“What a relief to move here!” 4 of 5 stars

Mersoy Bellavista Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kayabal cad 60, Icmeler 48700, Turkey   |
Ranked #32 of 93 Hotels in Icmeler
bournemouth, uk
“What a relief to move here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My adult daughter and I moved to the Mersoy Bellavista suites after one horrendous night at our originally booked apartment. The room was clean and well appointed although the fridge didnt work. Lovely bathroom with a large bath and brilliant shower with lots of hot water. Comfortable beds and very effective airconditioning that wasn't intrusively noisy. Tv showed bbc world news and english films (in english too). No kettle but a coffee maker which was disappointing. it was possible to heat water through this for tea but it was not boiling water. The reception area of the hotel was deserted during the time we stayed there but Sybille, the receptionist was always extremely helpful. Beautiful pool with spa type beds. Well situated for the beach and shops and restaurants. We ate breakfast in the bar/cafe below the Mersoy hotel next door. Very good value (7TL for a full english breakfast which is less than £3). Freddie was always welcoming and pleasant and the service was excellent. These suites are adults only which was a huge factor in our enjoyment of our holiday. There is a spa/hammam attached to the hotel. We did try the poolside restaurant one day for breakfast but the tea and coffee was undrinkable and the buffet looked very unappetising (quite a few flies feasting). This was the only downside

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We had a fantastic time at the hotel,great staff made the holiday special,good entertainment especially the live band,very clean deluxe pool view room with good views.We didnt go with thomsons but still got the room that we paid for.The hotel is well situated.Breakfast was adequate,and the reason I am scoring the hotel 4 out of 5 is that the half board meals were very poor and we decided to eat out all the 2nd week,the manager has explained to me that the hotel only recieves about £2.50 per meal off the travel companies and his chefs cant do much with that,which I suppose is not the hotels fault.Because of this we have booked for next august but Bed and Breakfast only.Also 3 days before we were due to leave we were told our room should be available to extend because of our late flight (which would of been £30) however on the day of departure no rooms were available so we had to hang about all day and have a shower in the spa area which was very hot and not very private All in all we had a fantastic holiday,met some great people,and fantastic staff, and will see them all in august 2013,Sue and Steve.

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Just returned last night and this year stayed last week in August 2012. My wife and I are early 50's and are regular visitors to Icmeler. We have come as a couple and with my children from time to time too. Subsequently, we know the area and hotels and quite a lot of the locals now very well. My wife and I chose this hotel because we know what we were getting, and the Mersoy Bella Vista, delivered on what it promises. I wanted and got, nice pool, decent spot, no kids and value for money.

here's the low down for those that are doing research to this hotel and a bit of the area too!!

The Mersoy Bella Vista, is one of three hotels very close to each other from the same family, The Mersoy Exclusive and the Mersoy Oriental make up the other two, the Oriental is not staffed and is administrated via the Bella Vista Suites. This hotel is a smallish hotel, with a slightly more boutique feel, very popular with Brit couples, but met one Scandinavian and a Dutch couple while I was there. We stayed bed and breakfast and while the breakfast was plentiful and reasonable quality, some of the food is laid out in the open air which I do not like and along with my hangovers (needed a walk to clear) chose to breakfast out most mornings. Its very cheap in the resort, between 2 and 3 quid normally.

Most rooms are very well furnished for Icmeler standards and cleaning staff are typically professional for the area too. This is not a family hotel with kids games and entertainment of that ilk and all the normal drama of having small children running riot (so being the misery that I am, I really enjoyed that!!!). It tends to be couples looking for something a bit better than you would normally get in Icmeler, without having to go for the huge expense of the big, flash hotels. Marti, Aqua, Munamar etc

Not all of the rooms are poolside views ( about 60% are) so you need to confirm that if that's important to you, despite some of the comments on here, they staff will always try to accommodate changes or upgrades where possible (in Icmeler not many will say no to an extra bit of revenue!!) there are advantages to the quieter and cooler rooms!!. I upgraded my room as I wanted a pool view, we like to sit out on the balcony and have a we drink of an evening!. The room I had been offered was above reception and I just did not like the view. Nothing at all wrong with the room, I was offered a change at a small price or an upgrade to one of the better suites, cant say fairer than that.!

