“Fantasia, lovely hotel - shame about the Manager!” 3 of 5 stars

Fantasia Hotel De Luxe Marmaris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Altin Sahil Mevki, Icmeler 48700, Turkey   |
Ranked #47 of 92 Hotels in Icmeler
Leeds
“Fantasia, lovely hotel - shame about the Manager!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed at the Fantasia in September 2012. I dont think it deserves 4* rating but is without doubt a good 3*. The location is great, easy stroll into Icmeler or the local buses to Marmaris (that seem to run every 2 mins) are right outside on the main road.
We couldnt fault the cleanliness of the hotel, the food although not exciting was varied and more than acceptable, the staff were attentive and professional. Swimming pool very clean and private beach well run with waiter service and free towels. The dining room was well run with a choice of either indoor or outdoor tables, very clean once again. Hotel has a really good health spa and turkish bath.
Entertainment was limited to one man who did his best but limited to pop quiz, bingo, skittles and such.
All in all, a nice hotel that in our opinion is let down by the Manager and his reservation staff. We had booked specifically a sea view room, when we got there we were shown to a room with a view of a piece of rough land used as a car and bus park, the back of a some toilets and a general rubbish dump. You could only see the sea if you stood in the far corner of the balcony and looked sharp left, you could not see the sea from normal seating position on the balcony or from the room. We were very disapointed and went back to reception, thinking a mistake had occured. Receptionist laughted at us and really upset my wife with his attitude so we demanded to see the Manager, who was equally no help whatsoever, just a couldnt care less, take it or leave it attitude. Told that there was no possibility of moving us as the hotel was full for another month! We were very very disapointed and angry.
Complained to Thomson rep the following morning, although he pretended to care it was obvious he was not going to do anything about it either. We had a lovely holiday ruined by a terrible room and an unpleasant Hotel Manager.
When I booked the holiday, it was also on sale with other companies such as Thomas Cook and Jet 2. Thomson specified sea view rooms, on contacting Jet 2 they told me that they were not contracted to the sea view rooms. I therefore paid £60 each more to go with Thomson as well as the fact that Jet 2 go from my local airport whereas we travelled 60 miles to go on the Thomson flight. I have always holidayed with Thomson, trusted them, brand leader etc etc, not any more, I feel cheated and let down by them especially as they have not even had the courtesy to reply to my complaint letter. Simply, they dont deserve my business in the future!

Room Tip: E-mail the hotel before you go. Insist that you do not want a room ending with 01, 02, 03, 16 or 17
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I'm am writing this sat by the pool of the fantasia which I must say is one of the cleanest pools I have seen for a long time!!!! The staff here cannot do enough for you and are always polite and friendly !!! I can't understand the recent write ups people have put I was really nervous coming here expecting a hell hole !!!!!! As for the English get treated badly that's a joke we have a first floor room with balcony and terrace ???? Also the dog in the bar next door is a beautiful lab which only want to play his name is whiskey!!! The food is lovely and there's a lot of varity !!!! And the hotel owner is a lovely lady who if you spend the time to get to know her you would have found out!!!!! Thompsons and Thomas cook are not coming here next year because they want all inclusive hotels not for any other reason !!!! The co op should be coming next year or just book direct???? Lovely hotel lovely owner and lovely staff can't wait to come back next year x

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have just returned from our holiday and we had a great time.However their are a few issues which need to be addressed by the management.Firstly they are dealing with adults not children and if I want to bring a bottle of water into the hotel I dont expect to get chased by a security guard telling me its against the rules!Secondly I like a cuppa in the morning before breakfast and dont want to get another letter through the door telling me the electricity I used for the kettle is causing a problem - they dont know you use more using a hair drier!!!.Thirdly the mini bar they seem to like to charge you for things you have not used - ok when you query they say its a mistake.
Please can the managment remember its a holiday customers are on and the management have to learn people skills.They maybe need to learn from their staff who are great.

Room Tip: Our room was excellent and we were on the third floor. The management are not good and think more s...
Poole, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I really can't understand what people are complaining about. The staff are extremely polite and helpful,the setting is stunning, the food was better than some of the restaurants in the town, always a good selection, you'd have to be really picky to find fault. The private beach was about 30 paces away across a pedestrian walkway, always clean - free towels and sunbeds, bar staff frequently check to see if you want drinks,fruit etc. The dog in the cafe next door is playful and friendly, obviously stevie666 isn't a dog lover. The entertainments guy " Morat I think" was worth the his weight in gold and we can't praise him highly enough. Make use of the on site Turkish bath and massage, an hour and a half of pure luxury and worth every penny.In fact my only criticism if I had to find one was the lack of drawer space in the rooms.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Returned for the second year to this hotel as had a fantastic stay last year. Unfortunately I cannot say that about our experience this year. I agree with the previous review on the room allocations. It appeared that British customers were being given the sub-standard rooms on the side of the hotel. Yes overlooking and car park and dumping ground. Complained to reservation manager but he stated that hotel was full for the full month of September. You can imagine our anger to see future customers arrving and being placed in sea facing high floor rooms with amaxing views whilst we remained in the room with dumping ground and barking dog..... Not to forget the traffic noise.

Food was certainly not *4* star. Some of it was not recognisable. Chips for breakfast !!!
A huge decline from last year.

Everything else about this hotel is first class, rooms, cleanliness and location.

However until a new reservation manager and chef are appointed this hotel will continue to fall below its *4* star rating.

I notice that Thomson are no longer promoting this hotel for the 2013 season. That explains it all.

Excellent hotel spoilt by hotel choice.

Aqua next year as they have excellent customer care. As you will see from the reviews Management answer every review.

Hotel Fantasia would you like to comment !!!!! Very much doubt it,

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms are from are from 505 - 515 over four floors. 4th & 5th are amazing. Other...
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Spent a week here and it was probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff are very attentive, the food is truly amazing, the rooms are lovely, great balcony with views over the beach and out to sea. The pool and poolside area is lovely. This hotel is classy and I'd definately go back!

• Stayed September 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hotel in lovely location.thats it.food a disgrace,management worse.4star no chance.if your English expect a view of a car park and a sunbed grave yard and not to mention the dog from hell at the cafe next door.i could go on and on its up to you but spend your money somewhere else honestly.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Fantasia Hotel De Luxe Marmaris? Share your experiences!