“Fantastic holiday.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 53 Specialty Lodging in Icmeler
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at Tolan Apartments from the 3rd till the 17th June. had a brilliant holiday, met a lot of lovely people, the apartments were clean, and the location is great for the bars and beach. Melike, Onur, Rob ant the other staff could'nt do enough for you, always there if you needed anything. We would definetly go back to these apartments. Thanks the lot of you, from Mike and Trish, Salford. See you soon.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with the balcony, because you can get it all day long then, front and back.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We have just returned from the tolan apartments where we have stayed twice and going back in September for two weeks, can't wait to return. Melike and Rob couldn't have done enough for us. Always there with a smile and time to chat. Apartments are lovely and sunny, all with two balconys so you get the sun all day. Set in a quiet street but not far from shops bars and restaurants, perfect spot to stay. We would definitely recommend these apartments kay n ted.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Liverpool,England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

On our arrival at the Tolan apartments on the 20th October at half past twelve in the early hours of the morning. It soon became clear that there was nobody around. Reception was closed and all was in darkness. After about ten minutes in being in total shock. A couple who were staying there told us that no one would be back until the following day! You can imagine our distress. Two women alone at 1am with nowhere to stay. The couple who had changed their room that day still had the key to their previous apartment. They gave us their key and we stayed in a dirty room for that first night. The following morning there was still no one around. At 1 pm a Turkish lady with very little English appeared (luckily my friend and I speak a bit of Turkish). She rang the owner, Melike and I spoke to her. She told me that the apartments had closed on 15th October. I did find this rather strange as there were at least another 3 apartments that were still occupied. Melike highlighted that if I didn't have the booking reference that I would have to pay! Thankfully I had it. She made it sound like she was doing us a favour! I was appalled.
When we were taken to our apartment there was no electricity and it was filthy. My friend cleaned it with wipes and they were black! The Turkish lady spent about half an hour trying to fix the electricity. We were left without a light in the kitchen area throughout our whole stay. The apartment was riddled with damp, especially the master bedroom. The headboard was dark with damp and the plaster was falling off the wall. Both balconies were filthy and one of them had a cup filled with cigarette stumps on it. During our one week stay nobody came to give us clean towels, change the beds, empty the bins or clean the room. During the last two days there was no hot water, this was the icing on the cake. The most dangerous thing was that the exterior of the apartments were in total darkness. Each evening we would have to go down the winding stairs and put on the light of our mobiles. We were petrified of falling. My friend and I used to live and work in Icmeler. Over the past few years we have been back on numerous occasions and have stayed in some wonderful accommodation. Please don't stay at the Tolan apartments as there are so many more lovely places to stay. If it would have been our first time in Icmeler it would have put us off for life.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hi, Stayed at the tolan in september really nice place to stay, are second time here, owners are the same Melike & Onor plus baby! the staff has changed young turkish boy ( whos name i have forgot!) could not do enough any problems and he soughted it for you, the appartments are really good with twin balconys, so you get a through draft with the doors open, bathroom in are appartment was spot on with a really good powerfull shower, pool area allways spotless, very close to all the bars, but no loud music if you had an early night, will defenetly use again..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

stayed here on the 21st september 2013 for 1 week . we arrived at approx 03.00 . there was a pleasant young man to greet us and he helped us with our cases up the winding staircase.
The apartment consisted of a double room with double bed , a bathroom with shower sink and loo and a large room with kitchenette sofa bed and wardrobe and t.v on a set of drawers . The apartment was clean enough and the young man got us some more bed linen for the sofa bed and folded it out for us . A notice on the door said that a maid service was provided 7 days a week ,,,,,,,we never saw a maid or cleaner , although we did get fresh bedding and towels half way through the week .
the shower leaked really badly and i bought some sponge type cloths to help soak all the water up every time we had our showers.
we stayed in room 115 in the eaves and even with the couple of slight problems we enjoyed our stay here. the apartment had 2 balconies with great views over Icmeler . the pool area was very clean and the staff were very friendly .I cant say much about the food as we didnt eat there ..... we used the apartments as a base and somewhere to sleep .
Would i stay at these Apartments again ???? ....... yes i would ..well worth the money we paid .
If you want 5 star ..... then you should pay 5 star . overall ..... these apartments are ok and the staff are lovely for the money we paid

