“Great Clean Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Great Clean Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

WOW you can't beat this hotel for the price paid! Great clean room, close to everything including the beautiful downtown Frederick area. I was here for business and found this gem while shopping at the mall. I am so glad I found it and I will be back next month. The staff is great and I just can't stop talking about how clean this hotel was. You can't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

My first choice hotel was booked and family members recommended this place to us.
The lighting is all budget style; low wattage, everything mounted on the walls. The room was a good size, budget style accomodation. The rug had a patch repair, television was not a flat screen, but there was a micro/fridge in the room. The bed was fairly comfortable. Towel supply was stingy, could have been better. Shower was a tad oversize which was nice since there was not a tub. Breakfast was good. If you are on a budget, this will work.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

The toilet kept running every 20 minutes or so and despite telling the front desk about it, it was not fixed. The wireless internet did not work- the signal was so low that it failed to connect each time. I am a business traveller and depend on the internet. Loud and noisy people in adjacent rooms and this was the case 4 out of the 5 nights I was there. Again the front desk did nothing. The free continental breakfast was a few stale muffins and terrrible coffee.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
sleepinnmanagement, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
I recently received your review concerning your stay at the Sleep Inn Frederick. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make every guest’s stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of the hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.

Please accept our sincere apology.

The comments and suggestions that we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right and how we can improve. Thank you for your feedback.

I have researched the matters that you brought to our attention. Our guest service log from 5/10/10 indicated that our maintenance staff was informed that your toilet was running about every twenty minutes. In addition this log indicates that maintenance replaced the toilet’s flapper and made some adjustments to the toilet’s valve in your room. The following day when you brought to our attention that the toilet was still running our maintenance staff decided to perform preventative maintenance on your room that day so that they could stay up in the room for approximately 30 minutes to hear the problem first hand. Unfortunately, the problem did not repeat itself during this time period. Nor, upon receiving your post, could our management staff discover any problems with the toilet.

Your post also indicated that you experienced internet connectivity problems. Our property provides complimentary high speed internet throughout the hotel and has twenty-four hour technical support available to our guests. In addition, we provide a computer in the lobby with internet access for our guests to use. Had our staff been informed of your connectivity issues during your stay we would have contacted our twenty-four hour technical support service to troubleshoot your connectivity issues. The number for technical support is also provided in all of our guests’ rooms for guests who prefer to call technical support directly. We understand how important internet access is to our business travelers and their productivity and are disappointed that we were not given the opportunity to assist you in connecting to our internet service.

During the time period that you were registered our shift logs indicate that our hotel received no noise complaints from any guests in the hotel. During your future travels I would recommend that you notify the front desk staff and if necessary management of noisy neighbors so that appropriate action can be taken to ensure that you have a peaceful stay. Unfortunately hotels are not always aware of guests with loud television sets, and the sorts unless it is brought to their attention.

The Sleep Inn Frederick provides all guests with Sleep Inn’s complementary, signature Morning Medley Breakfast. This breakfast features Maxwell House Café Collections Coffee, juice, fresh fruit, oatmeal, assorted cereals, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, assorted bagels, toast, and assorted pastries such as Danish, donuts, and muffins. I have passed your suggestion on to Choice Hotels International concerning your preference for coffee other than Maxwell House Café Collections.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our hotel with feedback about your recent stay. It is always a privilege to hear from our guests, especially our guests who care enough to provide us with the feedback we can use to make our future guests’ stays even better. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs whether at this hotel or another Sleep Inn location.
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

My company has had us stay at Choice Hotels. Before I started to travel on the road, I worked for WFHM and most of the business people visiting with us stayed at the Sleep Inn. So when I moved away from Frederick, I took the first opportunity to stay and have stayed here many times and I have commuted to Baltimore or anywhere else because I felt right at home. The staff has been the same pleasant staff for the last few years that I have been travelling and the breakfast area has had a good selection of items. I also know from experience that you want to book early if you want to get a room. They are my vote for a Hotel who makes you feel like your home and they will make the extra effort in making sure your stay is a great experience. They are close to so many restaurants, Outback, Olive Garden, Uno's, Carraba's, Cracker Barrel, Steak Houses, Ruby Tuesday, TGIF, Macaroni Grill, Bob Evans to name a few..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our staff. We take great pride in the service that our staff provides.
Worthington, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

We stayed at this location on our way to DC. It was wonderful. The rooms were very clean. The bathroom did not have a tub, just a shower but it was enough space to get a bath. Continental breakfast was offered. Cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruits and beverages. Unfortunately, the breakfast area was not as clean as it could have been, but overall, not bad. Wireless was offered for free. This hotel is located centrally near a huge shopping center but because it is on the end of a quite business center, it is away from the traffic/crowd of the busy mall. If you have kids, there is no pool in this hotel.

It only took us 45 minutes (with heavy traffic) to get to DC and we were all, ready to start our trip! well-worth every dollar if you are looking for a well-priced hotel near DC.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Columbus, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

I normally only stay at hotels with pools for my kids, but we were only staying one night just to sleep while travelling to DC. The room was a bit cramped and the bathroom was smaller than ones on a cruise ship. That being said, the room was spotless and I actually liked the shower stall (there was no bathtub) in the closet-size bathroom. The one irritating thing was the refrigerator in the room - it made a sound like rain on a tin roof all night, off and on, when it ran. I should have unplugged it.

Really, for the price, it was fine. The breakfast was typical continental, but with hard-boiled eggs, which I appreciated. Odd thing --- there was just one set of salt and pepper shakers for the breakfast area, no individual packets, and the breakfast attendant came over to my table and took them saying they were for everyone to share!

The hotel was rather hard to find, kind of hidden at the back of a shopping mall area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

A pleasant comfortable hotel, very well located. I was not happy on check-out. The hotel cleaners banged on my door twice from 8am-9am, waking me. The receptionist also cared more about getting me to vacate the room than my comfort when I was running 10 minutes late.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!