If you’ve stayed in Courtyards before you’ll have a pretty good idea what to expect here. My partner and I stayed here for five nights as part of a large group attending a nearby wedding. We arrived with high expectations and left feeling they’d been met. We were welcomed warmly by the front desk clerk and, throughout the stay, were greeted and served at a high level by all the staff. All our questions were answered and advice was freely given when we asked. The cool touch screen in the lobby offers directions to restaurants and nearby attractions, easily printed out.
The lobby and other public areas were great for hanging out with our without food and drink. We particularly appreciated the lobby “bistro.” It was open for several hours in the morning for breakfast and in the evening for drinks or a light supper. The offerings, while not extensive, seemed carefully chosen to meet basic needs. We had breakfast there at least three times and were quite satisfied. (The prices were only slightly higher than the nearby IHop or Bob Evans). Also in the lobby are three free computers and printers and a large screen TV, but on the side so it doesn’t dominate the space. Rooms have a coffee maker but there was free coffee in the lobby all morning.
We didn’t use the pool or exercise room but others who did pronounced both inviting and well equipped.
The room was fine with typical Marriott bedding and bathroom appointments. A nice pullout desk with plenty of outlets and room for our laptops. The free WiFi worked consistently but – pet peeve – required frequent reregistration. Insufficient drawer space for our clothes forced use of the sofa for overflow. The hotel gets extra points for having room-darkening shades that worked so well we were able to sleep in a couple of days. Others have complained about noisy rooms; we found ours to be quite quiet.
There don’t seem to be any hotels in the historic area of Frederick, but the Courtyard is only about ten minutes away if that’s your destination. If you’re a history buff, the area is full of Civil War sites, and Gettysburg is under an hour.
Overall, a pretty nice place. I’d happily return.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Frederick Hotel Frederick
- Courtyard By Marriott Frederick Hotel
- Courtyard Frederick
- Frederick Courtyard
- Frederick Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll find that the new state-of-the-art lobby and newly renovated sleeping rooms at our Courtyard Frederick MD hotel provides greater flexibility and choice, featuring; inviting, productive spaces to work or relax, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our hotel's new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect., which provides healthy offerings in the morning, plus dinner service with cocktails in the evenings. You'll find outdoor spaces with a Fire Pit & Pond and plenty of seating, indoor pool, plus, a well-equipped fitness center, 24-hour self-serve business center and Quick Print station. Our new rooms offer comforts of home and ample work space. Conveniently located less than 30 miles from either Baltimore or Washington, DC,near the I-70 and I-270 interchange and just minutes from Historic Downtown Frederick. Your stay at the Courtyard Frederick MD hotel is sure to be more comfortable, productive and enjoyable than ever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Frederick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.