“Convenient location, comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Yorktown, VA
“Convenient location, comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

It's easy to get into Frederick from here, just off an interstate exit. It has a pleasing decor, both in the lobby and in the rooms. Our room had a king-sized bed, a long desk/bureau combo, a small fridge and a couch.The foam filled pillows were the absolute best of any Marriott we've been to in the past few years - hooray! Usually they are rock hard little things, but not these; wish all Marrriotts would use them! The bed was softer than I like but still quite comfortable.
Only complaint is that the HVAC system in the room was hard to adjust to the "right" temperature. Just one degree made the difference between a little too cold and a little too hot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Courtyard has been re-done in the past year, both the rooms and the bistro. Rooms nicely done. The Bistro a good place for breakfast (tip: the Healthy Choice is delicious--I had it both mornings) and Starbucks coffee served. They're also open for a light dinner and serve wine in the evening.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Matt C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Frederick, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear bishoparc,

Thank you for the feedback. Nice summary of our great amenities. The Bistro has some seasonal specials not in our printed menu you may want to try next time. Right now we have a chicken walnut salad on a croissant that's really good.

Thanks again.

Pace, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff at this Courtyard were very friendly. I arrived at the hotel around noon and was allowed to check in. Room was clean and surprisingly the beds were comfortable. Rooms have a mini fridge, LCD TV, and the bathroom is spacious.

The "bistro" in the lobby is very limited on the food they offer so you'll want to go eat elsewhere but there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

They have large seating areas downstairs and even have a nice area outside with a fire-pit however I didn't ever see it in use.

Overall a decent hotel and will probably stay there again next time I'm up there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Matt C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Frederick, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear bishoparc,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm particularly glad you thought our pillow top mattresses were comfortable. We are very fortunately to have excellent restaurants in Frederick.

Thanks again.

New Castle, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Niccole and Alice are the best. I stay in Hotels all the time and the difference between an average hotel and a great hotel is as much the people as the property. This location has both. Everyone that who represents this property truly cares about their guest and can’t do enough for them. Excellent time – excellent property

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shen 10_12,

Thank you for recognizing that our great folks made a difference.

Highest Regards,

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at this Courtyard Marriott because we had points for a free night and wanted to go to Volt. None of the B&Bs had reviews that made them worth the stay so we opted for a free night at the Courtyard Marriott. Though not particularly close to downtown Frederick, the hotel is fine and recently updated. However being a Courtyard Marriott, they still have uncomfortable beds. The heater in our room seemed to have some issues and made a terrible noise when on. Getting to downtown Frederick was very easy. The hotel called us a taxi and it took about 15-20 minutes. We plan to return to Volt and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I consider myself to be a hotel snob with a middle class budget. Generally speaking I hate hotels. But my job and vacations demand that I use them. So I do a ton of research, even for one night stays. I recently had to spent a night in Frederick, MD. I chose this hotel based on solid reviews. This was one of the best hotels I stayed in an awfully long time. I will list the highs (and one low) in bullet point form for easier reading.

1) The front desk staff: I got there at noon and my room was not ready. I left my luggage at the hotel and continued to my meetings. When I returned at about 8 pm I was extremely grumpy from a long day. But a woman at the front desk named Barbara perked me up. She gave me a little history of the hotel and ownership and never stopped smiling. It was something positive about her demeanor that made me feel a little more energetic. Even though I was tired I went downstairs, after going to my room, to workout.

2) The gym: It was small but very clean. Two treadmills, one stationary bike and an elliptical machine. Each had its own TV and the equipment was very modern. It also had dumbbells and a weight bench. It would be nice if the gym had exercise mats for those who stretch on the floor or do crunches. I had to use towels to place under me which seems like a waste. I didn't go to the pool but it seemed clean and well maintained. There was a fire pit outside which seemed relaxing.

3) The lobby: it was very clean, modern and well appointed. Nice lounge with a large TV. Nice bar for beer and wine and light fare.

4) The room: It was very clean with fairly new furniture and a nice flat screen TV. I had two queen beds. The room was spacious and thankfully did not have that carpet fresh odor often used by hotels to hide smells. I had a good sleep which is very hard for me to have in a hotel.

Overall: My only complaint was that the wifi was not working in my room. But I was too tired to call and ask them to check it. Other than that, I have no complaints. If every hotel I stay in for the rest of my life was like the Courtyard in Frederick, MD I will be a happy person. Whenever I am in that area it will be my No. 1 choice.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
cnoty,

Wow - what a great summary. Thank you for all the feedback. I added an exercise mat in the exercise room recently. Hope to have you here again.

Regards,

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

If you’ve stayed in Courtyards before you’ll have a pretty good idea what to expect here. My partner and I stayed here for five nights as part of a large group attending a nearby wedding. We arrived with high expectations and left feeling they’d been met. We were welcomed warmly by the front desk clerk and, throughout the stay, were greeted and served at a high level by all the staff. All our questions were answered and advice was freely given when we asked. The cool touch screen in the lobby offers directions to restaurants and nearby attractions, easily printed out.

The lobby and other public areas were great for hanging out with our without food and drink. We particularly appreciated the lobby “bistro.” It was open for several hours in the morning for breakfast and in the evening for drinks or a light supper. The offerings, while not extensive, seemed carefully chosen to meet basic needs. We had breakfast there at least three times and were quite satisfied. (The prices were only slightly higher than the nearby IHop or Bob Evans). Also in the lobby are three free computers and printers and a large screen TV, but on the side so it doesn’t dominate the space. Rooms have a coffee maker but there was free coffee in the lobby all morning.

We didn’t use the pool or exercise room but others who did pronounced both inviting and well equipped.

The room was fine with typical Marriott bedding and bathroom appointments. A nice pullout desk with plenty of outlets and room for our laptops. The free WiFi worked consistently but – pet peeve – required frequent reregistration. Insufficient drawer space for our clothes forced use of the sofa for overflow. The hotel gets extra points for having room-darkening shades that worked so well we were able to sleep in a couple of days. Others have complained about noisy rooms; we found ours to be quite quiet.

There don’t seem to be any hotels in the historic area of Frederick, but the Courtyard is only about ten minutes away if that’s your destination. If you’re a history buff, the area is full of Civil War sites, and Gettysburg is under an hour.

Overall, a pretty nice place. I’d happily return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Frederick? Share your experiences!