“HORRIBLE NEVER STAY THERE!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

You added Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Fort Drum, New York
“HORRIBLE NEVER STAY THERE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The front clerk was an absolute nightmare. She was unfriendly and rude. The condition of the room was absolutely DISGUSTING. There were stains on the mattress covers of BOTH beds. The room smelled of cigarette smoke (the entire floor did in fact and it was "non smoking"). There were stains all over the walls in every room. I took some pictures! The bathroom was not cleaned well since there were pubic hairs all over that were there when we arrived!!

The Grab and Go breakfast fruit has molding and rotting.

We got there at 1 am with two little children, so were forced to stay. That was the most disgusting experience of my life. I would not ever recommend this hotel to anyone. I have stayed in hotels all over the world, in third world countries even, and this was the most disgusting place I've ever set foot in.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel to get a good room ;)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so sorry that you received such poor service from our front desk staff. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I will be meeting with my staff to discuss customer service standards to prevent your experience from being repeated. As well, please accept my sincere apologies for the cleanliness issues in your room. I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review cleanliness standards to ensure that your experience is repeated. I would also like to express my disappointment in the condition of our grab-and-go breakfast items. I will be having my staff inspect our breakfast items before stocking them from now on. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at fwd@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My first impression of the extended stay was beyond exceeded my expectations of service, Taylor Turner is an excellent host and front desk clerk that will help anyway she can to make people happy and satisfied while staying here.

• Stayed June 2014
Durham NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Was traveling with an elderly parent for a family event in town. One room was a handicap access room which met the needs for the parent. While it is designed for a long term business stay, the only two drawbacks on the handicap room is 1) there is no adjoining access to this room from another room (we had two rooms; did stay directly across the hall from the handicap room) and 2) the room had a tub/shower with grab bars and a drop seat for the tub rather than a "at floor level" shower for easy access. Because of medications and eating needs, the full kicthen was just right. Regular rooms was clean met our needs. Breakfast was a little on the "light" side, there is a McD's just 3 minutes away and a supermarket 5 minutes away. A Golds gym right across the street. Major shopping area with all big box stores and a mall just 5 minutes away on the other side of the interstate. No interstate noise although in a light industry area and surrounded by long term stay major brands (at 60% more in cost!)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you and you parent. We are pleased that you enjoyed your clean room and our fully equipped kitchens.

Frederick, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Housekeeping horrible!!! Staff attitude sucks royally! Free wifi doesn't work. Asked for missing utensils and didn't get it. Staff forgot to bring clean towels after I took the dirty ones to the front desk. Room was cleaned twice in 5 weeks and when I called to ask them to clean my room I was told they had already cleaned it and if they had time they would but will be charged extra.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience and that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We will conduct a staff meeting to ensure that our entire hotel is meeting our high standards. We will also be working with our housekeeping staff on a new cleaning process to make sure that we meet each guest's expectations.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback or comments, please reach out to us at fwd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Extended Stay in Frederick, Maryland from 9 to 18 June 2014. This was our second stay out first being a year ago. It is located in a quiet section of Frederick and yet close to a shopping center with restaurants, movie and retail stores. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in room 132 and found it clean and very comfortable. We walked in the neighborhood each morning by nearby more costly hotels. The price of the room was especially attractive and this was a consideration given our long stay. The "Grab and Go" in the lobby where one can grab a cup of coffee and fruit or snack on the way out the door was innovative. We enjoyed our stay and will frequent this hotel each time we venture north to Frederick which is generally once or twice a year.

Room Tip: Room on first floor makes for an easy get-away. Otherwise, one must use the elevator. While a bit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The receptionist name chastity is great make us feel welcome ,and accommodated us . we came in before checking time. The price is great specially if you stay for a week.the property is located right next to a shopping center and the golds gym which is great.

• Stayed April 2014
Brooklyn, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

1 - there was no one at teh front desk to check me in and I had to wait 10 minutes for someone
2 - the cooling/heating was not on so I came into a freezing room as it was below freezing outside
3 - the bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable
4 - no one made up the bed when I returned
5 - i had to wait for 10 minutes for someone to arrive to check me out
6 - I was overcharged by a day rate although I only stayed for two nights
7 - they charged the wrong card after they made a copy of the right card

No I will not stay here and will never stay at an Extended Stay ever again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

Address: 5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701
Location: United States > Maryland > Frederick
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Frederick Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.