be a total of returning to Icmeler 6 times. I absolutely love it there. There are lots of great restaurants, bars and places to have a good old cup of tea and the hotel food is excellent too. I would recommend this resort and hotel to everyone. Give it a try. Oh, I almost forgot the beach. It's a beautiful beach with sun beds everywhere. If you want a nice walk go along the promenade which runs the length of the beach, georgous !!!.

Room Tip: No tip required. Too many people complain about this and that. Just appreciate that you are in a d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed in the Selen2 from the 16th to the 23rd of April 2013 Absolutely no complaints what so ever. Staff were really friendly and helpful and cheery. The breakfast were basic, but it is a continental breakfast, and thats what you get, with some added. I eat my lunches from the menu at the bar and found the food lovely

The maids cleaned the room every day, and changed towels and sheets daily. I stopped the maid cleaning on a few occasions as it really didn't need it. I left the maids a big tip when i left as i was very pleased with the standard.

The main areas of the hotel were excellent, pool area, reception, restaurant, etc. All very clean and nicely presented. The rooms are more than acceptable and no problems with the size. If I was to be very picky, i'd say woodwork could do with a lick of paint, but really not an issue. The hotel is 3 star and doesn't pretend to be 5 star.

I really think some people like to complain and should get a life! for what i paid for my week break i'm very happy and thought it was excellent value!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Selen 2 Hotel? Share your experiences!