“A true Safari experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Camp Verde
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Out of Africa Wildlife Park is a wildlife park in Camp Verde, Arizona. Visitors to the park can experience animals Here, animals roam in natural and spacious habitats. The park began in 1988 in Fountain Hills, Arizona.
Camp Verde
“A true Safari experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2007

What a true family adventure. My family and I had such a wonderful day and the park proved to be more than ever expected. The animals were beautiful and we could get so close to them. The habitats were clean and the animals all seemed so healthy and happy. The tour guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. The park has a very nice gift shop and very reasonable prices. The food at the park was delicious and also very reasonably priced. All in all, it was an unforgettable experience especially being able to feed and get kissed by the giraffes. I was very impressed with how much they have expanded in such a short period of time. The grounds are beautiful. Totally a great experience.

Jonesboro, AR
5 attraction reviews
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2006

My family visited the Out of Africa animal park near Camp Verde, AZ in June 2006. They don't have a whole lot of animals, but you can come in close contact with the ones they do have! My daughter loved hand feeding the Giraffes!

Madison, WI
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

Just visited for the first time on May 28th, 2006. This was such an amazing experience. I was in Arizona for a week and this was by far my favorite thing we did. You get to see the animals up close and personal and the Safari ride was great. If you go on a Wed, Fri, or Sun they have a live feeding at 3pm. That was neat to see. You follow the meat wagon as they feed all the animals. Cost was 28.00 per person, but we spent about 4-5 hours there. Worth the cost to use up a half day. Afterwards, we drove 20 miles to Sedona for dinner. Very cool!! Definitely going again.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Greatest animal experience ever!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2006

I can't believe that anyone could sit there with a straight face and say that they do not like this park. It was an amazing experience that I would not hesitate to do again. If you DO ride the tram, the owners of the park personally take you around the park telling you interesting first hand stories about all of the animals, they do tricks with the animals and genuinely love and admire the beautiful creatures. They take you right up to the cages and the animals come forward to greet you, sometimes I felt as if I could almost reach out and touch them. I saw so many lions and tigers and giraffes and cougars and well, the list could go on. I would recommend this place to anyone and anytime I am in driving distance to this park, I will absolutely go again.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Really nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2006

While I was out to AZ for business/pleasure, I decided to take the trip on over to Out of Africa. This is the first time that I can remember being at an attraction of this magnitude in my life!! It was very enjoyable!! I have to say that there was only one thing that really concerned me, and that was while I was doing the safari, they had these nasty ostriches in there, these things are not nice at all, and I am a bit concerned that one day (although they do warn you about them) with no real protection from these animals, someone may get hurt...I am thinking a child. This does concern me. Overall they knew what they were doing, and it was a very enjoyable experience. I would be back again.