“It was ok....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Dagsboro, Delaware
“It was ok....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a wedding to go to in Frederick and had my elderly in-laws with us. We checked in and immediately had to change rooms cause my in-law's room had 3 stink bugs and 1 lady bug in it, plus food left in the frig. Stink bugs are common in Maryland, but didn't like them being in the lights of the hotel room. New rooms were bug free. Rooms are big due to no closet. They do have microwaves and frigs. Beds were not the most comfortable and pillows were squares. We always get extra pillows and towels, which were provided in the rooms before we got there.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel itself and rooms were clean. Breakfast: coffee, three kinds of juice, danish, donuts, toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, cereal, oatmeal packets, and hard boiled eggs. Breakfast was until 10 am, which is good for the late sleepers.

The price was good. Location to where we needed to be was good. Also, lots of restaurants and stores all around. Sheets and spreads were older. Our spread had a burn in it. Lots of bleach used in wash cause that's all I smelled on sheets. All rooms had showers, which I prefer. For the price and considering we had two rooms for two nights, it was a good value. If we stayed only one night again, we would probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Hotel rooms are for sure out dated. Our first room wasn't completely clean. Went to the front desk and talked to the girl who was very friendly and very helpful! Moved to a new room that was spotless. It was what a hotel is for, a place to sleep and kick back after a long day...would probably stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms are outdated, and a bit small, but it was clean! Location is close to everything, target, a b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I selected this hotel based almost entirely on location and price; I had business directly across the street at Veterans Affairs and was obliged to comply with the government per diem rate. I did find the hotel adequate for my needs and a value at $79 per night. I also found the hotel a step behind my family stays at Comfort Inns and two steps behind my business stays at Marriott Courtyard. The room and bathroom were small and functional, the lightning was old style florescent tube, and the closet rack was located within the room instead of being concealed. The small/cramped breakfast area could seat a half dozen guests at a time, and the bill at the end of my stay was obtained from the front desk instead of having been slipped under my room door as has become commonplace elsewhere. I was disappointed that exercise room had only one treadmill; even more disappointed that it was not suitable for running - tripped circuit breaker at speeds greater then walking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This suburban location is convenient to the FSK mall, major highways, and has easy access to the historic downtown area. Our weeknight single-night stay while passing through town found the room to be clean and comfortable, and quite quiet. The toilet/shower room is compact, but the shower itself is surprisingly large. Our only frustration was that the electronic key cards we were given would never open the side door to where our car was parked, and only opened our room door after it was re-programmed every time we used it. We would certainly stay there again if we are back in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Yucaipa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was the last night stay of a 3 week vacation for my husband and I and I'm sorry we chose this motel chain.
After a long day visiting the Gettysburg National Park, we came across this motel around 10 at night. For the price of a queen size bed in a motel, we could have stayed at a Marriott, Hilton or even a Sheraton for cheaper. I felt we were ripped off! However, it was late and we did not want to continue driving around looking for places to stay. The room reminded me of a hospital room with cheap furniture and fluorescent lightening which was over the bed with not lamps beside the bed. The mattress was quiet hard and the pillows were in the shape of a square and not rectangular, weird. I would not dare walk on the carpet without any socks on. The bedding seemed to be in need of replacing with interesting spots and holes in it. The bathing towels were covered in stains in which I was afraid of using so I used my beach towel, in which I didn't get to use during my vacation. In addition, the room had a musty mildew smell. No thrills no frills is what you get with this property. I call it a motel because it definitely was not an inn. We will never stay at any of the Choice Hotels again. I would NOT recommend it to my family, friends or YOU!

Room Tip: I would stay somewhere else for a good room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

It was time to stop after a long day's drive, and I wasn't sure where to stay. Having had a few favorable experiences lately with Sleep Inn I decided to try this one. It was late, but the young lady at the desk was extremely effecient and pleasant. The check in was quick, and before I knew it I was in my room. The room was very clean, and probably had received recent updates. The computer service was good, and that is important to me when I'm on the road. The bed was very comfortable. Although I was just there for the night I noticed the room was well-equipped with microwave and fridge. It would be quite comfortable for a family to stay for a vacation. I slept so well that I didn't arise in time for breakfast, so I can't review that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Oddly although our room had been cleaned there were no towels, soap or shampoo at check in. The front desk corrected this. Our stay was pleasant. The wifi worked fine which is always a plus. The breakfast was good. Hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs and some sort of sausage in addition to the usual doughnuts and toast. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!