“Here for a wedding!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Here for a wedding!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for a destination wedding at a nearby Farm. Who knew that there would be so many weddings in July and that Frederick was the place to be! There were 3 other wedding groups in the hotel the same weekend. We could tell because all 3 weddings had 'welcome bags' left at the desk. They had to sort through them to find ours! I have to give it to the management of the Courtyard because they did not confuse us. The hotel was big enough to support all of three groups! Anyway, our rooms were very nice, but identical to other Courtyards across the country. The Bistro was typical. Service was very nice throughout the hotel. The backyard area had a nice waterfall with couches around it, we visited with each other over the course of the two days we were there. Located not more than 5 minutes from the Francis Scott Key Mall (wonder what Francis Scott Key would think about having a shopping mall named after him) -- this was good because we forgot things we needed for the weekend. And there were lots of interesting restaurants in the area and another strip mall within walking distance.

Room Tip: There are no views from the windows, so take your pick.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank NeedsNEscape

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel was very clean and modern looking in the lobby. I stayed on the 1st floor and expected it to be noisy in the morning since I was near where the breakfast was located, but it was not at all. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. It was the perfect hotel for a quick stay, and there is a large shopping center with a movie theater, and shops across the street.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Courtyard is a nice hotel. It seems new and the room was clean and modern. There were many places in which to plug in electronics and the bed was comfortable. The area is quiet, but there are restaurants nearby.
There is an eating area in the hotel, but nothing is complimentary.
The only negative thing I can say is that we were told there were only two luggage carts. After waiting more than 30 minutes for one, a hotel employee carried our luggage to our room.
I would stay here again, but I hope they get more carts.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Turnersville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Frederick mid June 2014 for a wedding reception in the area. We really enjoyed the hotel. Very clean, very comfortable, super great service. We got to our room which had 2 queen beds and I thought I reserved a King. I called the front desk and they kindly explained that I had booked a queen and there were no kings available but if things changed they would let me know.... 5 minutes later, they had a King for me!! GREAT SERVICE

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

It is difficult for me to say anything poor about Marriott. I am platinum, and I do get all my perks. This hotel was convenient to my business and to a bunch of local restaurants. Also ate in the hotel restaurant, which I rate a very good.

My room was fine, and the hotel staff did a bending-over-backwards thing to make me feel welcome and comfy.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was disappointed with this hotel. The beds in the room are uncomfortable and the chair in the room feels like a used catchers mitt . Their is nothing for free except the business center. No free coffee in the rooms and no free breakfast of any kind which surprises me especially for the high rate paid to stay here compared to other hotels in the area (not even free coffee in the AM if you want coffee you pay for it) They have a restaurant but it was only open for breakfast and dinner, no lunch. The price is unknown but an IHOP, Fridays and McDonalds are right across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John21111
Sharon B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Frederick, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Marriott has designed the Courtyard Brand of hotels with the Bistro concept offering Starbucks coffee beverages, breakfast options and evening fare for purchase. We do have in our Frederick area, additional Marriott hotel choices for travellers looking for additional options to include; the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and the TownePlace Suties offering a complimentary breakfast and morning complimentary coffee.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Most Cordially,
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I often stay in Marriott's so I know what to expect. Greeted by a great staff and manager. I went to my room and it smelled like cigarette smoke so I was going to returned to the desk and asked for another room...no big deal. Well the staff saw me coming and asked if everything was ok and I told them no and all about the smell of the cigarette smoke. Well they sincerely apologized many times and quickly gave me a different room. Because I was on the same floor I witnessed the manager going to the room that smelled like cigarette smoke and calling on the radio to have the room fumigated and cleaned. Very impressed by their quick response of the manager and staff.They are all about taking care of their customers. I will be back just to support them

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business