“excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
culpeper
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed in this motel last year and I stayed last week at this motel. What an imorovement!!
It was really really a great stay. E'thing was new. It is better then some of the big names!!!!!. No doubt I dont have to come to this town quite often but I would like to stay at this "Mainstay" whenever I will visti in future. The staff was very cordial and resposive. I wold like to ask to choice whether all 'Mainstays are like this?" I will strongly recommend people to stay at this motel as it is very economical(compare to other motels in the town) and have excellent service and better quality rooms. I would like to convey my thanks to all staff members and owner for their great job!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Wish I would have read May 1 entry before I went...Stayed in one of the 1st floor,yet to be remodeled rooms....YUCK! Nice idea with kitchen and separate bed area but not only did the rooms need updated terribly..they could keep it clean until then. The lovely scenery of dumpters out our windows was a plus! Had i known, I would have definitely asked to switch rooms. Advertising and pictures were very decieving. Loss of $220. this is why we stay home more.......

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Swartz Creek, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were traveling on business with my husband (4 kids) we were originally booked into a first floor room, we went in and decided that this hotel was NOT for us. Went to the front desk to check out (they were very kind about it), they asked us if we wanted to be moved to another room, that they had just remodeled the 3rd floor. Reluctantly my husband went to check out the room. The third floor was BEAUTIFUL and VERY CLEAN!! We LOVE our room, it's not top of the line but it's clean and updated. We have had a great stay, the continental breakfast is good, with 4 kids we found something for everyone to eat, and they have fresh coffee all day. The hotel staff is very kind and helpful. I would stay here again, if we were to stay in the renovated rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms, they are all NEW, quiet and clean! I would NOT stay in the rooms that h...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I had to literally live here for two weeks. The room had a good size, kitchen had pots and utensils. The room was always clean. The best customer service i have had was from Raja Thakkar. He thought before I could on how to tend to my needs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011
Alvin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I am working in Frederick and have been at this hotel for over a month. The hotel grounds are clean and well kept. The housekeeping does a great job of keeping everything looking nice in my room and in the public areas. The front desk staff are always friendly and quick to greet me with a smile as I come in. They welcome my cats and are careful to not let them escape when housekeeping or maintenance comes in. I have yet to hear any noise from my neighbors. Overall, this has been a great hotel experience and if I ever get the chance to come back, I will stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My boyfriend and I stay at MainStay Suites in Frederick and we always have a great time. The gentleman at the front desk Raja is always very helpful. We actually asked for a different room so we could have on with a bath tub not just a shower and if the hotel wasn't booked Raja said he would be able to help us with changing rooms. This is the best hotel my boyfriend and I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Went to this establishment for the "suite" in the name. Did not check Trip Advisor. Suite was not separate rooms, more like a studio. Staff pleasant. After checking in went to room and immediately found bedbug snuggled up to the light switch by the bed headboard. Immediately left and asked to have check-in canceled. Quickly done. Almost seemed like they were used to this.

Room Tip: Avoid unless you want to take a chance on bugs.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family