“Good place to watch the sun go down” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 235 restaurants in Javea
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Good place to watch the sun go down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have not eaten here for years. The restaurant has definitely gone up market, but "cuisine minceur" has a special significance here. The greeting was friendly and we sat at a good table to watch night draw over the Arenal Beach. We ordered a bottle of white wine, some sparkling water and fish. I had "Sole fillets with fine herbs" and my partner the cod. There was a small "amuse guele which was delicious and then the main courses arrived. Both dishes were excellently presented, but I could swear that my sole consisted of fillets taken from fishes that were less than 12cm long since they seemed to be entire fillets, but each of the six was tiny. There was also a tiny portion of vegetables and 2 smallish new potatoes halved. My partner's cod was a decent chunk of white fish but again, there was very little in the way of vegetables just a skim of potato mash.

To be fair, the flavours were magnificent, though I thought my fine herb sauce was a little salty, but the lack of vegetables made for a disappointing meal For desert I had "home made" truffles and my partner the fresh pineapple. The pineapple was excellent, but the truffles lacked sweetness - I have bought better in supermarkets.

On the plus side, the kitchens were on display at the back of the restaurant and looked immaculate; in addition the toilets were clean, but I felt that at €75 for the two of us, the price was too high for what we got.

If you wish to go, make certain to book a window table and arrive before dusk. Then the spectacular view of the sun going down behind Montgo makes up for the lack of vegetables.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Batley, United Kingdom
“Sublime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We wanted a restaurant that did great paella, so a quick google and trip advisor search and we came across this restaurant, and what a find!

The decor was modern and clean and we had a great table overlooking the beach shore line.

Service was quick, polite and helpful. I asked the waiter to bring a good white wine to compliment our meal and we were served with a beautiful Sauvignon Blanc.

We red red croquettes and calamari to share between us as a starter, then two shared mixed seafood paella and I shared lobster paella with the mrs. Both were nothing short of sublime, we were craving good paella and we hit the jackpot!

Lobster was beautifully cooked with flavoursome rice. The mixed seafood had large mussels and prawns as accompanying showpieces, and the rice was a deeper flavour to compliment the meatiness of the shellfish.

Excellent meal, would highly recommend. Not the cheapest but well worth it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Place To Get Out Of The Rain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went to Javea and walked down to Arenal. The rain came so we needed to find somewhere to keep dry and have some food! La Perla was the location and very pleased we were to have stopped there. I thought the service and the food were of a high order and if it weren't for the fact that we were on a day trip we would certainly have gone back for a meal in the evening. There are great views out over the beach and the sea and we enjoyed our time out of the rain!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We arrived without a booking and were offered a table at the back of the restaurant, fair enough we didn't expect to be given the best table in the house, the waiter suggested to me to have the "catch of the day"' which turned out to be 2 pieces of dry and overcooked fish, one tiny under cooked potato and a few strips of courgettes with an eighth of a roasted onion, all for 22€.
The noise in the restaurant was overwhelming, noisy children and adults who could only communicate with each other by shouting. service was ok and I would totally agree that the staff were so busy falling over the Spanish customers that the rest of the restaurant was forgotten. This was a very expensive meal for decidedly average food, we won't be going back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
stafordshire
“Unhelpfull Waiters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Booked a table on the front for 8.30pm arrived and we were seated just as we requested, the problem was that the sun was shining so bright that I couldn't see I tried to change my seat to the other side on the table and was told in "no" I couldn't do that. so with my mascara dripping down my face unable to see the menu we sat there until the sun went behind the mountain.
I have eaten there many times over the last 10-12 years but felt that that they were no longer interested in English Tourists and were just drooling over Spanish Visitors food was good but that's what you would expect for the price.

• Visited July 2013