I consider myself to be a hotel snob with a middle class budget. Generally speaking I hate hotels. But my job and vacations demand that I use them. So I do a ton of research, even for one night stays. I recently had to spent a night in Frederick, MD. I chose this hotel based on solid reviews. This was one of the best hotels I stayed in an awfully long time. I will list the highs (and one low) in bullet point form for easier reading.
1) The front desk staff: I got there at noon and my room was not ready. I left my luggage at the hotel and continued to my meetings. When I returned at about 8 pm I was extremely grumpy from a long day. But a woman at the front desk named Barbara perked me up. She gave me a little history of the hotel and ownership and never stopped smiling. It was something positive about her demeanor that made me feel a little more energetic. Even though I was tired I went downstairs, after going to my room, to workout.
2) The gym: It was small but very clean. Two treadmills, one stationary bike and an elliptical machine. Each had its own TV and the equipment was very modern. It also had dumbbells and a weight bench. It would be nice if the gym had exercise mats for those who stretch on the floor or do crunches. I had to use towels to place under me which seems like a waste. I didn't go to the pool but it seemed clean and well maintained. There was a fire pit outside which seemed relaxing.
3) The lobby: it was very clean, modern and well appointed. Nice lounge with a large TV. Nice bar for beer and wine and light fare.
4) The room: It was very clean with fairly new furniture and a nice flat screen TV. I had two queen beds. The room was spacious and thankfully did not have that carpet fresh odor often used by hotels to hide smells. I had a good sleep which is very hard for me to have in a hotel.
Overall: My only complaint was that the wifi was not working in my room. But I was too tired to call and ask them to check it. Other than that, I have no complaints. If every hotel I stay in for the rest of my life was like the Courtyard in Frederick, MD I will be a happy person. Whenever I am in that area it will be my No. 1 choice.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Frederick Hotel Frederick
- Courtyard By Marriott Frederick Hotel
- Courtyard Frederick
- Frederick Courtyard
- Frederick Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll find that the new state-of-the-art lobby and newly renovated sleeping rooms at our Courtyard Frederick MD hotel provides greater flexibility and choice, featuring; inviting, productive spaces to work or relax, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our hotel's new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect., which provides healthy offerings in the morning, plus dinner service with cocktails in the evenings. You'll find outdoor spaces with a Fire Pit & Pond and plenty of seating, indoor pool, plus, a well-equipped fitness center, 24-hour self-serve business center and Quick Print station. Our new rooms offer comforts of home and ample work space. Conveniently located less than 30 miles from either Baltimore or Washington, DC,near the I-70 and I-270 interchange and just minutes from Historic Downtown Frederick. Your stay at the Courtyard Frederick MD hotel is sure to be more comfortable, productive and enjoyable than ever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Venere, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Frederick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.