“did not love it” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Lebanon, New Hampshire
“did not love it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My 2 sisters and I arrived late afternoon, we checked in only to find a rather smallish room for the 3 of us. The bathroom was tiny, and the foyer was tight. We had explained to the front desk that we were down visiting family two of us had traveled over 500 miles from New England and wanted to be treated special..but that did not happen. I the front desk girl had been more accomdating and understood that we needed more space I think we would have been happier. In fact we had another sister come in later the next day so 4 of us ladies were in a smallish room, very crowded with our luggage etc.
I m sure they could have given us a bigger room..after all its a Marriot Courtyard.
The onsite breakfast was excellent and prepared well, we enjoyed our breakfasts.
all in all it was just ok but not up to the standards we had thought we were getting as we could have stayed at a Sleep Inn for much less and it may have been a bigger room.

Room Tip: Just realize that there is Nothing Special about this Courtlyard. It may be wise to shop around if y...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Completely surprised by our stay a few weeks ago. I knew Courtyard's are fairly predictable and good quality, but this hotel blew away our expectations.
I'm not sure how long ago the renovations were made to this hotel, but it honestly equals some 4 star hotels that I have stayed at in the past - seriously.
Walk in to the lobby and there is a giant smart screen where the front desk can help you with directions/restaurants/etc... and print out information onsite. I have worked in hotels for 12 years, and I have never seen or heard of anything like that.
The pool, hot tub & gym were all definitely above average and renovated too. The bar/cafe definitely served its purpose - still can't believe someone made and served me a Starbucks latte when I was checking out. The bar at night was incredible as was a big screen tv on the inside, and an incredible outdoor area with walking space and a gathering area with a gas fire pit in the middle. When we were there, the front desk turned on the fire pit for us, and we had a few beers out there. A few other hotel guests joined us - few more beers - and we had a great chat.
The suite was above average and the staff were nice, but the hotel itself was really over the top.
Extremely positive experience. We were only there for 1 night passing through on our way to North Carolina. Quick and easy - located close to the highway and a lot of restaurants (of all types). If I lived close to this hotel, I would absolutely be going on mini-getaways there - it was that good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here for business last month. The lobby had been recenlty refreshed but the room was so so. The staff was pleasant and the location convenient. The walls between the rooms are not well insulated and one can easily here conversation, bathroom activities and television.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
1,480 reviews 1,480 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Overall, I had a very nice experience at the Frederick Courtyard Marriott. I arrived at 12:30 AM, in route to Washington, D.C. Even though I had no reservation, the front desk clerk was very friendly and accommodating in giving me a choice of rooms, and then getting me checked in. The rooms itself was fairly nice, with a great bed and clean surroundings. My only problems was that there were three women in the next room who were talking, and simply would not stop. My room was adjoined to theirs with a pass-through door, which appeared to amplify sound. At 2:30 AM, when I finally dropped off to sleep, they were still talking. AND, when I returned from breakfast at 9:00 AM, they were still at it!!! (I didn't know there were that many things to talk about!)

Anyway, this hotel also has a nice array of public rooms, including one fireplace pit in a sitting room near the pool that looked REALLY nice. Had I the time to investigate, it looked like a comfortable place to sit with a book and relax.

On thing you should know about this hotel, though, is that the breakfast is NOT complimentary. You must pay for it, and it did not look especially cheap. No matter; there is an iHop (International House of Pancakes) right across the street that serves inexpensive and attractive lunches.

Summary: this was a nice hotel, and I would gladly return.

Room Tip: Pick a room that is not adjoined to another room with a pass-through door.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We didn't spend much time here... checked in at 10 pm and left about 9 in the morning. We wanted a good night's sleep though and we know that Marriott beds and pillows are usually pretty wonderful. No disappointment here. Clean room (2 Queen beds) and bathroom... really great shower head and water pressure... fluffy white towels. Front desk was helpful and there was a nearby cooler with soft drinks, beer, and wine that was open until 11 pm. (Pay at the front desk or add it to your bill.) It was a rainy and cool day the next morning, but through the window we could see a really lovely courtyard area with a lawn, fountain, and lots of patio chairs... would be great on a nice day.
(We did not stay for breakfast, but the desk did make sure to tell us that it was not included in the room rate.)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Linthicum Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This newly renovated property is one of the nicest Courtyard's I have stayed in. The lobby is bright and modern with a Bistro and Bar also serving Starbucks, which the food was great by the way, and service was quick and convenient. The front desk staff was very helpful with explaining the area to me. and helping in any way they could. The rooms...the rooms are breath taking. They are brand new!! Great colors, more modern decor and the comforts of home like single cup coffee, and amazing beds. i had a room with a balcony overlooking the beautiful courtyard that had a huge firepit and a pond with a waterfall. Rooms were very clean and had everthing I would have needed staying overnight or for a couple weeks. I got the Stay for Breakfast Rate which included breakfast and was only a couple dollars more than the regular rate. They have plenty to choose from!! Made to order eggs, breakfast sandwhiches, oatmeal, ceareals, muffins, scones, bagels, and Im sure so much more I could hardly decide what to eat, of course I grabbed a Starbucks drink (a small coffee is included in Breakfast Room Rate) The morning staff was friendly and very attentive, clearing my plate as soon as I was done.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the building have a beautiful view of the courtyard with firepit and pond. My r...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Matt C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Frederick, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! Wow - nice summary. I know the owners take a lot of pride and their reinvestments really show. The staff does as well. I'm lucky!
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed at this shabby Marriott for a week in October 2011. It was warm and the windows were open and I assumed I was getting a mosquito or spider bite. However, when I returned home and continued to get bites I put two and two together and sure enough it was bed bugs. I called the hotel and they "inspected" the room and adamantly denied there were any bed bugs. I have never had bed bugs before and it was the only place I had been in months and the bites started while I was there. It is now five months and three treatments later and I am still battling them. Beware!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Matt C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Frederick, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
We spoke to this guest before and after numerous inspections of this room and before a complete rooms renovation where all furniture and bedding was replaced and no other complaints or evidence was found.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Frederick? Share your experiences!