“Much improved.” 4 of 5 stars

Description: A sister restaurant to the Ticino & Raset on the front
Gandia, Spain
“Much improved.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Earlier this year I visited Ticino's and wasn't very impressed. I returned last weekend and was amazed at the change in the place.

Food, as ever, was excellent. For meal of the day they offer a reasonable selection at an affordable price. Not the cheapest, but certainly not the most expensive on the front.

But it was the service that impressed me the most. With EXACTLY the same staff as last time, I noticed absolutely NO wait to be served, NO wait for someone to take my order, bring my complimentary bread, the starter, main and dessert were all brought promptly and piping hot. The bill was ready WITHOUT me needing to ask. In general, 100% better than my last visit. In fact I'd even say better than it was my FIRST visit.

Cannot fault the place, will definitely be back again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Altofts, Yorkshire, England
“Good Value and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had the three course menu with a drink. Tasty food in a nice position. Plenty of customers and good service.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food and great setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

The food was excellent. Was five of us and three had the set menu for €12 approx. there was plenty of food for all of us to share the three starters and desserts and have a main course each. Some of the main courses are €12 on their own so this made the price very reasonable.

I highly recommend the pasta dishes which tasted like it was home made pasta.

Nice atmosphere and the service was ok but could have been better.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gandia, Spain
“Used to be a must, now not so much.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I first discovered Ticinos about 5 years ago. I was impressed with the choice on their meal of the day options, and the value and quality was excellent. Service was generally good and I had no qualms about taking family and friends back there many time since.

However in December last year I visited in the evening and had to say I felt it was missing something. The food was still great, but the service seemed slow and disorganised. The place wasn't full and we didn't need to book, yet everything seemed to involve a long wait.

I don't think I would recommend it now.

• Visited December 2011
Cardiff
“Going Downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

A year ago we were rather impressed with this restaurant but it has lost something. The menu is much as before but it seems that staff morale is at a low. Surly, unwelcoming waiters meant that no real atmosphere was built. We were glad to finish our meal and leave.

• Visited August 2012