“Reasonable room for the night” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Oswego, New York
“Reasonable room for the night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

After reading the other reviews once we had already checked it we were a little nervous. The room proved to be clean and bug free. We stayed in room 108. The breakfast was the standard fare. It is convieient to a good number of restaurants. Based on our stay here we would stop here on our next trip by.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mount Airy, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in sleep inn. it was nice but there were no bath in the rooms. staff is very nice and willing to help. Very close to mall and shopping. This hotel is not good for family. Rooms nice but very not nothing to do for the kids to do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

While staying in the hotel I encountered bed bugs in room 211. While lying in the bed watching tv I realized something was biting me. When I pulled back the covers the bed was infested with bed bugs. I called the front desk to report. The agent will came to room with new keys to 107. I took pictures of the bugs in 211 as they were crawling all over the walls. Will took the pillow with the biggest bed bug down to his office. The hotel put my clothes in the dryer thinking this will kill anything that may have gotten in my clothes. When the jacket came back the room it was ruined. When I woke up around 5:30am I noticed there bed bugs in the bed of 107. I called the desk to report again. She apologies and stated that she will have it taken care. At this time we are waiting to hear back from the hotel. Our colleagues in room 209 also reported bed bugs. He woke up to find blood spots on this pillow and bite marks on his body. I inform the hotel staff that the hotel maybe infested.

• Stayed January 2013
Parkville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was close proximity to the new year's party I was going to. Check-in was very friendly and went fine, the room seemed clean and was spacious enough for one overnight. However, the evening after my return home, I started developing itchy bumps on my arms and feet. It looked to me to be bed bugs. I called the front desk of the hotel to let them know, and the girl I spoke to didn't seem to care. All she said was "did you report it when you checked out?" Well, no, for two reasons: 1) they hadn't started coming up yet. 2) there was no one at the front desk when I left. No apologies or concern. The exterminator came to my house to see if I'd brought any bugs home with me, and thinks it may have been fleas or dust mites, not bed bugs. While that's a relief, I still have itchy bites all over my arms and didn't get an apology.

Room Tip: check for bugs before you sleep
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We are longtime Choice hotel customers and were very disappointed in this facility. We stayed twice in November. The first time, with Choice points, was fine. Clean, spacious room. Friendly staff, except for the breakfast attendant who could most kindly be described as surly. Our second stay had ladybugs and stnkbugs all over our room and the stairwells. What was most disappointing was the desk clerk's dimissiveness of the problem ("oh, we have them at home, too?") i didn't see any ladybugs in the home I was leaving in Frederick nor did I see them anywhere else we visited. Stay on the top floor and be sure to specify a room away from the elevator and front stairwell as both are noisy well into the morning. Won't be back here.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators and frint stairwell. Third floor is best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay at the Sleep Inn in Frederick (the one by the Francis Scott Key Mall) every couple of months. This place has a wonderful staff. They are friendly, helpful, and make connections with their guests. They remember me by name on all of my return visits. The hotel is extremely clean, quiet, and the location is very convenient. It's close to many restaurants and I-270. The price is fantastic-- very affordable. The WiFi is free, too. I always stay here when I need to be in Frederick for a weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sleepinnmanagement, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind reviw on the Sleep Inn Frederick.
Thurmont, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

During Hurricane Sandy [10.29 - 11.1] we lost power @ home 3+ days, and needed a place to stay. This is our 1st choice in hotels in the Frederick area. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the staff is wonderful. Breakfast is available in the hotel and there are plenty of local resturants nearby for lunch or dinner. If your traveling, it's a really great location to stay, with easy access to all points N,S,E and W.

Room Tip: The single king [non smoking ] is the best. More room than 2 queen bed room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our staff. We take great pride in the service that our staff provides

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!