Hotel has its own Spa, but never tried it,

Like many of the hotels and bars in the area, staffed by a couple of key players and a supporting cast, So big shout out to Israfil (Fonzi) and Mustapha, (Muzzi) and Geordie Liz, who make up the key bar / restaurant area crew. With a few young guns, and other supporting staff. All of whom will try they're very best for you. Sibyl on reception also did a great job of keeping me happy. (not easy!!).

Icmeler is a great little resort, which has grown in recent years, in my opinion has now reached critical mass, the competitive nature of such resorts is clearly visible so there is good and bad associated with that. very good prices but a lot of duplication and competitive staff. Some of the Restaurant / Bar / shop staff try that little bit too hard to entice you in, which can leave you with a bad experience, so you need to be able to cope with that, (or never move out of your hotel ha ha!).

Icmeler is the next bay along from Marmaris, but not quite as ugly!, The local major takes a very balanced view of tourism and the associated problems with it which is great. There has also been significant investment in the Town Centre, Canal and Beach front areas in last few years. All of which for me has been great. its very lively most places up until midnight when the local police will patrol the town and any pub/bar or venue playing music loudly will be shut down and I have seen them do it, so if you want clubland madness you will need to get a taxi down the road to the Marmaris old town for that. (by the way the old Marmaris old town is fantastic and well worth a tip over, (take the taxi boat from the beach front takes about 40 minutes which is very relaxing, there are a plethora of really good restaurants and some fantastic boats in the harbour area to look at. A dolmus, bus back will cost a couple of lira and a taxi about 25, You can get to most places in icmeler town within a 15 minute stroll from this hotel and all of the usual beach type stuff you would expect is available to you along the beach area. Never seen a days rain in Icmeler in 9 trips. However this year was unbelievably Hot and my sun bed worshipping wife gave up!! in sheltered areas it was bordering on dangerous so you need to take sensible precautions against the heat. In my view late May early June is about best. I was chatting with a local pharmacist this week out there (yep heat got me too!!) and the most common drug sold in the region are diarrhea tablets and which are commonly put down to bad food but are mostly a direct result of too much sun.

The staff at the Mersoy will lay on some very good quality entertainment for you but heres a few other venues to to put on your list,

The Light House (in the main square) great food, family run place one of the most established and respected places in Icmeler. The Love Boat (the Devamli Hotel) round the corner (next to a great sports bar) (very cheesy, but fantastic food and service and well worth a visit). Haman (might of spelt that wrong!) Turkish Restaurant, up past the Romance Bar and Babadan Appartments, is fantatic value, great local and traditional Turkish food / service and well worth a visit and lastly the Cafe Del Mar, one of the last café's as you walk out of Icmeler along the sea front towards the Marmaris peninsula, really fantastic chill out place. I love to have a morning coffee there and read the paper and my wife loves to eat there of an evening as you look out of the bay and the lights of icmeler.

A boat trip is a great way to spend a day, and is unbelievable value, if you want that try Captain Bull****s Boat (sorry review wont allow profanity), they have a restaurant very close to the supermarket, Ali and Rambo take care of the boat and Jimmy (runs the restaurant) they will take good care of you. Not all the boat trips offer the same level of quality, look for a boat with a sun deck and on board toilet!! I paid 10 quid each, got picked up, given a breakfast in the cafe, dropped at the boat, taken out all day, given a fantastic bbq lunch, dropped off for a few lovely stops unbelievable value!!!

