“What a climb” 5 of 5 stars

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“What a climb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

we climbed the Montgo mountain ,in June ,4 hours up 3 hours down ,very hot , great views from the top,you can see all of Javea and Denia.

Visited June 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

If in Javea, I really urge you to do this hike. We were advised by a friend who lived in Javea to drive up to a camp site towards the Denia side - up through Javea old town, I am so glad we did!!

We set off at 8am and it took us 2 hours to get to the top - I say "we" but I bailed 500 mtres from the top due to a twisted ankle, but my husband and friend carried on to the top. Its not a bad climb - the path is very stony/rocky in some parts but its clearly marked with a yellow and a white stripe on visible rocks, however, I would strongly suggest you dont climb in Converse trainers as I did, I had no ankle protection at all and managed to whack my ankle against a very pointed rock - hence why I didn't make it to the top as my ankle swelled up and made it difficult to bend. The last part of the journey we all agreed, was a bit of a scramble to get to the summit but it was so worth it. Even from my resting point the view were just amazing, the quietness and the fact there were only 5 other people on the whole of the mountain was just brilliant. It took us about 1 1/4 hrs to climb back down even with my sore ankle. I cant recommend this enough, just make sure you have plenty of water and you do the trip early in the morning - I wouldnt fancy doing this any later than 9am as once the heat rises its challenging (and we did this back end of September!)

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great walk, amazing views. We walked up in one hour and fifteen minutes by taking the marked short cuts. The views on top are stunning. make sure you go up the mountain early to avoid the heat. Best to do on a clear day with no clouds - obviously.

Banbury, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The walk to the top of Montgo is worth doing. It is quite challenging from the "Javea" side, it seems easier from the Denia one but the view from the top is amazing.

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hike took us around 2 hours up and 1 and a half down, we started very early to enjoy the heat and took plenty of water. The walk up most of the way is not too difficult amd is mainly large zig zags over rocky paths, it becomes more difficult towards the end where you are scrambling over rocks at great height so not for the faint hearted! However, the views were spectacular all the way up and were well worth it. We just wore trainers and it was fine - walking shoes would helpful also.