“Next best thing to home” 4 of 5 stars

MainStay Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7310 Executive Way, Frederick, MD 21704   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Alvin, Texas, United States
“Next best thing to home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I am working in Frederick and have been at this hotel for over a month. The hotel grounds are clean and well kept. The housekeeping does a great job of keeping everything looking nice in my room and in the public areas. The front desk staff are always friendly and quick to greet me with a smile as I come in. They welcome my cats and are careful to not let them escape when housekeeping or maintenance comes in. I have yet to hear any noise from my neighbors. Overall, this has been a great hotel experience and if I ever get the chance to come back, I will stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My boyfriend and I stay at MainStay Suites in Frederick and we always have a great time. The gentleman at the front desk Raja is always very helpful. We actually asked for a different room so we could have on with a bath tub not just a shower and if the hotel wasn't booked Raja said he would be able to help us with changing rooms. This is the best hotel my boyfriend and I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Went to this establishment for the "suite" in the name. Did not check Trip Advisor. Suite was not separate rooms, more like a studio. Staff pleasant. After checking in went to room and immediately found bedbug snuggled up to the light switch by the bed headboard. Immediately left and asked to have check-in canceled. Quickly done. Almost seemed like they were used to this.

Room Tip: Avoid unless you want to take a chance on bugs.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This place is SO GROSS... I got an infection from using the HOT TUB... I ended up calling the Frederick County Health Department and they had to shut the HOT TUB down due to being so dirty. I really want to sue this place for giving me this infection. PLEASE DONT STAY HERE, It is the MOST DISGUSITING place ever. DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY. If your kids were in the hot tub or if you were in the HOT TUB on the week of June 19 of 2010 you need to get your self tested for trich virus. I am SERIOUS. I got it from this hot tub.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I didn't have as bad of an experience at this hotel as other reviewers. The staff was very friendly and provided cookies and newspapers in the lobby for guests. Although my room was clean, it needed a new paint job. There were many black marks on the entrance way to the suite.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Amherst, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I reserved a room for myself, my wife and son for 2 nights at this hotel staying in this area for a Bat Mitzvah. We checked into the hotel Friday night. When we returned to the hotel on Saturday afternoon to get ready for the party the manager, Mr. Kaushal Shah, was running down the hallway proclaiming "You have to move out of your room right now!!" (He had changed the code on the lock so we had no choice.) He claimed we only had a reservation for one night and a large group was here for a wedding and we had to leave. We showed him the reservation we made through the corporate website and he claimed that corporate must have made a mistake. It was only after I insisted he call corporate and let me speak to them that he offered another room in the nearby Comfort Inn. (It was a smoking room and the windows didn't open. We wound up spending the night in the lobby because the air in the room was so foul and unventiated. In reviewing this issue with corporate they admitted that the hotel had changed the reservation. This manager was nasty and dishonest. I thought it was curious that he did not ask to see the reservation when I check in (a customary procedure) He probably had this planned since he received the request for a block of rooms and was probably short one room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

My husband works 2 and 1/2 hours from home. I wanted to take my children (a 5 month old and a 6 year old) on a special getaway for the New Year holiday. We were checked into room 316. It was the most filthy place I have ever seen. The dust on the tv was so thick my 6 year old decided to write on it. The counter tops had hair, dirt, and FILTH all over them. The toilet and shower were not cleaned since the previous checked out guest. I called the front desk and requested a room change. The front desk clerk told me that she could move us to another room "right down the hall". We moved into our current room. It was not as FILTHY as our previous room but it wasn't the best. While getting ready for bed tonight the hotel phone rang. He said that he was the front desk clerk on duty. He proceeded to tell me that I had to pay an extra $20 per night for our room because our room has two beds. I told him that we would move to another room in the morning if he guaranteed that it would be clean. He said that he couldn't promise that. NICE!!! After admitting that it was the front desk clerks fault for not telling me that I had to pay an extra $20 a night he proceeded to yell and me and ACTUALLY HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked his name and he told me that he wouldn't give it to me and told me that he "dared me to come down to see him in person to get it". I told him that I had a baby and a six year old with me and he told me that he didn't care about my kids. I am still in the room and truly do NOT FEEL SAFE HERE!!! I have never been talked to the way he talked to me. My six year old is so scared and afraid that he will come up to our room and hurt us!!! NICE!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! IT IS DIRTY AND THE GUEST SERVICE IS THE WORST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!