“Small town pride, big city experience!” 5 of 5 stars

(928) 567-6521
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Camp Verde
Camp Verde, Arizona, United States
“Small town pride, big city experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Verde Cafe was the first business my wife and I ventured into upon moving to Camp Verde, we were very delighted to have such awesome service with a smile, the coffee is good and always fresh, but the food is very much like home made only better! We find ourselves going there for breakfast a few times a month, as I am a chef(retired) I am very picky and hard to please, but their food reminds me of my mom's and she was a good cook too!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Indifferently prepared food and abrasive service - avoid this place like the plague!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Terrible cafe. Our servers were very rude - aggressively abrasive from the moment we walked in. They messed up most of our orders. The food is sub-par at best - indifferently prepared and small serving sizes. My friend had a few problems with her order (tomato on her BLT, when she specifically asked for no tomato and fruit instead of fries) weird pickle on her plate - it had brown, oozing matter in it that looked like a rat dropping. When we alerted the staff they disappeared and returned to tell us that they couldn't find the manger or owner. They became really defensive and accusatory when she expressed confusion over the bill - she had hoped for some discount due to all the problems. Rather than being polite, rather than apologizing, they got angry. I've never had such a terrible dining experience. I recommend that you avoid this place like the plague.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Hometown Service & Smiles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped into this quaint, local diner on our way to the South Rim and were pleased! When we arrived at 7am we were the only ones seated, left an hour later and found standing room only. Bikers, retired, singles and families surrounded us, talking, laughing and enjoying the beautiful AZ morning. Food is home cooked good, service is excellent, and the kitchen very clean. I suggest going with breakfast burrito, fresh blueberry pancakes or their homemade biscuits and gravy. You will be smiling all day.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were on our way up from Phoenix and saw other reviews,needed palace for breakfast. So good! Blueberry pancakes were moist, biscuit and gravy and ham/bacon omelettes. Service was fast, and friendly. I would highly recommend this place. A special gem in this town that we more than likely would have driven by.

Clarkdale, Arizona
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I ordered the Ruben, which was a little expensive at $7.95. I never did find the Swiss cheese in it, but it did have a lot of flavorful corned beef. Bread was generic packaged rye, and sandwich was grilled with lots of margarine. A Companion ordered a French Dip, which he called "ok". it was a few slices of overcooked roast beef on a packaged white roll. The menu also includes a PBJ for $3.95, which seems expensive. This place needs a serious cleaning. Flies, dirty menus, and a dingy bathroom are part of the experience here. The waitress slapped our bills on the table the same time she brought the food, and never bothered to ask about refills for tea or water. The menu is standard coffee shop fare, and breakfast can be ordered until 3pm. Tables are molded plastic, and uncomfortable. Bathroom door was hard to open, and a Companion with cane needed help getting it open since it immediately swung shut on her. I found this restaurant difficult to access and uncomfortable for those with limited mobility.

• Visited September 2012