Icmeler, all told, I reckon something like 40 percent cheaper than a Spanish/Balerics holiday and twice the value where your hear. (to justify that I don't just holiday here)

I booked the hotel and a transfer with Icmeler Online, (Michelle, Elaine and John are very helpful) if you book with a mainstream travel company it could take 2-3 hours to get to resort, it will take you about 1 hour 30 mins (tops) if you book a direct transfer that does not drop off in Marmaris. Many of the tour companies now stop off on route to provide a break (and sell you stuff!!) while all you really want to do is get there..

Room Tip: Suits have two air con units, most rooms have fridge and safes
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

first time in turkey loved everything about it . lovely suite quiet at night very nice decor the pool staff were excellent waited on the whole pool area was great . hotel cleaners worked really hard rooms spotless and reception staff were very helpful . thank you all ,the only negative was the thomson rep she was hopeless .

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

stayed at the mersoy 2nd / 16th aug /12 very nice hotel our room was the tokio room with pool veiw suite cant fault it the bar staff were all top guys fonzy muzzy liz and our model boy waiter nice lad waited on you at all times tried the turkish bath first time enjoyed it good laugh turkish bath man muste good guy also is the young lady on reception sibel in days very helpful met some nice people there from all over nice pool with mountain back drop a big thanks to house cleaners for the flowers in room and wine and basket of fruit for our anniversary night nice touch thankyou very hot in aug only 2mins from the strip and 5mins to the beach but peaceful at night loads of bars all with food all good air con is a must in turkey ours was fab i would recommend this hotel to couples looking for chilled out break thanks for a good holiday niki kevin wales

Room Tip: best rooms are deluxe pool veiw suites tokio roma or istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

First time to Turkey and I will definitely be going back after this holiday! I would definitely recommend this hotel, it was absolutely lovely! We booked 9 nights in one of the deluxe pool view rooms and were greeted as soon as we were dropped off outside and shown to our room straight away which was lovely! Nice decor and a really good bathroom with a jet shower. Lovely balcony and view as well. Yes you have to pay for the safe but it really isn't expensive. A couple of people complained about the air conditioning but ours was absolutely fine apart from a little rattling which was fixed by a cleverly placed mini deodorant on top of it anyway! I would recommend getting a deluxe pool view room so that you're guaranteed the good view and room :) the suites looked amazing so if you can afford them I'd definitely get one. We had no complaints at all with our room but the 1 or 2 people we heard of who did, said they'd had their problems sorted or room changed straight away. Pool was gorgeous and always spotless and we were always able to get a sunbed easily (no towels put on the sunbeds at 6am which was nice!) would definitely recommend the big round beds on the edge of the pool ... heaven! Staff within the hotel were amazing and Fonzy and the boys definitely made our holiday!! Waited on you hand and foot all day and always made time for a smile and a chat. Couldn't fault them at all! Food and drinks were all very good (MUST try the milkshakes!) and were reasonably priced. We were determined to eat somewhere different every night but the food and company at the hotel was so good we actually ended up eating there 3 nights! The live music on Thursdays was worth a listen and the Turkish Night on Saturday was really good! Very amusing!! I'd suggest a few drinks during dinner beforehand though ... lol location of the hotel was perfect as well! About a 5 min slow walk to the beach and you're right in the centre for the bars and restaurants but the hotel is set back off the main road which means its quiet enough at night which is good. Other than the hotel, I'd say Champagne Bar and The Lighthouse would be worth trying for food as well, really nice. And Tin Tin's was good for cheap food and drinks. Wonder Bar was a good place to end up at and was just a 2 minute stumble back to the hotel which is pretty handy! :) Great hotel and would definitely recommend :) thanks to Fonzy and Co. for making our holiday as good as it was! Sian (and Chris)

• Stayed August 2012
Alesund, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My sister and I just got back from our trip to Icmeler and Mersoy Bellavista. It was a lovely hotel with nice and clean rooms (with air-con!), very good service and great people. The staff was just incredibly helpful and nice. Liz, Fonzie, Muzzy, Ali and Zanin(?) made our days better. It was a short walk both to the beach and the supermarket. Thank you for a wonderful week, we'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mersoy Bellavista Suites? Share your experiences!