“Clean and Comfortable with Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Athens, Greece
“Clean and Comfortable with Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When you book a room at a Courtyard hotel in America the expectation is exactly as stated in the title of this review. We stayed there while visiting family in the area after our usual host began having water issues at their house. After our long transatlantic journey, we delighted to arrive at the hotel to find a modern lobby, and helpful front desk staff. One gentleman even helped us recycle some amazon boxes that were dropped off by my in laws. Not to sound like a broken record but the best compliment that I can give is that there isn't anything I could have asked for to make the stay better! For example, we had a last minute change to our departure date, the nice lady manager was right there to help her new staff member adjust our reservation and she quickly made new keys so that my wife and I wouldn't get locked out.

We didn't have time to use the pool, gym or restaurant but from what I saw all looked great too! This will be my go to property in this area for future visits.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We blocked off rooms for our daughter's wedding and were so pleased with the expereience. From speaking to the hotel's staff during the booking, making changes, etc., to our last check out, everyone was pleasant and accomodating. The hotel was packed for 3 wedding parties but no one was stressed or unpleasant. Rooms were clean and efficient, if not spacious. The mattress was much too soft for my comfort but I guess more people like that these days. Great touch to have the bar/snack area. Only wish it were opened longer as the one day we came back mid-afternoon hungry, the 24 hour marketplace was sold out of sandwiches and the bar wasn't yet open. Otherwise, no complaints and all smiles.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have not stayed at this property for awhile..returned and found it just as great as the last time I stayed. Was upgraded to a King balcony...very comfortable and very clean.

Although I did not eat here, I did "reside" at the bar a couple of nights. The Bartender/server/order taker/cook Keyana was phenomenal! No matter how busy the Bistro/bar was she never got flustered or lost her smile. She is definitely a role model for other employees!

It is within walking distance of a shopping/restaurant area and a very short drive to a supermarket.

Room Tip: The property is set back from the main road so just about any room is quiet. The nosier ones tends t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for a destination wedding at a nearby Farm. Who knew that there would be so many weddings in July and that Frederick was the place to be! There were 3 other wedding groups in the hotel the same weekend. We could tell because all 3 weddings had 'welcome bags' left at the desk. They had to sort through them to find ours! I have to give it to the management of the Courtyard because they did not confuse us. The hotel was big enough to support all of three groups! Anyway, our rooms were very nice, but identical to other Courtyards across the country. The Bistro was typical. Service was very nice throughout the hotel. The backyard area had a nice waterfall with couches around it, we visited with each other over the course of the two days we were there. Located not more than 5 minutes from the Francis Scott Key Mall (wonder what Francis Scott Key would think about having a shopping mall named after him) -- this was good because we forgot things we needed for the weekend. And there were lots of interesting restaurants in the area and another strip mall within walking distance.

Room Tip: There are no views from the windows, so take your pick.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel was very clean and modern looking in the lobby. I stayed on the 1st floor and expected it to be noisy in the morning since I was near where the breakfast was located, but it was not at all. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. It was the perfect hotel for a quick stay, and there is a large shopping center with a movie theater, and shops across the street.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Courtyard is a nice hotel. It seems new and the room was clean and modern. There were many places in which to plug in electronics and the bed was comfortable. The area is quiet, but there are restaurants nearby.
There is an eating area in the hotel, but nothing is complimentary.
The only negative thing I can say is that we were told there were only two luggage carts. After waiting more than 30 minutes for one, a hotel employee carried our luggage to our room.
I would stay here again, but I hope they get more carts.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Turnersville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Frederick mid June 2014 for a wedding reception in the area. We really enjoyed the hotel. Very clean, very comfortable, super great service. We got to our room which had 2 queen beds and I thought I reserved a King. I called the front desk and they kindly explained that I had booked a queen and there were no kings available but if things changed they would let me know.... 5 minutes later, they had a King for me!! GREAT SERVICE

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Frederick? Share your experiences!