“Great Time - Family Fun (Wedding Weekend)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Augusta, Georgia
“Great Time - Family Fun (Wedding Weekend)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This Courtyard by Marriott exceeds my expectations in a Family/Business stay type hotel.
Outdoor Garden area with fire pit: Awesome
Indoor Pool: Great for kids
Exercise Room: Very nice, complete with free weights (dumb bells)
The rooms: Clean and well maintained
Breakfast: A little on the slow side, but it is cooked to order, not a buffet - but very good food.
Overall: Very Good stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Good location as it was across the street from a shopping plaza. This came in handy when my planned 2 night business trip turned into a stop over to FL for 4 more nights due to an ill grandfather.

The lobby "restaurant" had good basic food. The ice cream sundae was great! Happy hour offered reasonable prices on drinks. I thought the food prices were too high.

Clean room, updated and very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We regularly stay in Federick on our way to North Carolina. This year we went back to this hotel after having stayed at another nearby property for the last couple of years. One reason we have been away was that this property was undergoing renovations. The renovations are now complete and they look wonderful. The bistro/bar area is a nice change and lobby is very open and contemporary. They have also upgraded the outdoor patio with new wicker furniture and an open fire pit. We sat around in the evening and enjoyed the relatively seasonal weather. Staff were very courteous and helped my wife find the nearest Target. The rooms were nice and acceptable for a stay of only one night. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will undoubtedly visit again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lebanon, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My 2 sisters and I arrived late afternoon, we checked in only to find a rather smallish room for the 3 of us. The bathroom was tiny, and the foyer was tight. We had explained to the front desk that we were down visiting family two of us had traveled over 500 miles from New England and wanted to be treated special..but that did not happen. I the front desk girl had been more accomdating and understood that we needed more space I think we would have been happier. In fact we had another sister come in later the next day so 4 of us ladies were in a smallish room, very crowded with our luggage etc.
I m sure they could have given us a bigger room..after all its a Marriot Courtyard.
The onsite breakfast was excellent and prepared well, we enjoyed our breakfasts.
all in all it was just ok but not up to the standards we had thought we were getting as we could have stayed at a Sleep Inn for much less and it may have been a bigger room.

Room Tip: Just realize that there is Nothing Special about this Courtlyard. It may be wise to shop around if y...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Completely surprised by our stay a few weeks ago. I knew Courtyard's are fairly predictable and good quality, but this hotel blew away our expectations.
I'm not sure how long ago the renovations were made to this hotel, but it honestly equals some 4 star hotels that I have stayed at in the past - seriously.
Walk in to the lobby and there is a giant smart screen where the front desk can help you with directions/restaurants/etc... and print out information onsite. I have worked in hotels for 12 years, and I have never seen or heard of anything like that.
The pool, hot tub & gym were all definitely above average and renovated too. The bar/cafe definitely served its purpose - still can't believe someone made and served me a Starbucks latte when I was checking out. The bar at night was incredible as was a big screen tv on the inside, and an incredible outdoor area with walking space and a gathering area with a gas fire pit in the middle. When we were there, the front desk turned on the fire pit for us, and we had a few beers out there. A few other hotel guests joined us - few more beers - and we had a great chat.
The suite was above average and the staff were nice, but the hotel itself was really over the top.
Extremely positive experience. We were only there for 1 night passing through on our way to North Carolina. Quick and easy - located close to the highway and a lot of restaurants (of all types). If I lived close to this hotel, I would absolutely be going on mini-getaways there - it was that good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here for business last month. The lobby had been recenlty refreshed but the room was so so. The staff was pleasant and the location convenient. The walls between the rooms are not well insulated and one can easily here conversation, bathroom activities and television.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
1,252 reviews 1,252 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Overall, I had a very nice experience at the Frederick Courtyard Marriott. I arrived at 12:30 AM, in route to Washington, D.C. Even though I had no reservation, the front desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating in giving me a choice of rooms, and then getting me checked in. The rooms itself was fairly nice, with a great bed and clean surroundings. My only problems was that there were three women in the next room who were talking, and simply would not stop. My room was adjoined to theirs with a pass-through door, which appeared to amplify sound. At 2:30 AM, when I finally dropped off to sleep, they were still talking. AND, when I returned from breakfast at 9:00 AM, they were still at it!!! (I didn't know there were that many things to talk about!)

Anyway, this hotel also has a nice array of public rooms, including one fireplace pit in a sitting room near the pool that looked REALLY nice. Had I the time to investigate, it looked like a comfortable place to sit with a book and relax.

On thing you should know about this hotel, though, is that the breakfast is NOT complimentary. You must pay for it, and it did not look especially cheap. No matter; there is an iHop (International House of Pancakes) right across the street that serves inexpensive and attractive lunches.

Summary: this was a nice hotel, and I would gladly return.

Room Tip: Pick a room that is not adjoined to another room with a pass-through door.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Frederick? Share your experiences!