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
england
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Omg.... I've stayed in some run down places before but these really are the pits.... I don't know where the other people have stayed within the tolan they must try staying in the room I had.... And before you think "why not change room" there is reason for my madness....
I will come back to the room after first paying thanks to the staff, who are wasted at these apartments.... Very warm and friendly, welcoming, and will ALWAYS say good morning/evening, and ask how things are...... 10/10 for the staff.
Now back to the rooms, I was travelling alone and given room 114, which is facing the entrance although set back from the road..... On entering the apartment up a small staircase, you enter into the kitchen, the light did not work. Although looking around the kitchen, I can see why, you really wouldn't want to see much more with the light on..... I was shown the bedroom, a double bedroom with dressing table, wardrobe, bedside cabinet, quite a large room, and a balcony overlooking the entrance. Then the second room, small in size, with a sofa, and single camp bed, with chest of drawers squeezed in, also a balcony. Then the bathroom, the best looking room in the apartment. (Seemed newly renovated compared to the rest)
I was asked if I wanted aircon, and said I would sort in the morning.(glad I didn't take it there and then). So I was given the room, and off he trot.
Now I'm in this room, and as you do, you have a nosey round. First the kitchen, the cupboards were built in the 70's I think, or when the apartments were built, there was a kettle and usual 2 rings, and a fridge with an ice box that was over frozen and could have sunk the titanic..... And the switch to turn it down was broken. In the utensils draw, were a few knives and forks, but some grainy green stuff that looked a little line rat/mouse poison. In the lower cupboard was a TIN pot with TIN teapot. Not that I would be cooking anyway, but if I were to chuck a light snack out, you would have a job on.
THE BATHROOM.

No mirror, so shaving was tricky, I had to use the tin pot filled with water and use the mirror in the bedroom, so the pot came in handy in the end. It wasn't until the morning I discovered the shower leaked.... And I don't mean in a small way. I had to drip all over the apartment to get my own towel as the ones I were given, I had laid on the floor next to the shower as this was the only place I could realistically put them so they were close as I left the shower, but as I said, the shower leaked and thus my towels were now wet.... And I mean soaking wet... There was a pool of water almost equal to the water I was showering in.... Out I step into the foot towel, also wringing wet..
So into the bedroom, where the aircon is......ahhhh the aircon..... In my estimation, the best feature in the whole apartments.....why?, cos I got it for free..... Popped up the front panel, small hole where a button would be, inside is a reset button, (something small like a cocktail stick or thin pen required) woooosh, on comes the aircon..... And I was gonna be charged 70 quid ..... No thanks, I can simply switch it on myself without the need for a remote.... Can't speak for the other apartments except for the one next door, with regards to aircon and if you can get it for free or not, the room next door even had a button, no need to poke any item into the hole.... (I know this cosI showed someone who had arrived a few days earlier ) this is the ONLY reason I stayed in the apartments ....THE FREE AIRCON..... Moving rooms may have resulted in not getting free aircon ...... As I'm not one for staying long within an apartment the shoddy appeal doesn't really bother me too much, as I'm up, out and about, and back to shower and change and out again, so it's just a place to get my head down really, but the purpose of the review is for those if you who may stay around the apartments while on your holiday and may need a little more comfort..... If your not too bothered about your surroundings, AT LEAST YOU MAY GET FREE AIRCON... In rooms 114 and 117 anyway.....

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently enjoyed 2 weeks staying at the Tolan Apartments in Icmeler last week June, 1st week July. Apartments are spacious with 2 balconys, 1 separate double room and one large spacious room with kitchenette area and large sofa/convertable bed. From my apartment I could see the pool from both balconies and also overlooked the surrounding countryside. Onur & Melike, Chrissy & Oz and all the staff there look after you. I was originally going with a friend who let me down so was nervous going alone but i was made very welcome. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend these apartments - suitable either for a couple or a couple and small child/teenager or up to 3 adults. Not far from the Canal with the nightlife and beach area all in close proximity but just off one of the main roads so not too noisy. Check them out on the internet. Ive stayed at other apartments in Icmeler before but never felt as welcome as i did here. All the staff know you by name and speak to you every day. Had a really fab holiday. best ever.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Tolan Apartments? Share your experiences!